I'm totally going to play this again... someday.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I procrastinated on finishing Morrowind for 10 years. But this year will be the one, surely.
I've put 65 hours in Morrowind twice now because I'll get really into it, get pulled away by life and then lose my save. Both times I had installed one of those massive patches that adds so much content I never get around to doing the main story. I've given up the ghost and I'm just waiting for it to get fully ported to the Skyrim engine. Its such a strange feeling to see that become so common. I never beat Diablo II and low and beyond in my life time it's already getting a remake. I keep wanting to play all the Icewind Dale games, but the remakes retained the same control scheme and what not so I'm kinda hoping someone will just remake them from the ground up.

andycyca

Jul 21, 2021
Country
Mx
I literally have a steam collection called "Come Back Later". I'm not gonna dump it all here... yet.

1. Ys Origin: I never beat the final boss and decided I was bored
  2. World of Goo: I can't really say anything bad about it, it's just not what I want these days. Is still very much a mobile game
  3. Wizard of Legend: I was only starting it when someone gifted me Slay the Spire, so...
  4. Wargroove: I should like this more, but got stumped in the main campaign just after release. Apparently it's much better now...

Reactions: Dalisclock

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I've put 65 hours in Morrowind twice now because I'll get really into it, get pulled away by life and then lose my save. Both times I had installed one of those massive patches that adds so much content I never get around to doing the main story. I've given up the ghost and I'm just waiting for it to get fully ported to the Skyrim engine. Its such a strange feeling to see that become so common. I never beat Diablo II and low and beyond in my life time it's already getting a remake. I keep wanting to play all the Icewind Dale games, but the remakes retained the same control scheme and what not so I'm kinda hoping someone will just remake them from the ground up.
I notice I have this issue with certain genres, more often than specific titles. Isometric RPGs, tend to fail at holding my interest long term. So things like Wasteland 3, the Shadowrun series of games published a few years ago, Tyranny (though I did finish that one), that style of game, I just....get bored with them. I don't know. I think it's a combination of a lot of text heavy content, lots of reading of entry logs, etc, long conversations with npcs, that lead to another long conversation with another npc, coupled with a combat system that is infrequent, and fairly detached for me emotionally. I'm literally floating over them as some outside observer, just drone controlling them.

Diablo I didn't have this issue, because it's real time combat, so I was more constantly engaged with each moment. I didn't have times where I'm sitting there, staring at the screen, as 10+ people on both sides of the conflict, are gently bobbing in place, waiting for me to make the next thing happen. The XCOM series, while having a combat system like this, was more fast paced, so I felt me engaged.

I dunno. It's weird. Because I generally like the types of games, or at least the kind of settings most often set in the isometric RPG style. I just...don't like that mechanic as a game design apparently.

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The two Styx games. I love me tricksy sneak-thief games, but for some reason I just keep putting the first game aside, and forgetting about it.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I notice I have this issue with certain genres, more often than specific titles. Isometric RPGs, tend to fail at holding my interest long term. So things like Wasteland 3, the Shadowrun series of games published a few years ago, Tyranny (though I did finish that one), that style of game, I just....get bored with them. I don't know. I think it's a combination of a lot of text heavy content, lots of reading of entry logs, etc, long conversations with npcs, that lead to another long conversation with another npc, coupled with a combat system that is infrequent, and fairly detached for me emotionally. I'm literally floating over them as some outside observer, just drone controlling them.

Diablo I didn't have this issue, because it's real time combat, so I was more constantly engaged with each moment. I didn't have times where I'm sitting there, staring at the screen, as 10+ people on both sides of the conflict, are gently bobbing in place, waiting for me to make the next thing happen. The XCOM series, while having a combat system like this, was more fast paced, so I felt me engaged.

I dunno. It's weird. Because I generally like the types of games, or at least the kind of settings most often set in the isometric RPG style. I just...don't like that mechanic as a game design apparently.
I tried Tyranny. Idk it just didn't grab me. I wanted to get into it, but I became disengaged within the first hour. I will give it another try at some point. I guess I'm at a place where if your game is going to have a lot of text, it hasd to be really compelling because otherwise I'd rather just read a book. I think the other key is pacing. It's really helpful if a game gets me moving early in a then layers in story and what not. If I have sit around for the first couple hours with my hand held telling me what the game is it just feels like a chore. JRPGs are the worst perpetrators of this. Non-Interactive cutscenes and in-game intros are a perfect recipe to put me off a game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Which reminds me, I've got to play T16 mini again.
I finally decided to do that earlier this week. Fun times. There are a couple of duds, and some games are unplayable, because everything is in Japanese on the PC Engine side. Gonna play more this weekend. The pricing on these things have gotten ridiculous though ($300+). Even the Sega Genesis Minis are only being sold at the $145+ now. I am so glad I got that on a sale.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I finally decided to do that earlier this week. Fun times. There are a couple of duds, and some games are unplayable, because everything is in Japanese on the PC Engine side. Gonna play more this weekend. The pricing on these things have gotten ridiculous though ($300+). Even the Sega Genesis Minis are only being sold at the $145+ now. I am so glad I got that on a sale.
I've got the nes, snes, genesis and neo geo mini, I wanted the T16 but I thought they would get cheaper like the rest, not go stupid.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've got the nes, snes, genesis and neo geo mini, I wanted the T16 but I thought they would get cheaper like the rest, not go stupid.
Genesis Mini I got used at a Disc Replay, and the Neo Geo Mini I got in a bundle with two controllers. Though the latter did have a sale at the time for the bundle. I don't have the NES and SNES Mini, nor do I have the desire to seek them out.

I just checked, and the Neo Geo Minis are cheaper than all of these now.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Genesis Mini I got used at a Disc Replay, and the Neo Geo Mini I got in a bundle with two controllers. Though the latter did have a sale at the time for the bundle. I don't have the NES and SNES Mini, nor do I have the desire to seek them out.

I just checked, and the Neo Geo Minis are cheaper than all of these now.
I grabbed the Genesis one new. I managed to find the NES mini at a bestbuy that is out of town, I think same with the snes mini. Yeah, its weird how cheap the Neo Geo mini is, I feel like they made too many of them since they assumed they would be going fast, I got mine for like $60. I thought the T16 would be similar, proved me wrong.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
After finishing Wolfenstein: TNO sometime soon I’ll be getting back to The Evil Within. Also probably finally finish F.E.A.R. after that, and The Witcher 3.

Reactions: BrawlMan