I'm your mother and "I can do whatever I want" attitude

RathWolf

Apr 14, 2009
KaiRai said:
Freebird. said:
KaiRai said:
This guy everybody. Proving that rather than politely asking someone to move or stop doing something, you should just break stuff.

Yes, parents are annoying but jeez. You get to live in their house for free while you do what you want and they cook you meals. Yes there are bad parents but you and the OP seem to be overreacting since they just seem to be a bit annoying at the worst.
They only say "It's my house" when asked to move, and actually, I pay them rent. As well as cleaning up. Your horse is awfully high.
To be fair, your post did rather come off sounding like you were a spoiled teenager with a tendency for breaking others property when you get angry.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Marter said:
First off, you should be awake by 9AM. :p
9AM, i woke up a 11.30AM today andd am normally getting out of bed at 10AM at weekends,i may just have to start an am i the only one thread.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
A lot of you seem be missing the point. She could have just cleaned the other two she was already going to, before mine, and not woken me up. Why would you do this, when you could easily avoid the whole issue?

Option 1: Clean his bathroom, and then the other 2, waking him up
Option 2: Clean the other 2, then his, not waking him up

Why would you choose 1?

Blackality

Oct 18, 2009
I hate that "argument" when it actually disrepects me. In that case you should thank her for cleaning the shower instead of you.
I think that parents should have iron fist sometimes but reasonable enough to realize that not only the patiente of the parents have limits, but the patient of the kids also does.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I understand where you're coming from, but if you're really so tired you could always go to sleep again afterwards. Besides, at least she's doing work you don't have to do.

That response does annoy the hell out of me though. It's more of an "I'm older so I'm always right and you're always wrong" attitude though. I get that there is a higher chance that they're right, but you don't just write off my argument because I'm your kid.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
A lot of you seem be missing the point she could have just cleaned the other two she was already going to, before mine, and not woken me up. Why would you do this, when you could easily avoid the whole issue?

Why would you choose 2?
Maybe they didn't need cleaning? Maybe while throwing your little tantrum you didn't realize she already did clean the other two?

How about the common courtesy of thanking your mother for doing something you should be doing yourself while we're at it?

Apr 19, 2010
Jiraiya72 said:
Shpongled said:
Poor teenagers. Must be hard having someone else to do the housework for you.
Oh, get off your high horse. You have no idea how much of the work I do or don't have to do, this is about courtesy, not work.
So why not elaborate on the work you do, and the courtesy of your mother letting you have everything you do.

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
I have to clean my own bathroom. I should start a thread ranting about that. Hmmm....

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
RathWolf said:
KaiRai said:
Freebird. said:
KaiRai said:
This guy everybody. Proving that rather than politely asking someone to move or stop doing something, you should just break stuff.

Yes, parents are annoying but jeez. You get to live in their house for free while you do what you want and they cook you meals. Yes there are bad parents but you and the OP seem to be overreacting since they just seem to be a bit annoying at the worst.
They only say "It's my house" when asked to move, and actually, I pay them rent. As well as cleaning up. Your horse is awfully high.
To be fair, your post did rather come off sounding like you were a spoiled teenager with a tendency for breaking things.
I'm hardly a spoiled teenager. That would be my sister. As for me, my parents go out of their way to annoy me. To the point where I've started doing it back, in the hope they realise how annoying they are. Put it this way, the sis gets £5 a week pocket money, and I'm summoned every Tuesday, on the SECOND I step through the door for rent money, like they're a pair of loansharks or something.

Yeah, I think I'm well within my right to be peeved at them.
Freebird. said:
KaiRai said:
Freebird. said:
KaiRai said:
snip
Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that you pay rent. In that case, fine. Take temper tantrums, throw stuff at them and break their property. It's perfectly ok.
You're damn right it's fine. I'm glad we agree on this.

Duskwaith

Sep 20, 2008
My mum snores so loud i can hear her over my ipod but its my fault for blaming her.

Parents really dont get the whole respect thing. You want my respect? How about not being a douche bag

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
KSarty said:
Jiraiya72 said:
A lot of you seem be missing the point she could have just cleaned the other two she was already going to, before mine, and not woken me up. Why would you do this, when you could easily avoid the whole issue?

Why would you choose 2?
Maybe they didn't need cleaning? Maybe while throwing your little tantrum you didn't realize she already did clean the other two?

How about the common courtesy of thanking your mother for doing something you should be doing yourself while we're at it?
I asked. They needed cleaning. She did not already clean them.

RathWolf

Apr 14, 2009
KaiRai said:
RathWolf said:
KaiRai said:
Freebird. said:
KaiRai said:

To be fair, your post did rather come off sounding like you were a spoiled teenager with a tendency for breaking things.
I'm hardly a spoiled teenager. That would be my sister. As for me, my parents go out of their way to annoy me. To the point where I've started doing it back, in the hope they realise how annoying they are. Put it this way, the sis gets £5 a week pocket money, and I'm summoned every Tuesday, on the SECOND I step through the door for rent money, like they're a pair of loansharks or something.
I wasn't saying you were a spoiled teenager, I was just pointing out that your first post came off sounding like you were one. Thus why Freebird might assume you were living there for free.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
KSarty said:
Jiraiya72 said:

Why would you choose 2?

I asked. They needed cleaning. She did not already clean them.
Well then tell her you will clean it yourself from now on, and then actually do it. Thats the only way I can see out of this incredibly difficult situation you are in.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:

Why would you choose 1?
Because its 9 fucking am and if she wants to clean it first, then so be it.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Freebird. said:
KaiRai said:

Yeah, I think I'm well within my right to be peeved at them.
I'd disagree. Asking for rent upfront is completely normal. You'll probably be paying much more rent when you move out, so consider it as preparing you. As for them intentionally annoying you, I don't see it. Are you really saying that the stand in front of the TV just to bug you? Even if they do, violence doesn't seem necessary.

You're damn right it's fine. I'm glad we agree on this.
Oh well, at least you have a sense of humour about it.
Yes, they do it on purpose.
I'm moving out at the end of the month anyway. They can suck it.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
My mum was no different. She had the same "I'm the parent, I can do w/e I want" attitude. She would always think only of HER happiness and HER money and HER house and HER problems but never took in consideration the fact that she actually had a son and all at the same time demonizing my father as some sort of drunk moron who didn't succeed in life and considering herself to be the best mum the world could offer, forgetting the fact that she was absent in my life since I was 2 fucking years old and only made a "grand" re-entrance at the age of 12. Ironically, he actually DID succeed in life way better than she ever could.

I hate her. I hate her with every fiber of my being. I hated when people asked me to respect her for the fact that she's "my mum" and that "you only have one mum". Respect isn't given, it's earned. I don't care if it's my mother or my father or my fucking hamster. They all have to earn my respect. My father did so through years of putting my problems in front of his. I have never seen someone do this in my entire life. I was not used with people giving a fuck about my well being.

Your mum is a *****. There is no reason why she couldn't have started with the other bathrooms but hell, that's not even why I'm calling her a *****. The reason being is her attitude. "I can do w/e I want because I'm the mother and this is my house". You don't talk like that, especially when you have a child with whom you have to share your house with.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Vodka Dude said:
Disrespectful kid, with a foul mouth, self centered attitude, that doesn't realize they are spoiled, do make some interesting threads!

Thanks for the entertainment. You aren't serious tho right? This is a joke thread?

Oh, I can see by the other responses this must be a joke.

Yeah guy, I totally agree, I don't clean things I should be responsible for either, and it pisses me off to no end when my Mommy does it for me. Who the hell does she think she is?!

Paying rent is ridiculous too, just cause they paid for me to live for 15 or so years doesn't mean I should chip in at all.

I'm going to go out of my to make trouble for them, then they will see how horrible I have it. Sheesh, the biggest problem is that the joining bathroom in my room is the smallest too! What the fuck is up with that!

I'm in the right because I don't like what they say!
Get off your high horse. "I think I am so much better than him, Haha!" "Let me run my mouth about how much better I am, so he can know too!" "I'm right because I make stupidly sarcastic posts while adding nothing to the conversation." "I'm right because I say I am."