Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
I'm interest to see how Assassins operate in a world of guns and projectile weaponry.
I imagine it will be like Rocksteady's Batman games, where you're encouraged to pick them off subtly and without taking the risk of getting shot to bits. Which I'm very much looking forward to from an Assassin's Creed game.

OT: Pretty damn excited, I like the Native Americans. I may need to play Brotherhood and Revelations quickly, but count me back into being interested in the series.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
mik1 said:
Unfortunately, in American schools they teach the American revolution like 3 times and you have to take AP European history to even learn anything about the French revolution.
Really? I learned about it in the 9th grade. Although it was a world history class and the teacher could teach what ever he wanted.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Janus Vesta said:
Can we have a source on this? I'm not really doubting you but I've seen plenty of high quality fan art for Assassin's Creed in the American and French revolutions.
I saw it on IGN who got the story from Kotaku who claim that it was given to them by an employee at Best Buy who got it from Best Buys internal employee news. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html

So there is pretty good chance that this is real but until Monday when Ubisoft is going to make a major announcement about AC we don't really know for a 100%.

Edit: Also this: http://kotaku.com/5889536/game-informer-accidentally-leaks-another-assassins-creed-iii-image

Also it looks like the main character might be Native American. Which if true would be SWEET. I can't think of a game where a Native American was the protagonist. About time we got some recognition.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
A few months ago, when the series still held my love, I'd be all over this. Now? Now I can barely muster a meh. Revelations destroyed my enthusiasm for the series. Oh, I'll get it, and I'll still play it, but I'm not gonna preorder. Not gonna drop full price on this game hot off the shelves, might wait until it's down to at least half that, maybe even longer. Brotherhood was amazing. Revelations shot itself in the face it blundered too hard.

Jan 13, 2012
Wow this has actually renewed my faith in assassins creed, if it turns out to be accurate. I actually predicted the American Revolution. It's actually a pretty interesting time period that isnt explored that much in games. I might actually pick up revelations, if its true.

Terminally Chill

Jun 21, 2011
I really don't dig that character design if it's for real, but I've been hoping ever since I finished AC2 that the third game would be set during the American Revolution and star a Native American character, so this is pretty damn cool if true. Maybe enough to get me back into the series, as long as there isn't a sniff of Ezio in it. I just hope they handle having a Native main character well, and don't fall into cliches.

If it's real, I'm guessing the character would be Iroquois because the revolution was an extremely hectic time for their confederacy, causing civil war within the tribes (some sided with the British, some sided with the Americans).

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
Eddie the head said:
mik1 said:
Unfortunately, in American schools they teach the American revolution like 3 times and you have to take AP European history to even learn anything about the French revolution.
Really? I learned about it in the 9th grade. Although it was a world history class and the teacher could teach what ever he wanted.
Be more descriptive when you use the word "it"
A simpleton might think you're arguing the point on how many times you learned about the American Revolution. That argument being you only learned about it once rather than three times.
In which case the simpleton would respond "my point remains valid"

Upon re-reading the simpleton realizes what you were arguing about something else.

My response:
You said yourself the teacher was teaching whatever he wanted. And a lot of world history teachers may not do that.
Also, world history was a non-required social studies elective at my school. You could easily say that not even 40% of the children know anything about it.
THE SIMPLETONS POINT REMAINS VALID STILL!

ablac

Aug 4, 2009
How could the ancestor be a native american. Th bloodline runs from the middle east to italia making it impossible to include a native american. I really had my heart set on victorian london because I was interested more in that and im not sure how you could have the extremely tall buildings in colonial america but i supose we can only wait and see.

ablac

Aug 4, 2009
CrazyBlaze said:
Janus Vesta said:
Can we have a source on this? I'm not really doubting you but I've seen plenty of high quality fan art for Assassin's Creed in the American and French revolutions.
I saw it on IGN who got the story from Kotaku who claim that it was given to them by an employee at Best Buy who got it from Best Buys internal employee news. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html

So there is pretty good chance that this is real but until Monday when Ubisoft is going to make a major announcement about AC we don't really know for a 100%.

Edit: Also this: http://kotaku.com/5889536/game-informer-accidentally-leaks-another-assassins-creed-iii-image

Also it looks like the main character might be Native American. Which if true would be SWEET. I can't think of a game where a Native American was the protagonist. About time we got some recognition.
Prey had one and so did Turok I think but those are the only two I can think of. I still cant understand how a Native american fits in the bloodline.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
mik1 said:
Eddie the head said:
mik1 said:
A simpleton might think you're arguing the point on how many times you learned about the American Revolution. That argument being you only learned about it once rather than three times.

Upon re-reading the simpleton realizes what you were arguing about something else.

My response:
You said yourself the teacher was teaching whatever he wanted. And a lot of world history teachers may not do that.
Also, world history was a non-required social studies elective at my school. You could easily say that not even 40% of the children know anything about it.
A bit of an overreaction. I wasn't debating I was stating. I honestly don't see why you needed to reply at all. As a reply I guess yeah that's what I said. . . . . . . Not much more too it. Ok I guess that's done.

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
Eddie the head said:
mik1 said:
Eddie the head said:
mik1 said:

My response:
A bit of an overreaction. I wasn't debating I was stating. I honestly don't see why you needed to reply at all. As a reply I guess yeah that's what I said. . . . . . . Not much more too it. Ok I guess that's done.
I was correcting you in your confusing use of the word it. I got a happy feeling knowing an actual person was going to read it so I went to fucking town.
Since you decided to actually debate me on something I'll continue to talk. THANK YOU!

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
mik1 said:
I was correcting you in your confusing use of the word it. I got a happy feeling knowing an actual person was going to read it so I went to fucking town.
Since you decided to actually debate me on something I'll continue to talk. THANK YOU!
I suppose I do get a little scatterbrained later at night so I could see the the "it" thing.
For the rest of that I am not sure what we are talking about so I am just going to say I agree, to try and avoid a conflict.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
I fucking love tomahawks.

And i'm pretty hyped for this since it's been made for 3 years, unlike the pretty mediocre cash-ins that Brotherhood and Revelations were.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE CAN WE NOT KEEP ONE FUCKING GAME UNDERWRAPS UNTIL IT'S DONE?!
This industry is leakier than a prostitute with a bad cough.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
What, another one already? damn they really are pumping these games out.
Meh...can?t say this image makes me care about the game, it?s not really a setting that interests me

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
HELL YES!

This just went from "rent or maybe buy secondhand" to a day-1 purchase for me.

And all you people bitching about it being set in America... what the hell, seriously? It's the first game in the series to take place in the new world, and there are almost no games of any kind that take place during the revolution. Oversaturation my ass, this is the closest thing there is to a new and unique historical setting for a video game--seriously, I can't name a single other game.

As for concerns about the lack of buildings... there were several large cities in that time period, certainly nothing the size of Rome or w/e but it will offer them an opportunity to make the cities a bit more "to scale" and they will probably take up as much or more game area than the major cities in previous games.

In conclusion: DO FUCKING WANT. (Also, fingers crossed for scalping coming into play in one way or another)

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
ablac said:
How could the ancestor be a native american. Th bloodline runs from the middle east to italia making it impossible to include a native american. I really had my heart set on victorian london because I was interested more in that and im not sure how you could have the extremely tall buildings in colonial america but i supose we can only wait and see.
Actually the bloodline doesn't run from the Middle East to Italy, Ubisoft has come out and said that Altair and Ezio aren't actually related. Desmond is the descendant of both Altair and Ezio but they have different bloodlines that merged with Desmond's family. So it's entirely possible for this third ancestor to be entirely unrelated to the previous protagonists.