I'm rumor man! Persona 4 Golden comes to Steam June 13th......maybe

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So people are reporting that they've found Denuvo support pages as well as steam database pages for Persona 4 Golden coming to steam. And apparently it's very very soon.....like Friday soon.

I believe this is the first time a Persona game has come to PC and I'm hyped to play Persona 4 considering how much I enjoyed Persona 5 and how I don't have a working Vita. So I hope this is true.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Hmmmmm, hopefully it gets a PS4 release too. It would make sense seeing as Persona 5 has been quite successful. I mean, I'd pick it up. Maybe not play it right away as I've been play P5R since the end of March, almost 200 hours in. I'm a bit Persona'd out.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Unpopular opinion: I like the original Persona 4 better than Golden. Adachi and Marie's social links don't add that much (see also: the city), and making the first two bosses easier defeats the point of the lessons they're trying to teach the player.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well as someone that hasn't played Persona 4 ever, because I no longer have a PS2 and never had a PS Vita, I'd say that's great news an opportunity to play such a well-regarded game is always great, a shame that it seems to be tied to Denuvo, but I'm sure there will be a crack to remove that bullshit somewhere in the web.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Unpopular opinion: I like the original Persona 4 better than Golden. Adachi and Marie's social links don't add that much (see also: the city), and making the first two bosses easier defeats the point of the lessons they're trying to teach the player.
I agree. I also feel Marie is a bad character that takes a needlessly central role to the story. And I didn't like some of the voice actor changes.

Other than that, if it this means they eventually port P3, then I am fine with this. I don't particularly care about P4, but P3 is one of the best PS2 games, and I'd play it again if it gets a good port.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Hmmmmm, hopefully it gets a PS4 release too. It would make sense seeing as Persona 5 has been quite successful. I mean, I'd pick it up. Maybe not play it right away as I've been play P5R since the end of March, almost 200 hours in. I'm a bit Persona'd out.
200 hours!? How? What are you doing to put that many hours into the game. I Platinumed the game in 87 hours. I can't imagine adding over 100 more to that.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
200 hours!? How? What are you doing to put that many hours into the game. I Platinumed the game in 87 hours. I can't imagine adding over 100 more to that.
Ok, I checked my save file and only 151 hours, so a slight exaggeration in my case:) I am not sure how I spent that many hours playing to be honest with you. I haven't really been in Mementos as much as I did in my first playthrough either, only when I really needed to be. I can only put it down to playing a lot of darts and walking everywhere instead of fast travelling. I don't know how you blasted through it in under 100 hours, unless you skipped the story and a lot of the side stuff.

The plat will have to wait until the next playthrough, I screwed up my exams.