I'm going to miss you people when the Escapist shuts down.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
ObsidianJones said:
It's the weirdest thing.

As long as I've been a member of this forums, I felt like a tolerated outsider. Yet it's home. A digital oasis.

There will come a time when the lights go out. Here's a preemptive cheers to all of you that became a cornerstone of this oasis. I thank every one of you for this decade of my life. I mean that.

Until then... If last call is a-coming? Let's spend every minute partying like we just got here.
Nah, you're not an outsider and you're barely even tolerated =P

Seriously though, I think you're as 'in' as anybody else.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
It used to really be my internet home and I really enjoyed it back when it was

It's sad that it seems slow and inevitable that it's going to just be gone for good but I think a lot of what I enjoyed is kind of gone anyways. Sort of moved on, found a tighter community. Part of that may be I was just willing to be more outgoing there. But at this time around here it feels kind of barren and sad. I made at least one long lasting friend from this place tho it's been some months since I chatted with her. She left quite a whIle longer ago

Tbh I don't really know what I get much from coming back every few weeks to months except it being a bit nice to see it still exists

I kind of what to just cut it off now in some ways. I don't feel like I'll fit in much even if somehow people found a new site to migrate to. Have another community now and while backup would be nice it doesn't feel... necessary. At the very least for a few years and even then it's not the same

Hmm. I guess I feel like I don't really have any like real friends here now that I couldn't just talk to some other way. Think I'm a bit forgotten and well probably not too liked.

This is all a bit depressing really

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Fappy said:
It's always interesting to see old timers pop in every couple of years to survey the wasteland. It's going to be a sad day when all of our 8+ year old browser bookmarks lead to a 404 error.
Old timer chiming in. It's definitely weird. I haven't checked the website in weeks, it's not even on my bookmark bar any more. This place used to be my virtual home. I just check in whether there's a 404 showing up or some kind of goodbye message. And I always get surprised that Yathzee is still making shit here. I dunno man. Things started to change from the first March Madness, that was the turning point if you ask me. It was downhill ever since.

But I remember fantastic conversations, if vaguely because my memory is terrible. I even fell in love with one of the members, heartbreaking as that ended up being. And now this place is...this It's weird. It was good while it lasted, I suppose.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I will be sad when this place goes. It was here on this site that I was able to obtain a physical copy of the PC version of Final Fantasy 8 from another poster who no longer wanted it.

Aug 25, 2009
Well ho-lee shit. Been gone years now (my last post was 2013? Really? I am honestly shocked to see that), come back because a friend reminded me about Zero Punctuation and find that someone here remembers me? And thought I made good posts?

I guess you always wonder if you've ever made an impression in your life. And sometimes you worry that that impression might not have been the best one. I'm not returning to the Escapist, aside from my occasional six monthly/yearly stop in. But hey, at least once upon a time I made an impression on someone, somewhere.

And for what it's worth, I do always remember my time on the Escapist. I try to remember the good over the bad, because there were good years here that I enjoyed this forum. And whatever I might now think, or have thought over the last few years, I guess it's all in the past now.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Nice to see so much of the old guard alive and well. It's a shame that the state of The Escapist has come to this but I suppose we've been headed here for awhile. Just want to say that many of you kept me preoccupied with interesting discussion in my younger (and somewhat lonelier) years. It's been a pleasure to know you all.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
MelasZepheos said:
Well ho-lee shit. Been gone years now (my last post was 2013? Really? I am honestly shocked to see that), come back because a friend reminded me about Zero Punctuation and find that someone here remembers me? And thought I made good posts?

I guess you always wonder if you've ever made an impression in your life. And sometimes you worry that that impression might not have been the best one. I'm not returning to the Escapist, aside from my occasional six monthly/yearly stop in. But hey, at least once upon a time I made an impression on someone, somewhere.

And for what it's worth, I do always remember my time on the Escapist. I try to remember the good over the bad, because there were good years here that I enjoyed this forum. And whatever I might now think, or have thought over the last few years, I guess it's all in the past now.
Wow, I didn't think you'd be back. I always thought you were eaten by a spambot from the way your profile changed. Is that a book you wrote?