Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
RedBird said:
Think about it, ubisoft (Twats that they are) Have already confirmed Ezio and Altair aren't related, So Desmond Has Ezio's Italian genes on one side and Altairs Syrian on the other. If this is genuine the dude can't be native american, or at least not FULLY native American.
I believe someone posted Ubisoft have confirmed he's going to be half English. Either way, it wouldn't actually matter. You have two parents, four grandparents, eight great grandparents etc. You don't have just two lineages. Descendants of Ezio and Altair might have already got together.

mad_mick

Jul 19, 2008
yeah im with ya there brother!let billy madison have a go running off buildings and stabing people and climbing view points and playing pointless mini games that are the exact same as all the ones in the last 6 games (im including the psp and ds games as well) yyyaaaayyyyy for stuff thats the same...every time....

Brawndo

Jun 29, 2010
Interesting... considering that most Native American tribes that were involved in the Revolutionary War actually sided with the British. The Seneca and Iroquois fought with the British up north, and the Creek and Seminole tribes fought against the American colonists in Georgia and South Carolina.

Demongeneral109

Jan 23, 2010
Spacewolf said:
13 stars i would guess its the war of independence then, which means it will be mustache twirling british villians commiting attrocitys that never happened and are based on what the Nazis did. While at the same time having the founders being apple pie eating never lieing saints.
To everyone bitching about how this is gonna be a giant AMERICA!! FUCK YEAH!!! game, please note that in every other AC game to date, only the people who historically were "evil" have been portrayed as such (both sides were kinda bad in the crusades, the Borgia were like that IRL, ect... so why are you assuming that their throwing away the whole appeal of the mythos for this pandering bs? give these guys guys some credit, they seem to know what their doing....

Demongeneral109

Jan 23, 2010
Micromyni said:
Awww, I was hoping for a jungle setting. Maybe Aztec Empire-era assassins. Climb the ziggarats, witness someone's heart cut out with an obsidian blade, and have a different villain besides the damn Knights Templar.
... the whole premise of the story is that the bad guys are the Knights Templar... Actually... an assassin in the initial colonizations of the Americas... with the whole Cortez cross prophecy angle, could make that work...

do want

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
RedBird said:
I hate to buzzkill a bit, (and believe me thats such fucking win I actually hate myself a bit for bringing this up, SOMEONE PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG) but if this is real...Well, it can't be without some serious ret-cons or Loopholage or plot twists etc. Theres no way This can happen, or at least, the main character can't be NATIVE american, and if he is he can't be related to Dezzy wezzy. Think about it, ubisoft (Twats that they are) Have already confirmed Ezio and Altair aren't related, So Desmond Has Ezio's Italian genes on one side and Altairs Syrian on the other. If this is genuine the dude can't be native american, or at least not FULLY native American.
Unless Ezio had another mid life crisis inbetween Revelations and Embers, sailed to undicovered america and shagged someone.
Actually, thats kinda plausible, Ezio IS a bit of a boss...
Somewhere down the timeline the progeny of Ezio and Altair got married. Then somewhere down the timeline of their child, his/her progeny got married to the progeny of the main character from ME3.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I personally would have preferred it to be set during the French Revolution. Ezio's great great great great grand-kid running around Parisian rooftops in the middle of the Jacobin's Reign of Terror.

NOW THAT, I'd buy money for.

Edited addition:

tr00per7 said:
why do people keep bloody suggesting the damn french revolution over the american revolution? The American revolution happend first, in 1776ish and ended around 1781 while the french revolution started in 1789 and ended in 1799. So timewise it makes more sense and also its more intresting. The french revolution really only involved french, but as others have mention the american revolution included americans, brits, french, germans, spanish, native americans and african americans, im sure we'll get more variation out of that.

and those suggesting japan or china? thats too different! Besides, doesnt the game revolve a lot around western politics and christianity, so it wouldnt really fit much with the story fighting ninjas and samurais in japan or warrior monks in china for not much reason.
From a global perspective the French Revolution had a far greater impact on European society, culture, and government than the American revolution, so I don't know why you would say the American Revolution is more interesting (personal opinion, I guess). Certainly, as an American, I can understand why some people be more interested in the American Revolution, but the French Revolution would much better fit into the global conspiracy vibe.

Also, Ubisoft is a french company so it only makes sense they'd set a game in such an important event in European history.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I'm really interested in how they are gonna handle the free running in the.... FOREST! Gonna have some serious fun stalking your prey through that I'm sure.

Also, someone mentioned it earlier, but a female lead would have been pretty cool.

krugerrand123

Apr 6, 2010
This concept looks like it has potential,the American revolution was an interesting period in history, but I was sort of hoping they would do a assassin in the three kingdoms period of Chinese history.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Plinglebob said:
While it being set in the American Revolution isn't any sort of a shock, the idea of using a Native American feels slightly forced and I'm not looking foward to how bad they make the Brits out to be *cough*The Patriot*cough*.
Those are my main concerns as well. Maybe they can't have full support for the people who came closer than anyone to wiping an entire race out, but they could've been a bit more subtle. As for the British... That'll decide whether or not I buy the game.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
tr00per7 said:
why do people keep bloody suggesting the damn french revolution over the american revolution? The American revolution happend first, in 1776ish and ended around 1781 while the french revolution started in 1789 and ended in 1799. So timewise it makes more sense and also its more intresting. The french revolution really only involved french, but as others have mention the american revolution included americans, brits, french, germans, spanish, native americans and african americans, im sure we'll get more variation out of that.

and those suggesting japan or china? thats too different! Besides, doesnt the game revolve a lot around western politics and christianity, so it wouldnt really fit much with the story fighting ninjas and samurais in japan or warrior monks in china for not much reason.
...I for once announce that the Mexican fight between the Monarchists French Puppet government and Mexican revolutionists is better than the American Revolution. Here. screw the American Revolution.
It ties itself to the Monarchists abroad - Spain, Belgium, France's Napoleon - and also the Americans after their own revolution as they helped fund the opposition to the second Mexican Empire.
...Did you learn something new?

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
The Madman said:
Eug, of all the amazing times they could have gone with over the course of history, all the little known time periods with huge story potential they went with the *that*. Another opportunity to go all 'AMERICA YEAH!' and so on...

Ah I'm probably being unfair and it's not like I was a big fan of the series to begin with anyway. Still I can't help but think there are so many other setting which could have been so much more interesting.
They cater their audience, pure and simple. The same reason why you don't often see protagonists in the Mexican military as the good guys fighting against Mexican Criminals that work for the drug cartels.

Domehammer

Jun 17, 2011
RedBird said:
I hate to buzzkill a bit, (and believe me thats such fucking win I actually hate myself a bit for bringing this up, SOMEONE PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG) but if this is real...Well, it can't be without some serious ret-cons or Loopholage or plot twists etc. Theres no way This can happen, or at least, the main character can't be NATIVE american, and if he is he can't be related to Dezzy wezzy. Think about it, ubisoft (Twats that they are) Have already confirmed Ezio and Altair aren't related, So Desmond Has Ezio's Italian genes on one side and Altairs Syrian on the other. If this is genuine the dude can't be native american, or at least not FULLY native American.
Unless Ezio had another mid life crisis inbetween Revelations and Embers, sailed to undicovered america and shagged someone.
I decided to go to the Wiki page for assassins creed series to check out this new character. It gives a reason why character looks native american. I'll put it in spoiler below so someone doesn't read it by accident.

Character is only half native american due to mother was native american while father was not. Thus ubisoft gets away by making a half native american character and having them be related to desmond.

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
BakaSmurf said:
Being one of the few people that's going to genuinely miss Ezio kind of irks me though... Really, what is it everyone has against him?
Did people really not like Ezio? I definently preferred him over Altair, and he couldn't of been a totally shit character, judging that he was in 3/4 of the series' games.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
MEEBO17 said:
BakaSmurf said:
Being one of the few people that's going to genuinely miss Ezio kind of irks me though... Really, what is it everyone has against him?
Did people really not like Ezio? I definently preferred him over Altair, and he couldn't of been a totally shit character, judging that he was in 3/4 of the series' games.
A good 80% of the time I hear people refer to Ezio they're mentioning how glad they are that he won't be in the next game, sometimes they say they just want a new historical PC, other times they outright state that they dislike the guy for being a 'stereotypical Italian revenge character.' I don't get it myself, I found the guy to be pretty likable overall.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
I'm honestly O.K. with the American Revolution thing. I mean, Desmond is kind of...American. We'd have to go to the country at some point. From both a gameplay and literary standpoint, the American Revolution makes sense. Is it the most interesting? Of course not. Is ok? Sure.

I mean, throwing in the assassin-y backstory with country's civil war is more difficult than a war between a rebelling colonel and a then-world power, especially considering the fact that explaining templar influence is easier here than say, the American Civil War. That is not to say that the templars didn't obviously spread their interest to the new North American state at some point, though.

Also, the same AC feel would be lost amidst the (more) technologically advanced wars of the 20th century (Crimean, WWI + II, Mexican Revolution, etc.). Setting the game in this point allows you to maintain the same feel because guns were still not greatest in the 18th century, although they'd be admittedly better than the gun(s) found in AC:Brotherhood and Revelations.

In conclusion, while the American Revolutionary War may not be the coolest new setting for the game, it should prove to be enjoyable, especially when you throw a tomahawk into the mix with hidden blades, poisons and bullets. I'm looking forward to this game, considering Ubisoft hasn't greatly disappointed me, yet (although the AC:R character designs were kind of...meh). I just hope they don't extend the new ancestor's story out like they did Ezio, or at least make him a good enough character if they do. I'm still looking forward to epic underground temple alien-futuristic parkour in Assassin's Creed: Desmond's Story.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to actually start playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood so as to play catch up...

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
The Madman said:
Eug, of all the amazing times they could have gone with over the course of history, all the little known time periods with huge story potential they went with the *that*. Another opportunity to go all 'AMERICA YEAH!' and so on...

Ah I'm probably being unfair and it's not like I was a big fan of the series to begin with anyway. Still I can't help but think there are so many other setting which could have been so much more interesting.
I'm a fan of the games but I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw it was going to be set in America. So many better times to set it in than American Revolution.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
Domehammer said:
RedBird said:
I decided to go to the Wiki page for assassins creed series to check out this new character. It gives a reason why character looks native american. I'll put it in spoiler below so someone doesn't read it by accident.

Character is only half native american due to mother was native american while father was not. Thus ubisoft gets away by making a half native american character and having them be related to desmond.

Being Half Native American makes alot of sense, the French were known to intermarry with the Native Americans so it wouldn't be unrealistic if one of Ezio's of Altiar's ancestors was a French explorer.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
AC: The Napoleonic Wars would have been cool....... and the whole french developer thing, it would have made sense.

Edgeless

Jul 27, 2011
Nope.

One thing, he doesn't blend in.

I'm not a fan of the AC Series, but I always liked how the costumes had a practical approach to them.

Altair's costume is almost an exact mimic of the monk's robes, which allowed him to easily blend in to his surroundings and coneal himself when needed.

Ezio's was a little less practical, but you could still maybe see some high profile/value person walking around in it. Plus it also reflected the era and setting.

This new costume does the latter, it reflects the era and setting but isn't practical IN THE SLIGHTEST.

It looks like a bastardization between Old West and Old Testament..... I mean, take a look at the fashion of the time. Very plain and bold colours, while this guy will stick out like a sore thumb.