I'm sorry, you have forfeited your right to complain.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Outright Villainy said:
marter said:
I have a situation where the person in question has no right to complain.

When you continue with your bad habits, and then try and complain why no one wants anything to do with you, especially after they have tried to get you help.
I know what that's like. Far too well...
Sorry to hear about that. Personal example here as well.

Jun 3, 2009
dbungus2000 said:
If you make a sandwich and you don't check the expiration date on the pickle and you get HIV, then you have no right to complain
If you live your life in fear of an HIV pickle because you never passed high school biology, then you have no right to complain.

Jun 3, 2009
teh_pwning_dude said:
StBishop said:
2. Haven't experienced a portion of life (Never had a job, never went to uni, never finished Highschool, Never served in Armed Forces etc.) = Don't rag on it or say it's easy/unnecissary.
So I'm not allowed to complain about terrorism because I've never been a terrorist?
I think he means you can't complain about how hard terrorism is if you haven't tried it.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Anyone complaining about any form of entertainment does not, EVER, have the right to do so unless they've witnessed that entertainment for themselves. Main case in point, nobody has the right to complain about Twilight unless they read the books or saw the films for themselves. And by that I mean sat through it, not just given up halfway saying it's shit. Committ to something if you want to earn the right to complain about it.

Same goes for Halo, Uwe Boll movies, and pretty much anything else.

dbungus2000

Apr 12, 2010
Doctor VonSexMachine said:
dbungus2000 said:
If you make a sandwich and you don't check the expiration date on the pickle and you get HIV, then you have no right to complain
If you live your life in fear of an HIV pickle because you never passed high school biology, then you have no right to complain.
biology was hard.

Shannon Baber

Mar 3, 2010
tomvw said:
I've seen people who buy or build a house close to an airport (because it's cheaper probably) and then go on to complain about the noise the planes make when fly overhead. They even demand that the planes make a detour, I mean, WTF?
I know right? There are some people in my town that recently started to complain about noise levels after moving in next to an Airforce base, I mean people really?

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
StBishop said:
1. Don't Vote = Don't complain about the government
2. Haven't experienced a portion of life (Never had a job, never went to uni, never finished Highschool, Never served in Armed Forces etc.) = Don't rag on it or say it's easy/unnecissary.
Beat me to it, if you dont vote you dont get to complain about the resulting government.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Manicotti said:
quite a few lawsuits over the misuse of a given product fall into this category too. For years, I've been in favor of removing safety labels from pretty much everything, giving their manufacturers blanket amnesty (except under whatever conditions may cause a product recall, such as toxicity/flammability/etc), and encouraging a higher social learning curve that way.
You know, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to that. I say a company should only be liable if the product itself fails and results in injury. There should be no company liability for simply using (or rather misusing) the product and getting hurt or injured. The best example that comes to mind is the woman who sued McDonald's a number of years back because she spilt her coffee on herself. Under my system, McDonald's wouldn't have been liable for that. However if the bottom had dropped off the cup resulting in the spill, then they'd have been liable.

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
Once you're making over $250k a year, you've given up the right to complain about how hard things are financially.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
StBishop said:
And if you vote someone in, despite knowing what they want to do, then get upset about it, you have no right to complain. I met a chick at uni (she turned out to be communist idiot) who said she voted for labor because she expected him to pull troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. She then bitched about they were putting more troops into Afghanistan. This is despite the fact that Rudd said he was going to do it well before and during the election.

Ignorant people have no right to complain about being ignorant.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Trivun said:
Anyone complaining about any form of entertainment does not, EVER, have the right to do so unless they've witnessed that entertainment for themselves. Main case in point, nobody has the right to complain about Twilight unless they read the books or saw the films for themselves. And by that I mean sat through it, not just given up halfway saying it's shit. Committ to something if you want to earn the right to complain about it.

Same goes for Halo, Uwe Boll movies, and pretty much anything else.
That is why you'll never hear me complaining about Twilight. However I will complain about people complaining about Twilight. Seriously... AUUUUUUUGH!!

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
Do not complain if you have never played the video game you're bitching. Same with companies that make hardware for you to play on!

Do not complain if you moved next to a baseball park and the kids keep hitting balls over the fences and they destroy your house/car windows.

Do not complain if exercising is too hard, when you haven't ever exercised!

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
Shannon Baber said:
tomvw said:
I've seen people who buy or build a house close to an airport (because it's cheaper probably) and then go on to complain about the noise the planes make when fly overhead. They even demand that the planes make a detour, I mean, WTF?
I know right? There are some people in my town that recently started to complain about noise levels after moving in next to an Airforce base, I mean people really?
It really sucks, and this kinda thing can have major consequences. In my case, the government caved under the pressure and made a law to reduce the number of flights (at night mostly, but still). As a result, some company decided to take their business elsewhere because of the restrictions. People got fired, less traffic at the airport... You get the idea.
Well, at least that Airforce base of yours probably won't move anytime soon.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
StBishop said:
You have that wrong. The non-voters are the ones who can complain. WE didn't put W. Bush in office for 8 years. Those that did vote are the ones that are to blame. The voters are the one screwing it up for the rest of us.
Then again, voting is pointless. The popular vote doesn't matter in U.S. presidential elections (which are in MAJOR need of an overhaul, which I have an idea of waht to change it to). Al Gore had more votes than Bush but still lost, so voting for federal offices is indeed pointless.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I guess you could complain to the flood, but it wouldn't do any good.

This becomes very different when you start talking about auto insurance though.

Shannon Baber

Mar 3, 2010
tomvw said:
Shannon Baber said:
tomvw said:
It really sucks, and this kinda thing can have major consequences. In my case, the government caved under the pressure and made a law to reduce the number of flights (at night mostly, but still). As a result, some company decided to take their business elsewhere because of the restrictions. People got fired, less traffic at the airport... You get the idea.
Well, at least that Airforce base of yours probably won't move anytime soon.
I would hope it dosen't go flying off anywhere.(buh doo chi) The goverment dumped a project that would have provided alot of jobs, for our area 0_o

Brikson

Jan 28, 2010
demoman_chaos said:
StBishop said:
You have that wrong. The non-voters are the ones who can complain. WE didn't put W. Bush in office for 8 years. Those that did vote are the ones that are to blame. The voters are the one screwing it up for the rest of us.
Then again, voting is pointless. The popular vote doesn't matter in U.S. presidential elections (which are in MAJOR need of an overhaul, which I have an idea of waht to change it to). Al Gore had more votes than Bush but still lost, so voting for federal offices is indeed pointless.
Nonvoters also didn't keep Bush out of office. While it's speculation, not voting may have led to Gore not receiving the votes needed in the key states. Had the non voters come out, maybe Bush would have lost. You are right about the election process needing an overhaul though.