Imagine a franchise as a different genre.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
Halo as an RTS... no wait they already went though with that.

Um... Final Fantasy as an arcade beat'em up or possibly Zelda as a point & click adventure game. Oh, Mass Effect as an action-RTS like RavenSquad (oh dear...) tried to do.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
dessertmonkeyjk said:
Halo as an RTS... no wait they already went though with that.
Shh! That never happened!

I'd also like to see a Halo RTS if someone competent were to make it.

Or a Command and Conquer Tiberium game as an FPS. That would be cool.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Mario as a racing sport RPG edutainment art puzzle arcade fighter FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.

Mario paintball. I'm waiting nintendo.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Spore as a proper third-person action game for creature stage and by extent Galactic Adventures. And an actually halfway decent RTS for tribal and civ. Alas, a man can but only dream.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Clearly Mario as a hyper realistic film noire style first person shooter. Mario and Luigi in matching hugo boss suits, one with red tie the other with green and you trade stolen gold for mushrooms in dime bags. In the final level you board a chopper with the tanooki tail emblazoned as an insignia on the side and roast people with flame throwers as you launch an assault on the rival don bowser's estate.

superdevildude85

Aug 4, 2011
After Halo wars, I wondered what other good video games would make good RTS, since Me and my friends really enjoy halo wars. Fingers crossed for halo wars 2!

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Uncharted Racing
You know Naughty Dog is building up to it, they just need a few more characters.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
Fishyash said:
Mario as a racing sport RPG edutainment art puzzle arcade fighter FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.
You mean, like this?

OT: Left 4 Dead as a base-building RTS. You start with a little safe haven, and send out generic survivors to gather ammo, resources, medicine, ect. All this while the ever-sadistic Director is constantly spawning common infected, and randomly doing so with special infected that periodically attack your hideout, requiring you to divide your survivors between defenders and foragers. The catch is that the Director can only spawn new infected in unmapped territory.You can also find mini-safehouses where more survivors are holding-out, thus increasing the amount you have to work with. The only way to win is to map out all the area and wipe out all the infected.

I'd love to see that.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Duke Nukem Forever as a good game. (why no I haven't played it yet why do you ask)

Oh, wait wait! Skyrim as either an action-adventure game or an RPG! Not to say it isn't trying to do both now, it'd just be nice if it picked one.

*cue jaded laugh track*

Okay, seriously. Dark Cloud as a Minecraft-style builder game, perhaps with RTS elements. You have to literally build your army, design the various units for each role, and then you could send them out in waves via buildings that replicate your choices.

I loved Dark Cloud, and miss it terribly.

lionrwal

Aug 7, 2011
I always imagined MineCraft would make a good survival horror game. I mean, think about it. You have zombies, skeletons, spiders, creepers, and Endermen just in the overworld. And once you travel to the Nether, it gets worse.

Start a new game. The game starts, and you dig your way to the center of the world looking for minerals. Its pitch dark, you haven't found any coal to make torches, you're armed with nothing but a stone pickaxe, and you know somewhere in the cavern you made, there are hundreds of... things, waiting to tear you apart. You here soft steps and a hiss behind you. You run away, putting a stone wall between you and the creeper, when you see the wall fall apart, only to show the face of a creeper and two glowing purple eyes, staring at you. It disappears, and while you wonder where it went, rebuilding your wall, you notice a faint purple light coming from behind you, and two long, slender hands reach around your throat.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Noun said it!

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
WH40K, Mass Effect or Dynasty Warriors in a TBS game, preferably like the Total War series.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Ace Combat as either a star wars flight simulator series, or a gundam fighting game. Imagine project aces making either of those. Imagine how the battlefields would just pop with life and radio chatter. Yeah.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Mario as a sim game, something like sim city would be great, where you can play as Princess Peach and build up your mushroom kingdom while keeping toads happy and the economy thriving.
some of the disasters could be fun too, Chain Chomp Eating up your roads, Bowser burning down your city, Tweester's incoming. :D

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
To the OP - man that's creepy! That puts a pretty large spin on the series... Cool, but rather creepy.

I've always wondered what Fallout would be like if they made an FPS (and I mean a proper FPS, not just the first person with guns of Fallouts 3 and New Vegas). Imagine trying to beat enemies with power armour *cringes at the thought*. Ultimately I don't think it would balance well though.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I thought that the Assassin's Creed franchise might work as a turn based RPG/strategy game style thing. I imagined a spin off game where you have a team of Assassins with different skills and stats, and you have to pick the best qualified for the mission you are going on. Maybe some are better with hidden blades, maybe some can use smoke bombs more effectively, maybe some use crossbows.

In the missions you have a grid based layout, and guards patrolling the area. You plan out each different Assassins movement and then initiate your turn. Your Assassins move and then the guards move. You have to assassinate set targets, and get XP for stealthier skills, not getting spotted, or fewest kills. You can use smoke bombs to move through areas which would normally be in a guards line of sight.

I think it'd work quite well. It would probably work better on PC or perhaps on mobile touch screen devices.

ANd finally, set it in British Medieval times. DOne. Ubisoft, where's my paycheck?

TephlonPrice

Dec 24, 2011
Killzone series games as a RTS game. It's just so perfect for an RTS game, and honestly, why has no one taken this idea & used it? The setting's there, the tech is there, and both sides just seem to be able to really have a good action-packed fight. Have some multiplayer elements here and there, but not the main focus, along with a map creator/editor & you have a game.