Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
What? You mean the British are going to be evil baby eaters and the Americans are going to be saintly sons of God?

Why has no one used this golden formula before?!

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
That PC boxart speaks volumes, wonder how sales will do in England (because you know when people say British they actually mean the mean English, not the poor oppressed Welsh, Scots, and Irish)...

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
I think his get up is pretty cool, personally. While revolutionary America wouldn't be my first choice (that will always go to victorian england, which is still 100/200 years after this game, there's still hope if ubi's going chronological!) It still looks pretty interesting. Hopefully they won't make it all whiter than white yanks and mustache twiddling limeys.

My only sad is that since its no longer in Europe, I won't be peppering my day to day speech with bits of Italian I pick up from the game.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
That....is FUCKING AWESOME.

Seriously, that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I hope to god that it's real.
God, yes. While I've been very adamant in my position that Assassin's Creed 3 should focus on Desmond and wrap up his story, I'm willing to change my tune if I can instead play a Native American Assassin in Revolutionary America.

I'll have to replace my entire pants collection if they have Ben Franklin give missions.

Dec 14, 2009
GoaThief said:
That PC boxart speaks volumes, wonder how sales will do in England (because you know when people say British they actually mean the mean English, not the poor oppressed Welsh, Scots, and Irish)...
Honestly?

I don't think we really care.

When your country has had the biggest empire the world has ever seen, you accept that your going to be popping up as the bad guys in historically based games.

I'm not concerned that the British will be portrayed in a bad light. I'm concerned it's going to be a typical America! Fuck yeah! fanwank.

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
His outfit looks hilariously out of place, but this could still be quite interesting.

Still though, there were some other fantastic time periods they could have used, and now I'm worried that next, they'll go to the Old West, wheras I'd like to go somewhere we haven't seen in a game. How about the Russian Revolution?

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
...Seems legit I guess. Gonna keep an open mind about it; might not be real, might be real. Well whatever. I like the image and fingers crossed that it's real. Would be fun to go to town with a tomahawk...

So. Flintlock pistols? Not bad.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
There are much better things then the american revolution. Better events that happened in other areas of the world...

But what would we expect from ubisoft aniways...

It looks interesting, but deep inside of me i'm just hoping that's a photoshopped image...

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Bernzz said:
mik1 said:
Bernzz said:
*le-snip*
It's not our fault companies see the U.S. as the largest consumer base. Besides this era in history is hardly ever visited in games.
And if it's about the American revolution it's technically about England and then the U.S. So you can go ahead and quit your bitching now.

YOU SAID YOURSELF IT WAS INEVITABLE!!!
I did indeed say it was inevitable, my good sir.

But I shall continue to *****, because my main problem with it remains: I'm simply over games set in America.

I know this era in history is hardly ever visited, but I haven't seen much of a focus on the French Revolution either. It's the America part I take issue with, not the event of the American Revolution itself.

America just doesn't interest me anymore, as it's oversaturated in gaming. The French Revolution would be something different, for me at least.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Also, I'm part French.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
Lets hold our arguments until we get an official statement. While I think the American Revolution would be an interesting period to visit, it doesnt really seem to fit with the AC series. I mean... are we going to scale to the top of a 50 story teepee? No, I didnt think so. There really wasnt much to lean toward the whole parkour-ish type aspect of AC here in America during that time period, so it doesnt really add up to me.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
The character looks good and if they have taken out all the bombs etc and stuck you with basic weapons as it looks in the picture, then that's great. Him being an Indian and being stuck in the middle of a huge colonial battle is a great setting.

The interesting part to me is, if they have the balls to do it, is compare how America wants there freedom from the British, even though they kicked the Indians off there own land. As an Indian character this double standard hypocrisy would be an interesting direction if done properly.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Was hoping to be a woman for once.

And I'm not fond of the 'look' of the protagonist on the cover, but I will play it and damn well enjoy it, as I have all the others. (Except for most of the first one).

Still, the setting? EXACTLY what I was hoping the next step was going to be. THANK YOU.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Why did i expect anything different from ubisoft.The french always like to take shots at there longest stand rival the British.Really hoping they do not go over the top of the British are templars but then seeing them paint every major modern leader in history that is not French a templar i would not be surprised if they turn the British Empire into a fully Templar ran Empire.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Finally something new instead of just Ezio over and over again (love the guy to death, but I love progression and closure more). I might actually end up buying instead of giving it a pass like I did with the last two Assassin's Creed games. There are certainly more exotic settings they could have chosen than Revolution-era America, but there are still plenty of interesting things they could do with it and it's a setting that doesn't seem to get touched on by a lot of games, so I'll remain hopeful until I see more.

Lethos said:
What? You mean the British are going to be evil baby eaters and the Americans are going to be saintly sons of God?

If the protagonist is going to be a Native American, as seems to be the case judging by his tomahawk and deer skin get-up, I'd guess neither side of the Revolution is going to be depicted as particularly "saintly." And apparently, according to AC lore, the American founding fathers were Templars.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
GoaThief said:
Honestly?

I don't think we really care.

When your country has had the biggest empire the world has ever seen, you accept that your going to be popping up as the bad guys in historically based games.

I'm not concerned that the British will be portrayed in a bad light. I'm concerned it's going to be a typical America! Fuck yeah! fanwank.
Well considering it's still being made by a French company I doubt it. As an American, I can say that I am looking forward to this. Most games about America center on WW2 I'm quite sick of it myself. We still don't know what the nationality of the protag is, why he's there, or what he does throughout the story. America as a market base it easy to blame it on, but it was a pivotal point in the philosophy of the Assassins. I'm not surprised they chose it.

Even if you don't like the idea, think of the expansions that could come out of this. A personal theory is that a French assassin will help you, then in a new game the main character goes to help in the french revolution. Perhaps you can to Britain post conflict and help British assassins remove templar elements in the Monarchy/Parliment during its move toward Democracy.

Also the reason China and other eastern countries were out of the equation is most likely that they wanted to finish desmond's story. Desmond having an asian ancestor seems like quite a leap of logic.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
SoranMBane said:
Finally something new instead of just Ezio over and over again (love the guy to death, but I love progression and closure more). I might actually end up buying instead of giving it a pass like I did with the last two Assassin's Creed games. There are certainly more exotic settings they could have chosen than Revolution-era America, but there are still plenty of interesting things they could do with it and it's a setting that doesn't seem to get touched on by a lot of games, so I'll remain hopeful until I see more.

Lethos said:

If the protagonist is going to be a Native American, as seems to be the case judging by his tomahawk and deer skin get-up, I'd guess neither side of the Revolution is going to be depicted as particularly "saintly." And apparently, according to AC lore, the American founding fathers were Templars.
What I'm hoping is that perhaps the main character is being influenced by a Piece of Eden that the founding fathers have. Would be interesting to see the main character being a pawn till about mid game, and would be good to break the mold of the founding fathers being perfect.

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
It will be released on Independence Day and make millions.

The English will be demonized, that or the super shock twist is that Washington is a secret templar who uses the Apple to brainwash the Assassins you work with. He will then reveal to be the Force Ghost of Al Mualim.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Why no Russian Revolution?! I'd have bought that, this just reminds me of Red Dead Redemption for some reason, a game I love more than the PS3 it runs on, which I love very much.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
Corporal Yakob said:
Cool!!!!!!

So lets our place our bets on which of the Founding Fathers were secretly Templar bastards: I bet we will have to fight George Washington!
I bet all of them were Templars, and that within canon the reason for the drive to settle America was because Columbus (or someone) discovered Native Americans had some Pieces of Eden.