I'm your mother and "I can do whatever I want" attitude

saxist01

Jun 4, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
saxist01 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Edit: @Everyone. Stop assuming I do no work and I'm a lazy "teenager". You have no idea if I pay rent to stay over here or how much work I actually do, This whole issue is about common courtesy, not how much work I do or do not do.
Doesn't matter if we know you or not, or if you do any work around the house. You're acting like a little ***** to your mother and you should be thanking her for doing the (apparently thankless) task of keeping your ass outta of a garbage pile.
If you had bothered to read instead of looking down from your skyscraping high horse, you'd have seen I pay for my own stuff.
Yeah, I read it. That changes things . . . not at all. You do not deserve any respect, because you have shown none. In time, I hope you'll appreciate the crap (literally) your mother had to deal with.

Ertol

Jul 8, 2010
Oh no 9 am...thats oversleeping for me, on any day. They are your parents, so they are allowed to do what they want. My parent's are really annoying as well, but they are my parents so what else should I expect. Half the job is to embaress me, the other half is to make me waffles.

arcade109

Jul 7, 2010
I've had similar experiences. My dad sometimes decides to call me at FIVE in the FUCKIN MORNING and then will act genuinely suprised that I was asleep or that I am a bit annoyed by this protrusion into my roughly eight hours of alone time where I can forget that college starts in a month and all my friends have already fucking left town. But I will stop here as I know I will continue to rant.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
saxist01 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
saxist01 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Edit: @Everyone. Stop assuming I do no work and I'm a lazy "teenager". You have no idea if I pay rent to stay over here or how much work I actually do, This whole issue is about common courtesy, not how much work I do or do not do.
Doesn't matter if we know you or not, or if you do any work around the house. You're acting like a little ***** to your mother and you should be thanking her for doing the (apparently thankless) task of keeping your ass outta of a garbage pile.
If you had bothered to read instead of looking down from your skyscraping high horse, you'd have seen I pay for my own stuff.
Yeah, I read it. That changes things . . . not at all. You do not deserve any respect, because you have shown none. In time, I hope you'll appreciate the crap (literally) your mother had to deal with.
In time, I hope you realize how wrong you are. I deserve no respect? You deserve less than none. What a shallow minded individual, for you cannot even see the other side of the argument. Like most here, actually.

Kailat777

Oct 28, 2008
chozo_hybrid said:
It's called life, these things happen. 9am is a pretty decent time, heck that's one hell of a sleep in for me in general since I'm usually up at 5am to leave for work.

Sure, it may be annoying, but I pay rent in a flat and have three other people living here. They've woken me with similar stuff on my days off, but they didn't do it with the purpose of waking me, so there was no point getting mad. Besides, it's your mother, she raised you. I wonder what you said to her that got that reaction, if you were calm and asked nicely what she was doing sh may have apologized for waking you up.
I've brought this up and been ignored before about it.

Jiraiya72 said:
When I woke up this morning, my first thought was "Who the fuck is in my shower at 9 am, and why is someone in my shower period". I open the door and thank my mother for waking me up and she gives me her typical "I can do whatever the hell I want because It's my house and I'm your mother". In addition, her tone was that 'how dare I question her'. Yes, no shit you can do whatever you want.
That's what brought about this whole problem. I've also suggested calmly talking to her about it and/or apologizing for the attitude earlier, but apparently that idea is ridiculous. The 'courtesy' and 'respect' that the topic creator demands is only supposed to go one way.

On a related note, you can easily figure out the age of a person by the comments they leave here.