I'm gonna sound soooo racist but...

junkmanuk

Apr 7, 2009
I prefer women over men (entirely) does that make me sexist?

It's just preference - don't worry about it.

Deimateos

Apr 25, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
Deimateos said:
One of the darker countries that sees paleness as beauty is India (Who had been occupied by the British for quite some time, so they had lots of time to be indoctrinated).
Actually it pre-dates the British by quite some time, it's to do with their caste system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_in_India
Well my mistake there, then. Lesson learned, don't get your history from chip-shouldered Indian girls. BTW, some of their skin lightening commercials? Creeeeeeepy.

Generic Gamer said:
Basically as a rule the paler your skin the higher birth you are because it supposedly shows that you don't work in the sun as much.
This is true of England too. I should've clarified that I was talking about clothes for the purity/innocence stuff (Had it in there before, but late night edits have their drawbacks, like re-entering crucial info)

Generic Gamer said:
It's especially unfair to blame the British for that because the British army wasn't especially racist for the time and because the Indian caste system puts foreigners right at the bottom.
For that, sure.
For Racism?
Mmmmm...no. Imperial Britain was pretty damn horrid for the time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRyl5b_qLxY

Now, back OT!

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
I don't have a preference, but I've been on the other side of it (I've had someone interested in me solely because I'm dark-skinned,) and it's... odd.

Jake Lewis Clayton

Apr 22, 2010
Extremely pale white is my general preference. I really don't like tans (fake or real)

I'm on the fence about those with darker skin tones though (Or as berlusconi would say, those with a really good tan [what an idiot]). As i find some black women sexy, but as a general rule of thumb most just don't appeal to me.

Latinos, are also hit and miss, but there's not many I see outside of movies, living in the uk.

Far East women are definitely sexy but I don't know whether I'd say their skin tone was anything to do with it :S.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Hmmm I'm white and I really don't find white girls attractive at all. Black women all the way for me. They just have a lot that white girls don't have.

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
I have a preferance to both gothic pale and very (naturally) dark. It really depends more so on their features than anything else however.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
This is no more racist than preferring other bodily traits, such as blue eyes.
OT: any skin colour is fine by me, although if I must choose a favourite, I would say white, simply because I never knew more than one non-white person growing up, and therefore I have been unwillingly conditioned to caucasian (or rather, nordic) looks.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Calling sexual attraction to one skin colour over another is like calling someone sexist for being gay. Although not quite, because that doesn't mean other skin colours can't be sexually attractive.

Generally, most of the people I've been attracted to have been white. That said, I have had my share of phases.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Skin tone doesnt matter to me, as long as the girl is natural ginger, so i suppose by default 'pale with freckles' would be my favorite

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Deimateos said:
The Stonker said:
90% of the Escapist, don't read, seriously check it up.
Fixed

The Stonker said:
But well, my preference is the same as yours snow white skin, black hair...blue eyes.
Oh yes, my cock is a nazi.
Someone's cock didn't read what hair color nazis liked!
But everybody knows that the reason why I like black hair is because it hides seamen pretty well.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Not really a preference on skin colour, but on a related note:

I generally don't find black women attractive as most black women I've met have a just slightly different bone structure, thicker lips etc. That I just don't find myself attracted to. Maybe it's cultural baggage, maybe something else, but I just don't find myself looking at such women and thinking "mmm... nice...".

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
First off I don't find it rasict, too me it is the same as liking one eye colour over another.

I prefer a girl with a light tan.

Sep 24, 2008
Sunrider84 said:
If anyone finds this racist, they are pretty damn ignorant if you ask me. Similar questions include, but are not limited to:
"Do you like bigger or smaller breasts?"
"Do you like thin or big women?"
"Do you like blondes or brunettes?"

Preferring thin women over bigger ones doesn't mean you HATE the bigger ones, or blondes just because you like the brunettes. It's plain silly.
This actually brings up an interesting point. No one said hate, so it can't be racism.

so, it's prejudice. A might better than racism, but EVERYONE has prejudice. Therein makes this a little murky.

I've seen enough race related or religion related threads here to kind of get a picture of the majority of the posters. I've found that when it is a race thread, the whites feel like they are pre judged more than any other race and unfairly. I can concur.

Whites are the America of the races; everyone is allowed to pick on them and it can be a bonding experience for different people. I can sense the tiredness of some of you having to deal with that, and it's not fair. You're right to be sick of it. It's a prejudice and a choice for most people as people tend to like to look down on America (and usually the whites who live there) because it makes them feel better and/or superior. It's not like you can never talk to an american or a white person, especially in this age of the net, but people choose to keep their biases.

That tiredness, that unfair burden people put on the modern day white... It's a bit like not being attractive due to color. Not exactly the same, but you get tired of being prejudged*. Now, if one person is tired of prejudice placed at their feet, is it really hard to understand why another person might get tired of a prejudice that the first person might consider 'just a preference'?

*I edited this to acknowledge that I might be different in terms of sexual attraction. For me, it's 65% personality, and 35% appearance. Meaning that even the hottest girl I ever seen could be unattractive to me due to her personality.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
There's nothing racist about asking what skin tones you are sexually attracted by. If that was acist then asking whether you prefer guys or gals would be sexist.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
That tiredness, that unfair burden people put on the modern day white... It's a bit like not being attractive due to color. Not exactly the same, but you get tired of being prejudged*. Now, if one person is tired of prejudice placed at their feet, is it really hard to understand why another person might get tired of a prejudice that the first person might consider 'just a preference'?

No one is unattractive due to color or any other physical attributes by default.
Other than that, I don't really care. As an example:
I'm overweight. Not obese, just overweight. I don't see why I should be going around being upset about a lot of people not being attracted to my looks. I won't go into "I have the right to be butthurt, dammit!" or anything, but I kinda think people need to stop being offended so easily. This is, however, semi off topic, and would probably require a different thread to do it justice.

Keep in mind, I never said you were "butthurt" or anything like that, these are just examples.

Unless I completely missed your point, that's how I think about it.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
I like my girls pale no matter the race.
I saw a really hot ginger girl tanning once. A tan ginger is a no no (they just turn red.)
Fake tans turn me way off.