Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
tony2077 said:
i was hoping for a girl voiced by the same va as femshep but this sound good enough
Great idea! A female assassins would be fun to play. At least it would be DIFFERENT!
This new guys looks like another Ezio.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
AFK. Beating AC 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. Even though I bought the encyclopedia and could just read everything.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
I can't be the only one who thinks this a bad idea.

There's no tall buildings, boring architecture, no real good conspiracy theories...

What happened to the Russian revolution, Victorian England, or the fall of the aztec empire?

All of those have intresting and varied landscapes, tall structures, interesting architecture, and tons of things to tie in...

Rausputin, Jack the ripper, the whole end of the world thingwhichwasthemayansbutitwouldstillwork...

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
superdelux said:

It appears that the next game in the series will take place during the American revolution and will star a Native American ancestor this time around.
This doesn't look official. YES, the games details were announced today but I found a different picture. It seems more like a fans version of the character BASED on the Box Art.

Also, the box art: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/01/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-iiis-setting-and-hero-reveals-box-art/

EDIT: I'm wrong, this is also official. Sorry guys, I actually thought it was fanart.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
NinjaDeathSlap said:
The Madman said:
Eug, of all the amazing times they could have gone with over the course of history, all the little known time periods with huge story potential they went with the *that*. Another opportunity to go all 'AMERICA YEAH!' and so on...

Ah I'm probably being unfair and it's not like I was a big fan of the series to begin with anyway. Still I can't help but think there are so many other setting which could have been so much more interesting.
Well, considering the guy's going to be a native American, the perspective is probably going to be more along the lines of watching 2 different sides tear the country to pieces with neither realising that it wasn't even their country to fuck up in the first place, not exactly what I'd call "AMERICA YEAH!"
I'm fairly certain the vast majority of native Americans sided with the British in the revolutionary war and in other conflicts besides (ie; against the Spanish), considering the colonists as a direct threat to their well-being. Odd that the AC3 artwork places a native cutting up redcoats.

I'm sure some mega-history buffs can confirm/deny this.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
undeadsuitor said:
I'm interest to see how Assassins operate in a world of guns and projectile weaponry.
Are you implying that bladed weapons aren't the best options available for assassination today?

BakaSmurf said:
Being one of the few people that's going to genuinely miss Ezio kind of irks me though... Really, what is it everyone has against him?
You mean a character part of a cliche "italian revenge" plot that skipped several years and whose progression was so predictable you could calculate it trough an equation?

Won't be missed.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Isn't Ubisoft's big AC3 announcement coming up in like 4 days? I'd rather not get my hopes up on that awesome pic until I hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
To all the people saying Ubisoft is pandering to the "America, Fuck Yeah!" crowd, I'd like to point out this is a Native American Assassin.

Let that sink in for a few.

Okay, is it there yet? The Americans are likely going to be bad guys since we've seen a picture of George Washington holding an Apple of Eden, thus hinting that he's likely a Templar.

Now let that one sink in for a bit.

Also, the "sick and tired of games set in America during this era" argument. You mean like Empire: Total War which had a small "Main Campaign" that acted as a tutorial? Because beyond that I can't think of any other game I've ever played in this setting.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Radoh said:
To all the people saying Ubisoft is pandering to the "America, Fuck Yeah!" crowd, I'd like to point out this is a Native American Assassin.

Okay, is it there yet? The Americans are likely going to be bad guys since we've seen a picture of George Washington holding an Apple of Eden, thus hinting that he's likely a Templar.

Also, the "sick and tired of games set in America during this era" argument. You mean like Empire: Total War which had a small "Main Campaign" that acted as a tutorial? Because beyond that I can't think of any other game I've ever played in this setting.
This.

I'm just happy they're not falling into the "yet another WW2 game" trap. In fact, after AC3, I hope we skip straight to the future so that Desmond can get some real shit done.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Zydrate said:
Radoh said:

This.

I'm just happy they're not falling into the "yet another WW2 game" trap. In fact, after AC3, I hope we skip straight to the future so that Desmond can get some real shit done.
Ah, I see you sporting that avatar so proudly.

But that's the thing that confuses me the most though, it's been said several times that since the pivotal time of the AC series is on 12/21/2012 and since that I heard quite a few things about this before suggesting that the release was going to be 12/21/2012 that it was implied AC:III was supposed to be about Desmond.

That's what has me worried about this more than anything else, it's that Desmond is going to be playing the pivotal role but is still taking a back seat to some other ancestor.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Didn't previous games hint that America is just one giant templar breeding ground cuz of corporations selling toothpaste or something? So don't worry Brits I'm sure it'll only focus a little on that war you loss.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
This will be the second Native American main playable character I know of. The first is Tommy from Prey.
OT: RADICOOL! I'm throwing my money at Ubisoft.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
oh my g
Plinglebob said:
While it being set in the American Revolution isn't any sort of a shock, the idea of using a Native American feels slightly forced and I'm not looking foward to how bad they make the Brits out to be *cough*The Patriot*cough*. Also, as someone who loved the earlier games for the architecture, I feel there could have been a lot more to be gained from 17th Century Paris during the revolution or 18th Centry London during the industrial revolution.

Edit:
Chainsaws_of_War_2 said:
Good lord Ubisoft, you're almost becoming as bad Activision with these games. Who wants to buy a new Assassin's Creed every year?
*Raises Hand*
*also raises hand*

JordanJefferson

Aug 7, 2010
Guys, this is rediculous. This is keeping in line with AC visiting crucial moments in history and like it or not, the American Revolution was one of those moments, just as much so as the French Revolution, especially when the French Revolution wouldn't have happened had King Louis XVI not bankrupted France by committing so many Francs and troops to the American cause. The American Revolution was the first time that European colonies rebelled successfully against its masters, it proved that the European Empires could be opposed with success. And by the way, both the colonists and the British had Native American allies. And as it's been pointed out, there were big cities: New York, Boston, Baltimore, Maryland, Pennsylvania etc. The Thirteen Colonies were the territorial and population bulk of the British Empire then, of course it was that developed with proper urban cities that could serve a roof-hopping Assassin.

As for anyone saying that it should've been feudal Japan, like the Warring States era for example, that would've required UbiSoft to go backward as the Warring States era was from 1467 to 1573. And the Boshin War in 1868 would be a much more poignant time to visit. The Boshin War spelled the end of 235 years of isolation from the West, 264 years of rule by the Tokugawa family and 675 years of the de facto feudal military dictatorship of the Shoguns and the end of its choking repression. Back then everyone, even the Samurai, where severely restricted in the their activities and even their behavior. The war meant the return to power of the Emperor as the rightful ruler of Japan, the end of the ancient ways, and the modernisation of Japan. That's more in line with Assassin's Creed's themes of freedom, oppression, free thought, the relationship between the powerful and the people they rule and the very nature of Human civilisation.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Radoh said:
Zydrate said:
Radoh said:

This.

Ah, I see you sporting that avatar so proudly.

But that's the thing that confuses me the most though, it's been said several times that since the pivotal time of the AC series is on 12/21/2012 and since that I heard quite a few things about this before suggesting that the release was going to be 12/21/2012 that it was implied AC:III was supposed to be about Desmond.

That's what has me worried about this more than anything else, it's that Desmond is going to be playing the pivotal role but is still taking a back seat to some other ancestor.
Which is why they need to change this shit up.

Here's what I hope:
AC3.
AC-Desmond.
AC-FEMALE. With new plots and shit.

I mean really. I gathered up a whole harem-like sisterhood which was pretty cool watching four hot chicks gang up on a platoon of guards but I want to BE ONE OF THEM.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Zydrate said:
Which is why they need to change this shit up.

Here's what I hope:
AC3.
AC-Desmond.
AC-FEMALE. With new plots and shit.

I mean really. I gathered up a whole harem-like sisterhood which was pretty cool watching four hot chicks gang up on a platoon of guards but I want to BE ONE OF THEM.
I know how you feel, but to add to it, what I want is a female assassin played as a male in the Animus.
When AC:II happened and at the very beginning Desmond was playing as a baby, that was unusually fun for me, seeing how he reacted etc.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
BlackStar42 said:
I hope they don't just make all the Templars British, that would be WAY too obvious. It'd be good if they made the Founding Fathers Templars just as a mind fuck.
Corporal Yakob said:
Cool!!!!!!

So lets our place our bets on which of the Founding Fathers were secretly Templar bastards: I bet we will have to fight George Washington!
Oh, that would be good!
I agree with this. FUCK YOU WASHINGTON AND YOUR PENIS MONUMENT!

This'll give me a reason to buy something about this series, even if it sucks, this would just be awesome to look at.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
Everyone should remember that Ubisoft stated that this game will be the end of Desmond's story and after this one there going to take more time to make future installments.

Personally I think they should ditch the modern day aspect of the series after this one and focus on individual stories of different Assassins.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
superdelux said:
Everyone should remember that Ubisoft stated that this game will be the end of Desmond's story and after this one there going to take more time to make future installments.
Then they better fucking well do something with future Desmond.