I'm starting to question why anyone lives in California

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
HELLZONE HELLZONE HELLZONE HELLZONE
Are you feeling okay there Revnak? Like maybe close the curtains to leave the Hellzone outside and build a pillow fort in your room and hide out for a bit listening to some relaxing music and sip a smoothie?

Just pretend this ins't happening outside maybe?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going.
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing.
Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing
so the danger must be growing.
Are the fires of hell a glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes! The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing.
And they're certainly not showing
any signs that they are slowing!

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going.
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing.
Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing
so the danger must be growing.
Are the fires of hell a glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes! The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing.
And they're certainly not showing
any signs that they are slowing!

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I have been hunkered down with friends in Eugene since this started and the fires have nearly reached the neighboring town of Springfield. Parts of Springfield have started being evacuated.
As someone who experienced something similar some years ago, I simply ask that for your own safety everyone adopt the "living out of a suitcase" lifestyle until the danger passes. If the fires get too close and you have to evacuate, you'll benefit greatly from having your 'must-haves' and 'must-saves' prepacked and ready to go. The fires always move faster than you expect, and you'll want to be in a state where you can be on the road within five minutes of hearing that you'll need to leave.

Stay safe and I sincerely hope that my advice ends up being overcaution on my part.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Took this picture at work, around 10:30 in the morning.

For the record, I live about 30-45 minutes away from San Francisco.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Update, slightly overzealous with my statement re escaping hellzone. Air is breathable and not raining ash, but world’s still orange.
Calm before the storm like right before Satan appears on " This is the end"??

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
THANKS FOX FOR TELLING VULNERABLE PEOPLE TO FEAR OTHERS DURING A TIME OF CRISIS I AM SURE NONE OF THIS WILL COME BACK TO BITE ANYONE WHEN TONS OF HOMELESS, DESPERATE, AND ARMED PEOPLE GET IT IN THEIR HEADS THAT THEIR FELLOW DESPERATE AND HOMELESS PEOPLE CAUSED ALL THEIR PROBLEMS

Reactions: Seanchaidh

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
THANKS FOX FOR TELLING VULNERABLE PEOPLE TO FEAR OTHERS DURING A TIME OF CRISIS I AM SURE NONE OF THIS WILL COME BACK TO BITE ANYONE WHEN TONS OF HOMELESS, DESPERATE, AND ARMED PEOPLE GET IT IN THEIR HEADS THAT THEIR FELLOW DESPERATE AND HOMELESS PEOPLE CAUSED ALL THEIR PROBLEMS
Great now they have all those racist redneck militias I was warning you about being in Oregon years back are now going to come out and start trying to kill people just trying to get help in the middle of a Fire crisis. When does it end?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Great now they have all those racist redneck militias I was warning you about being in Oregon years back are now going to come out and start trying to kill people just trying to get help in the middle of a Fire crisis. When does it end?
It’s very frustrating because there was even a warning before the fires started. Everyone knew that between the windstorms blowing East to west and the already warm weather after a particularly dry summer that we were about to see horrific fires. The causes so far have mostly been downed power lines and incidental shit, but we’ve got hundreds saying that Antifa started all of them including the major ones that started 20 miles off of I5 into the woods. It’s not great.

Reactions: lil devils x

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
5A31E097-5BC7-4745-991F-559DD979C2F4.jpeg
lol. Given how vast of an improvement Portland is over the rest of Oregon in terms of air quality right now, I’m probably gonna die of cancer. Along with everyone else.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Which arsonists exactly, the pregnant women?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Which arsonists exactly, the pregnant women?
As much fun as it is to joke about the gender reveal fire that has done more damage than the entirety of the year’s protests, that was in California. Also I worry that any talking about the fires as man made probably just fuels the delusions, even if the blame is being placed on upper-class white folk.
We’re past the brink, our society has been thrown a barrage of crisis and the response has been to eat one another alive. Decades of dog eat dog capitalism, the destruction of Organized Labor, and culture war have transformed America into a society of fearful and resentful buffoons waiting for the moment to pounce on one another in hope that their can-do spirit and ruthless ambition will earn them a seat with the capitalists. We were promised so much, and we demand the lives promised to us, by violence if necessary. America’s eulogy was written years ago in a Robert Frost poem and misquoted by George Bush to justify a border wall.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
As much fun as it is to joke about the gender reveal fire...
Dunno what you're talking about. I'm not joking about anything. This is a serious problem with serious consequences that must be discussed in the open marketplace of ideas, free of bias or ulterior motive.

1.png
3.jpg
2.png
4.jpg

Also I worry that any talking about the fires as man made probably just fuels the delusions, even if the blame is being placed on upper-class white folk.
I mean, six months ago people were setting cell phone towers on fire on account of the 5G scare, and internet pranksters bought so much shungite it led to a short-term price-per-unit spike. We're not exactly talking about an isolated incident here, let alone after last year when gender reveal parties caused that one wildfire and there were deaths attributed to a gender reveal IED.

I mean, people being dumb enough to shoot each other over accusations of arson, is just as valid as people being dumb enough to start wildfires by accident or on purpose in the first place. And frankly, not to be a dick, but just as valid as people moving into spaces where massive wildfire is literally part of the ecosystem to defeat overpopulation, while still being unwilling to just...move to lesser-populated states. Or, you know, do anything about the post-2008 unoccupied housing glut.

We’re past the brink, our society has been thrown a barrage of crisis and the response has been to eat one another alive.
Well, duh.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren