I'm in need need of some new tunes Escapists

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Hello Guys I have been wanting some new and exciting songs and was wondering if you my fellow escapists can help me with your music knowledge and your cunning ears to show me some amazing songs for my hearing pleasure.

Here's My preferences

Yay
Rock, Heavy rock, Alt Rock, Grunge, Nu-Metal, Alt Metal, Metal core, Screamo (depends what it is), Drum and base, Electronica, Videogame OST, Dubstep, Dance (depends what it is) and Rap (depends what it is), Prog Rock, Prog Metal and Hardcore.

Nay
Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Techno, Trance, Happy Hardcore, Doom Metal, Pop, Country, Classical, and R and B.

Edit: Sorry wrong board how do i ask mods to move it?

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Time to get yo' prog:

Edit: it's ridiculously hard to find high quality protest videos on youtube, which is odd, because it was really easy about a year ago...

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
<youtube=_Kaz1y2z2OE>

Fuck knows if you'll like this, I'll post it anyway though. I'll post some Hip Hop too, for the fuck of it.

<youtube=ZqyoMSCujI4>

ActivatorX

Sep 11, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Look, an offical preview for your tastes. The full full song is epic (in my opinion)

Angerfist has become too soft.

I recommend a touch of Tha Playah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf_kkNQ0YJo

I would also recommend a side dish to your main course of Bass Busting - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZTo-gqbxsk&feature=related

Finally, as dessert, I would recommend Pendulum - Immersion (album). It's a whole mash-up of rock, d&b, metal and "pop".

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
Didn't see Progressive Rock / Metal on either of your lists.

Anyway, under that genre, look into Purcupine Tree and Dream Theater.

Grooveshark should have plenty of stuff for you to listen to.

In particular, check out DT's Octavarium and the In the Presence of Enemies. Make sure you take your time though, as they're 24 and 25 minute epics, respectively.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Jazoni89 said:
Hello Guys I have been wanting some new and exciting songs and was wondering if you my fellow escapists can help me with your music knowledge and your cunning ears to show me some amazing songs for my hearing pleasure.

Here's My preferences

Yay
Rock, Heavy rock, Alt Rock, Grunge, Nu-Metal, Alt Metal, Metal core, Screamo (depends what it is), Drum and base, Electronica, Videogame OST, Dubstep, Dance (depends what it is) and Rap (depends what it is).

Nay
Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Techno, Trance, Doom Metal, Pop, Country, Classical, and R and B.

Edit: Sorry wrong board how do i ask mods to move it?
Enter Shikari, Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red.
Dividing the Line but they've split so their stuff really has to be scoured for.
FargoDog said:
-snipped the videos-

Some of my personal favourites.
You have brilliant taste dude :D

EDIT: Got more for you, OP:
Architects
Burden of a Day
Bury Tomorrow
Mammal
Rise Against

Here Comes the Kraken if you want some heavy shit.