I'm your mother and "I can do whatever I want" attitude

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Hey, at least she's cleaning your bathroom for you. And it's 9 AM, maybe she assumed you were awake and just got pissed because she was doing something for you and you were being ungrateful? My mother throws everything down and goes, "Don't like it? Do it yourself!"

Although generally my parents listen to my opinion and don't do anything to piss me off. They certainly don't pull the 'I can do anything I want because I own this house and you are my daughter' thing on me. They're a bit scared of me, if I'm honest.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
What the hell is up with everyone today, sure his parents have the right to do what they want but they should return some respect where it's due.

I'd never intentionally wake someone up just to use the argument "I can do whatever i want", that's just rude. She could have begun cleaning elsewhere first or woken him up politely before hand rather than just barging in and making a racket. She could have left it and asked him to clean it too.

Also people have different schedules, don't assume 9AM is early just because it is for you. What if he's working on a night shift or something :/

You guys just seem like you're making assumptions just to put other people down.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
Dexiro said:
What the hell is up with everyone today, sure his parents have the right to do what they want but they should return some respect where it's due.

I'd never intentionally wake someone up just to use the argument "I can do whatever i want", that's just rude. She could have begun cleaning elsewhere first or woken him up politely before hand rather than just barging in and making a racket.

People have different schedules too, don't assume 9AM is early just because it is for you. What if he's working on a night shift or something :/

You guys just seem like you're making assumptions just to put other people down.
He's being ungrateful and trying to make it look like he is in the right here. You make it sound as if she smashed down his door and started playing electric guitar just to wake him up. She was cleaning his bathroom and he got all pissy, my mother would have smacked me in the face for yelling at her for something like that.

I started paying rent at the age of 14 in a house with only 1 bathroom. I bought my own car at 16 and had to pay for my own insurance since my parents wouldn't put me on theirs. By the time I moved out I was paying $600/month in rent to my parents. I now wake up at 5am 6 days a week to go to work and I still have to clean my own bathroom when I get home.

Read that and then try telling me "My mom woke me up at 9am while cleaning my bathroom" doesn't sound spoiled.

hyperhammy

Jan 4, 2010
Honestly she was doing you a favor by cleaning YOUR shower. You should really thanks her. 9am isn't that bad.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Just thought I'd toss in, I pay for EVERYTHING. All my expenses, everything, I pay for. I shouldn't have to tell anyone this just so they think I deserve courtesy, but being the judgmental bunch many of you are, I don't have much of a choice. I also work mostly night shifts. Also, my parents get money. So there you have it.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
You disgust me to the point where I cannot make a proper argument, so I'm just going to say Get off your cross use that wood to build a bridge, and get over it

Shpongled

Apr 21, 2010
Dexiro said:

I'd never intentionally wake someone up just to use the argument "I can do whatever i want", that's just rude. She could have begun cleaning elsewhere first or woken him up politely before hand rather than just barging in and making a racket.

People have different schedules too, don't assume 9AM is early just because it is for you. What if he's working on a night shift or something :/

Maybe it's just the fact that we find it ridiculous that people are actually complaining about someone cleaning their house? In my teens I'd have reacted in the same way as OP. When you get older you realise there's always someone above you who's going to annoy you at times, whether you respect them or not, and there's nothing you can do about it. I realise this sounds condescending, but life isn't about respect and courtesy and flowers and bunnies, just grit your teeth and get on with it.

Just be thankful shes cleaning your bathroom at 9am, rather than making you work an 8 hour shift starting at 5am.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Oh dear, you had to wake up at 9am one time. Is your silver spoon showing a spot there? If you were my kid you'd clean your own damn bathroom at four in the morning. With a toothbrush, boot-camp style. And yes, I'd wake your ass up with a bucket of water to the face. Every morning, crack of dawn.

Man, back in my day, we woke up at 5am in the damn snow, rain, hale, and everything else to milk the cows. THEN we got ready for grade school. A house with 3 bathrooms, and your room has its own? Your life couldn't get any easier if she spoon-fed you.

The only disrespect shown here is your own.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Shpongled said:
Just be thankful shes cleaning your bathroom at 9am, rather than making you work an 8 hour shift starting at 5am.
Oh you mean opposed to working from 9pm to 5am, like I do sometimes? And I'm the spoiled one, from what I've read most of you seem to be the judgmental spoiled ones.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
I call bullshit on the night shift part. You didn't bring it up until someone else mentioned it. You definitely would have mentioned it in your OP if you really did work until 5am.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
KSarty said:
I call bullshit on the night shift part. You didn't bring it up until someone else mentioned it. You definitely would have mentioned it in your OP if you really did work until 5am.
No, I wouldn't. Because I assumed you would believe everyone deserves courtesy, but apparently everyone fucking doesn't because they aren't walking 15 miles uphill in the snow.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
You keep drip-feeding information to make your case look better, and I don't believe it one bit. Enjoy your sob story, I'm done with this.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
ITT: Lots and lots of flaming/ad hominem attacks.

This is basically why I never, ever talk IRL these days.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
KSarty said:
He's being ungrateful and trying to make it look like he is in the right here. You make it sound as if she smashed down his door and started playing electric guitar just to wake him up. She was cleaning his bathroom and he got all pissy, my mother would have smacked me in the face for yelling at her for something like that.

I started paying rent at the age of 14 in a house with only 1 bathroom. I bought my own car at 16 and had to pay for my own insurance since my parents wouldn't put me on theirs. By the time I moved out I was paying $600/month in rent to my parents. I now wake up at 5am 6 days a week to go to work and I still have to clean my own bathroom when I get home.

Read that and then try telling me "My mom woke me up at 9am while cleaning my bathroom" doesn't sound spoiled.
Eh good point. I think it's unreasonable that his parents woke him up necessarily but it still pales to what other people put up with.

I wouldn't have complained either personally so it seems like an overreaction.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Wow, your complaining about your mom cleaning up after you, poor boy. I have to clean my own shower. Also it might be your room, but she owns your room. You are there because she allows you there. You are the same as a pet who has 'claimed' a corner of the house. You think you own it, but when the master comes in and tells you to move, you move.

If your mother was drunk and pissing in the sink then you have grounds to complain, otherwise show some respect to your mum.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Get a lock for the door of your room and use it until she gets the point. Problem solved.

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
Wow, whining about your mother cleaning up after you. Must be hard.

And she can do what she wants. Because she's your mother. That's the way it is.