Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Goddamn it, I wanted Egypt. Or the French Revolution.

If this isn't fake, my interest in this game has plummeted. I want some variety, not another game focusing on America.

Disclaimer: To counteract the inevitable member bitching at me for being anti-American, I'm not. I'm just sick of games set in and focusing on America. They could go to any point in history, really, and they chose America. As I feared.

CityofTreez

Sep 2, 2011
Bernzz said:

If this isn't fake, my interest in this game has plummeted. I want some variety, not another game focusing on America.

Disclaimer: To counteract the inevitable member bitching at me for being anti-American, I'm not. I'm just sick of games set in and focusing on America. They could go to any point in history, really, and they chose America. As I feared.
I agree with this.

They could have gone to any period in history or country and they choose "that". The most obvious one.

TimothyJames

Jan 22, 2012
My concern is how they will keep the feel of the series if they based it around Desmond in his modern context. I would be more than a bit skeptical of Desmond running around with hidden blades in what is set as the near future. Ezio dealing with guns was at least somewhat believable, but in a realistic scenario, Desmond would be against automatic weapons and the like. I don't see the setup of the previous games holding up in that case.

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
Bernzz said:

It's not our fault companies see the U.S. as the largest consumer base. Besides this era in history is hardly ever visited in games.
And if it's about the American revolution it's technically about England and then the U.S. So you can go ahead and quit your bitching now.

YOU SAID YOURSELF IT WAS INEVITABLE!!!

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
mik1 said:
Bernzz said:
*le-snip*
It's not our fault companies see the U.S. as the largest consumer base. Besides this era in history is hardly ever visited in games.
And if it's about the American revolution it's technically about England and then the U.S. So you can go ahead and quit your bitching now.

I did indeed say it was inevitable, my good sir.

But I shall continue to *****, because my main problem with it remains: I'm simply over games set in America.

I know this era in history is hardly ever visited, but I haven't seen much of a focus on the French Revolution either. It's the America part I take issue with, not the event of the American Revolution itself.

America just doesn't interest me anymore, as it's oversaturated in gaming. The French Revolution would be something different, for me at least.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Also, I'm part French.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Cool!!!!!!

So lets our place our bets on which of the Founding Fathers were secretly Templar bastards: I bet we will have to fight George Washington!

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
I refuse to believe this until Ubisoft confirms it. I just can't see the 2012 plotline coming to a satisfying conclusion unless I'm in control of Desmond for the majority of the game, and that conclusion is CLEARLY where the series is headed based on the ending of Revelations.

I agree that it would be cool to see an assassin during the Revolutionary War, but it should be saved for a side story or spinoff. Give Desmond a chance to finally kick some ass.

PimpHandofGod

Mar 21, 2010
I remain unconvinced til I hear it from the horses mouth. "Best Buy employee said so" is not what I would call a reliable source.

Chainsaws_of_War_2

Jan 15, 2009
Good lord Ubisoft, you're almost becoming as bad Activision with these games. Who wants to buy a new Assassin's Creed every year?

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
I hope they don't just make all the Templars British, that would be WAY too obvious. It'd be good if they made the Founding Fathers Templars just as a mind fuck.
Corporal Yakob said:
Cool!!!!!!

So lets our place our bets on which of the Founding Fathers were secretly Templar bastards: I bet we will have to fight George Washington!
Oh, that would be good!

Zayle79

Oct 6, 2011
Bernzz said:
mik1 said:
Bernzz said:
*le-snip*

But I shall continue to *****, because my main problem with it remains: I'm simply over games set in America.

I know this era in history is hardly ever visited, but I haven't seen much of a focus on the French Revolution either. It's the America part I take issue with, not the event of the American Revolution itself.

America just doesn't interest me anymore, as it's oversaturated in gaming. The French Revolution would be something different, for me at least.

Why? I don't see how a game set in colonial US would be similar at all to the huge number of them set in present-say US. There aren't really any common links in terms of tone, story, and gameplay.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
I really wanted Feudal Japan and new (not Desmond) modern day person in the Animus.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
I hope this is real, as that outfit is quite badass in my humble opinion, the tomahawk is a nice touch too.

Being one of the few people that's going to genuinely miss Ezio kind of irks me though... Really, what is it everyone has against him?

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
While it being set in the American Revolution isn't any sort of a shock, the idea of using a Native American feels slightly forced and I'm not looking foward to how bad they make the Brits out to be *cough*The Patriot*cough*. Also, as someone who loved the earlier games for the architecture, I feel there could have been a lot more to be gained from 17th Century Paris during the revolution or 18th Centry London during the industrial revolution.

Edit:
Chainsaws_of_War_2 said:
Good lord Ubisoft, you're almost becoming as bad Activision with these games. Who wants to buy a new Assassin's Creed every year?
*Raises Hand*

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
Bernzz said:
mik1 said:
Bernzz said:
*le-snip*
*le snippety*

I doubt ubisoft will miss the chance to throw in a few french major characters due to their involvement in the war.

However.

The French revolution would have been a much better choice. That was a war fought by the people to take down a tyrannical government that was ruling irresponsibly (helping the americans fight a war lol). Perfect for the assassins. Also it's ubisoft, being a French company I'm very surprised they haven't jumped on this idea yet.
Unfortunately, in American schools they teach the American revolution like 3 times and you have to take AP European history to even learn anything about the French revolution.
I'm still very excited for this game regardless.

And there's still hope. Both these revolutions were tied together so there's a chance we could see the french revolution featured in assassins creed III brotherhood/ revelations

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
superdelux said:
Kingme18 said:
Aaaaannndddd this game just became a must buy for me!
Agreed, its the Tomahawk that sealed the deal for me. I bet they will replace the throwing knives.
And he will definitely not stand out in this outfit... Although that would probably be true for most time periods ^^

May 28, 2009
Bernzz said:

Oh yeah, I forgot how often the American Revolution is looked at. I'm just drowning in games based in that time period.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
mik1 said:
Bernzz said:
mik1 said:
Bernzz said:
*le-snip*
*le snippety*
*le-snippety-doo*
I doubt ubisoft will miss the chance to throw in a few french major characters due to their involvement in the war.

However.

The French revolution would have been a much better choice. That was a war fought by the people to take down a tyrannical government that was ruling irresponsibly (helping the americans fight a war lol). Perfect for the assassins. Also it's ubisoft, being a French company I'm very surprised they haven't jumped on this idea yet.
Unfortunately, in American schools they teach the American revolution like 3 times and you have to take AP European history to even learn anything about the French revolution.
I'm still very excited for this game regardless.

And there's still hope. Both these revolutions were tied together so there's a chance we could see the french revolution featured in assassins creed III brotherhood/ revelations
For your last point, I hope so. I'll still probably end up getting this game, unless it's another copy-pasted renovating TV show disguised as a game about assassins. Also, multiple cities like ACII would be good.

I'd like to believe that the development time they've had will let them produce a game of ACII's calibre, but part of me expects another half-assed Brotherhood/Revelations clone.

But I'm a pessimist.