I'm starting to question why anyone lives in California

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It’s very frustrating because there was even a warning before the fires started. Everyone knew that between the windstorms blowing East to west and the already warm weather after a particularly dry summer that we were about to see horrific fires. The causes so far have mostly been downed power lines and incidental shit, but we’ve got hundreds saying that Antifa started all of them including the major ones that started 20 miles off of I5 into the woods. It’s not great.
Of course the racist fascist Neo Nazi white supremacists are going to blame Antifa for anything they can now. Why I am not surprised? I am sure if Trump picks up on it, he will start tweeting again about the shadow people and cheer for the racist militias.

I am worried that due to the ones that came out already they will inspire more armed idiots to come out and make it even worse. God forbid black families need to evacuate or come back to their own home or something and run into these numskulls. I just hope no one gets hurt with these idiots running around.

Hopefully you can keep safe there with all this crazy crap happening. Between the bad police, protests, counter protests, nazi militias, fires..you have a good deal to be careful of there right now, so hopefully you will be able to. Sounds insane there tbh.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Just going to go ahead and leave this here:

I've been telling people for years that we're living in Cyberpunk, I think this year has pretty much 100% solidified that.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
THANKS FOX FOR TELLING VULNERABLE PEOPLE TO FEAR OTHERS DURING A TIME OF CRISIS I AM SURE NONE OF THIS WILL COME BACK TO BITE ANYONE WHEN TONS OF HOMELESS, DESPERATE, AND ARMED PEOPLE GET IT IN THEIR HEADS THAT THEIR FELLOW DESPERATE AND HOMELESS PEOPLE CAUSED ALL THEIR PROBLEMS
Well, it is September 11.

Anyhoo, they were doing that sort of thing way back during Katrina, cause black refugees scary or whatever.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Implying Antifa isn't upper class white folk...:unsure:
Tstorm, thousands have been pushed from their homes, the entire state is choking on smoke fumes, and this fucking bullshit slobs vs snobs white working classery is what you feel like bringing to the table? I’m living in a natural disaster. Show the smallest degree of consideration for another human being for once in your life.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Of course the racist fascist Neo Nazi white supremacists are going to blame Antifa for anything they can now. Why I am not surprised? I am sure if Trump picks up on it, he will start tweeting again about the shadow people and cheer for the racist militias.

I am worried that due to the ones that came out already they will inspire more armed idiots to come out and make it even worse. God forbid black families need to evacuate or come back to their own home or something and run into these numskulls. I just hope no one gets hurt with these idiots running around.

Hopefully you can keep safe there with all this crazy crap happening. Between the bad police, protests, counter protests, nazi militias, fires..you have a good deal to be careful of there right now, so hopefully you will be able to. Sounds insane there tbh.
It’s not just militia people, it’s the entire Timber Unity crowd. Much more of rural Oregon is buying into this than just the normal militia types. Really feels like the normal Oregon “fuck Portland” culture war combined with a natural disaster has worked out very poorly. People are desperate and mad, and in a society built on resentment and fear, people want to blame someone. To say this is a result of racist militias misses every step that bog standard American capitalism took to make our culture work this way.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It’s not just militia people, it’s the entire Timber Unity crowd. Much more of rural Oregon is buying into this than just the normal militia types. Really feels like the normal Oregon “fuck Portland” culture war combined with a natural disaster has worked out very poorly. People are desperate and mad, and in a society built on resentment and fear, people want to blame someone. To say this is a result of racist militias misses every step that bog standard American capitalism took to make our culture work this way.
Oh I am not saying this is just a result of the racist militias I know all too well what happens when it gets started, the same crap happens down here in Texas. It starts with the KKK here spreading ignorance then you have everyone and their dog spreading it on Facebook and at the local diner as " truth" so granny will go out and get her gun. That is the same reason we had everyone afraid that Obama was going to invade Texas and put everyone in shackles they have loaded on trains and I had to listen to my sister call me up from rural west Texas telling me the entire town was in an uproar talking about it at their city hall genuinely afraid. I didn't miss it. I know all too well what happens once this gets started.

Of course people are desperate and mad and others are seeing that as an opportunity to use that as fuel to exploit them in the process through ridiculous rumors getting everyone riled up. We see this happen all the time, they see a crisis like this as an opportunity.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
To put things in perspective, most of the population of Oregon is in AQI 300-500 right now.
1A12F6F3-95F7-471C-BAFF-1992E7F5D857.jpeg

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
To put things in perspective, most of the population of Oregon is in AQI 300-500 right now.
View attachment 855
With my breathing conditions I would just die. That is terrifying to me. I have to have air purifiers all over the place in my house as it is, and strictly control the air temperature.

Sounds like a good time to take a Vacation.. just not to California because they are in the same boat you are. Maybe a vacation to the east coast might be far enough away from your hell zone there? XD

NOW we need a Revnak Organians* Oregonian refugee fund.

* https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Organian

Reactions: Revnak

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
With my breathing conditions I would just die. That is terrifying to me. I have to have air purifiers all over the place in my house as it is, and strictly control the air temperature.

Sounds like a good time to take a Vacation.. just not to California because they are in the same boat you are. Maybe a vacation to the east coast might be far enough away from your hell zone there? XD

NOW we need a Revnak Organians* Oregonian refugee fund.

* https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Organian
Appreciated but I will not leave the Pacific Northwest until I have no other option. This is my home.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Tstorm, thousands have been pushed from their homes, the entire state is choking on smoke fumes, and this fucking bullshit slobs vs snobs white working classery is what you feel like bringing to the table? I’m living in a natural disaster. Show the smallest degree of consideration for another human being for once in your life.
You spend all your time wishing literal death on people you disagree with, you actively bring up worries about who might be blamed for fires because you don't want Antifa blamed, you suggest yourself that the badness of theories about manmade fires would be somewhat mitigated by upperclass white people being blamed for it, and you're condemning me for pointing out Antifa demographics?

Yeah, sure. That makes sense. Stay safe. I wouldn't wish on you any of what you wish on others on a regular basis.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
You spend all your time wishing literal death on people you disagree with, you actively bring up worries about who might be blamed for fires because you don't want Antifa blamed, you suggest yourself that the badness of theories about manmade fires would be somewhat mitigated by upperclass white people being blamed for it, and you're condemning me for pointing out Antifa demographics?

Yeah, sure. That makes sense. Stay safe. I wouldn't wish on you any of what you wish on others on a regular basis.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
The detrimental effects of climate change have been downplayed for too long, and a dangerous public contempt towards the environment has been permitted to fester. In 1910 Theodore Roosevelt said "Conservation is a great moral issue, for it involves the patriotic duty of insuring the safety and continuance of the nation," but this would have been an obstacle to unfettered capitalism and shortsighted personal consumption, and so the US and the rest of the world has stumbled blindly ever closer to fundamentally altering the face of the Earth in ways which will soon prove catastrophic if something is not done.

You search the forums and find me or anyone with remotely similar politics wishing painful death on others, I will send you a cookie.
The national Republican policy platform is written in blood. You may claim you don't intend for anyone to be injured by your cast ballot, which I'm sure will be of great comfort to the casualties.