Im very happy that I brought Sekiro

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
For the past 5 months I brought a number of games and I wasn't too happy with them. Smash was fun but didn't have a lot of meat to it, I didn't care for Red Dead 2 or Kingdom Hearts and while Resident Evil 2 was fun I still think 7 is the better game. Sekiro meanwhile I'm very happy I purchased, it was hard sure but it was a different kind of hard compared to other Souls game where you need to pay attention to the enemies movement and try to play vertically and use gadgets sort of like Batman. I'm almost done with the game and this is probably my 3rd favorite souls-like game.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
I'm happy you're happy. No seriously,there is so much negativity in the game industry at the moment.

I am also very happy with my day one purchase of sekiro. It really is a well crafted game. Yes it is hard as nails,especially if you go in blind. It took me about 12 hours for the gameplay to "click" for me. Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed the first 12 hours, but it wasn't until the second boss that i "understood" the gameplay.

I currently have 75 hours into it and i am literally sitting at the final boss' door.

I will say though, at least got me, Sekiro is a very taxing game to play. Which isn't a bad thing, i actually have to focus and concentrate on what i am doing. I will say though, i may have made it harder on myself because i rarely use the shinobi prosthetic outside of rare instances (like fighting the apparition that throw terror at you).

From software deserves all the praise it get's for this game.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
I think most of us expected FROM to deliver a great game, but I?m personally more surprised that Activision came through by respecting and trusting them as a developer to make the game they wanted, and support it without any of the usual bs. They?ve gone up a notch in my book, as well as for many others I?d think.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Cool, Sekiro is easily my favorite FromSoft game because the combat system is actually good this time, though the controls are still antiquated.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
hanselthecaretaker said:
I think most of us expected FROM to deliver a great game, but I?m personally more surprised that Activision came through by respecting and trusting them as a developer to make the game they wanted, and support it without any of the usual bs. They?ve gone up a notch in my book, as well as for many others I?d think.
They probably tried, but I was always convinced that Miyazaki(both as creative director and president of Fromsoft) would never make those concessions to Activision that would violate the integrity of his games. Fromsoft don't have an international distribution network like they have for their domestic market so they're reliant on external partners, but I think that, and some tutorial stuff, is as far as cooperation goes. I kinda see it like a similar deal EA used to have with Squaresoft in the '90s. I believe they don't even have any of the rights(other than legal and publishing) compared to like Bamco has with Dark Souls series or Sony with Bloodborne. Sekiro really seems like an in-house product. Activision probably just figured a game like this looks good in their portfolio, espescially with this specific genre that has gotten more and more popular over the years.

Anyways totally agree the game is amazing!

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Good, I'm glad you like it. It looks good but I long ago learnt that these From Software games are not for me. I tried Demon's Souls and while I enjoyed what I played. I do not have the time these days to continually die and lose all my progress. Blood Bourne lasted about an hour before I quit that.

Nope, I shall keep to my casual open world and linear games that treat me like the scrub that I am.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
PapaGreg096 said:
For the past 5 months I brought a number of games and I wasn't too happy with them. Smash was fun but didn't have a lot of meat to it, I didn't care for Red Dead 2 or Kingdom Hearts and while Resident Evil 2 was fun I still think 7 is the better game. Sekiro meanwhile I'm very happy I purchased, it was hard sure but it was a different kind of hard compared to other Souls game where you need to pay attention to the enemies movement and try to play vertically and use gadgets sort of like Batman. I'm almost done with the game and this is probably my 3rd favorite souls-like game.
Good for you champ, glad you're enjoying it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Its a fine game, I personally still like Darksouls 3 better. If only because you can change up your play style. In Sekiro you play it like they want you too, unless you know the apparent shield attack exploit.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
PapaGreg096 said:
I just beat the game and I think the Rage Demon is harder than the final boss
I noped right out of that boss. It's as if someone on the development team was like "What if we put a Bloodborn type boss in Sekiro". Good thing he's optional. I am convinced that boss is a test for future boss designs for DLC,depending on how many people beat it.