I'm starting to question why anyone lives in California

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I have an internet friend from Oregon and shes stuck in her room cuz she has asthma. I tell her that she can move to Texas cuz the entire west coast sucks.

lil devils x

๐ŸMore Lego Goats Please!๐Ÿ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
๐ŸUSA๐Ÿ
I have an internet friend from Oregon and shes stuck in her room cuz she has asthma. I tell her that she can move to Texas cuz the entire west coast sucks.
LOL Texas is also a terrible state for Asthma and breathing conditions in general. My physician keeps telling me to move so it doesn't kill me. She would be stuck in her room here to! HAHA!

Be all like , " Move here because being stuck in your room here is better than being stuck in your room there" XD

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'm sure someone with asthma will greatly enjoy cedar season in Texas.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
๐ŸUSA๐Ÿ
I'm sure someone with asthma will greatly enjoy cedar season in Texas.
Oh so much more than just the cedar. The heat, humidity, the sheer combination of extreme pollen.. Texas is always in the top 5 worst places to live in the US for allergies or Asthma. LOL

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Oh so much more than just the cedar. The heat, humidity, the sheer combination of extreme pollen.. Texas is always in the top 5 worst places to live in the US for allergies or Asthma. LOL
The five states ranked best for average air quality are Hawaii, Alaska, Maine, Washington, and Oregon, and Maine is the only one in the mainland US that's not currently in the fiery death zone. The worst states are Utah, Ohio, Georgia, West Virginia, and Indiana.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
๐ŸUSA๐Ÿ
The five states ranked best for average air quality are Hawaii, Alaska, Maine, Washington, and Oregon, and Maine is the only one in the mainland US that's not currently in the fiery death zone. The worst states are Utah, Ohio, Georgia, West Virginia, and Indiana.
Top 5 worst states to live in with seasonal pollen allergies
The five states that present the most challenges for those with seasonal allergies are:

• Texas
  • Louisiana
  • Pennsylvania
  • Ohio
  • New York

And it isn't even the allergies that kill me. My biggest triggers are heat, humidity, dust and mold. And we have them ALL here terribly. Texas still gets dust storms as well.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
๐ŸUSA๐Ÿ
I've heard that mountain air is typically the best for those seeking fresh air. Or is that just mumbo jumbo?
LOL well.. the higher elevation happens to have less oxygen. That is why mountain climbers pass out...

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
LOL well.. the higher elevation happens to have less oxygen. That is why mountain climbers pass out...

Well I'm sure there's an elevation that's high enough that it lacks most of the usual pollen producing flora of the lower regions but is also not so high that one would need canned air.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
๐ŸUSA๐Ÿ
Well I'm sure there's an elevation that's high enough that it lacks most of the usual pollen producing flora of the lower regions but is also not so high that one would need canned air.
If we keep going up we can live in the Space Station! Then we only need oxygen. XD
I am unsure about it not having the pollen though. you pass out before you even pass the treeline, and the trees still produce allergens too. My sister cannot go anywhere near pine, juniper or most of the evergreens without sneezing her head off. HAHA!

My doctor is convinced I need to move somewhere it is always cold though, so that might actually work for me..

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
If we keep going up we can live in the Space Station! Then we only need oxygen. XD
I am unsure about it not having the pollen though. you pass out before you even pass the treeline, and the trees still produce allergens too. My sister cannot go anywhere near pine, juniper or most of the evergreens without sneezing her head off. HAHA!

My doctor is convinced I need to move somewhere it is always cold though, so that might actually work for me..
Well don't move out here then. You only have a 50/50 chance that it's cold at any point during the year.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
๐ŸUSA๐Ÿ
Well don't move out here then. You only have a 50/50 chance that it's cold at any point during the year.
I don't think I could live with myself if I moved to Missouri when I finally had an opportunity to leave RUN FOR MY LIFE from Texas. XD

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

I don't know if this makes Blade Runner one year early, or Blade Runner 2049 twenty-nine years late.

Reactions: Chimpzy

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
LOL Texas is also a terrible state for Asthma and breathing conditions in general. My physician keeps telling me to move so it doesn't kill me. She would be stuck in her room here to! HAHA!

Be all like , " Move here because being stuck in your room here is better than being stuck in your room there" XD
I had a childhood friend who was infected with Lyme disease by a tick on a school trip to a national park or something in her teens. From what I know, Lyme disease can affect you a few different ways, but from what I've been told for her it's practically destroyed her immune system, as if it was HIV. Her parents had to sell their house here and move to Arizona because she had mold growing in her brain from the air here.

It's one of the biggest personal injusticies I know of. She should be a world-class mathematician right now. Instead, she started tutoring for calculus this past year a few hours a week, and that's a great victory.

I guess I'm getting a little heavy here, but it's something, if I'm reminded of it and think about it, always gets me down. Some days I'm optimistic about God. Other days, I have some very particular and angry questions for Him.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
๐ŸUSA๐Ÿ
I had a childhood friend who was infected with Lyme disease by a tick on a school trip to a national park or something in her teens. From what I know, Lyme disease can affect you a few different ways, but from what I've been told for her it's practically destroyed her immune system, as if it was HIV. Her parents had to sell their house here and move to Arizona because she had mold growing in her brain from the air here.

It's one of the biggest personal injusticies I know of. She should be a world-class mathematician right now. Instead, she started tutoring for calculus this past year a few hours a week, and that's a great victory.

I guess I'm getting a little heavy here, but it's something, if I'm reminded of it and think about it, always gets me down. Some days I'm optimistic about God. Other days, I have some very particular and angry questions for Him.
Yea, Lyme disease can be devastating. That is a terrible thing to have happen to you friend. I hope she is keeping positive, I know it is hard to do sometimes, but that is what keeps me going, especially when things are the worst. I worry constantly about mold as well, I am VERY allergic. I had an allergic reaction to it bad enough to put me in the hospital when I was a kid, so now with my current condition, it pretty well terrifies me. It is one of the things I have to make sure I stay away from while trying to heal from my sinus surgery as well. If it gets in there I will not fare so well either.