Imagine opening night for MLP the movie

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Personally, I would proudly don my Rainbow Dash Tshirt and go to the theatre with my boyfriend to enjoy what would hopefully be a great (inexplicably 3D :D ) movie. I don't own any of the toys, or defend the show to the death, or force it down people's throats. This is how it should be, but of course, there are the Jihadist bronies who take it as a personal insult when someone dismisses the show because it isn't their taste, and they give quiet, but nonetheless enthusiastic fans such as myself and my friends, a bad name.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Macgyvercas said:
DVS BSTrD said:
There will be cosplay, and they will be awesome.
Will you be team Rainbow Dash or Team Twilight?
Screw that, I'm on Team Fluttershy!
Team Rarity!

I'd be one of those people pre-ordering tickets and showing up for the midnight release.

Actually, I kinda hope this happens...It would make an awesome first date for my boyfriend and I (who met thanks to MLP.) Flying half way across the country to see a movie...That's dedication.

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
BabyRaptor said:
Team Rarity!

I'd be one of those people pre-ordering tickets and showing up for the midnight release.

Actually, I kinda hope this happens...It would make an awesome first date for my boyfriend and I (who met thanks to MLP.) Flying half way across the country to see a movie...That's dedication.
And you know I'd totally do that too. I can think of no better date than that (but only because I'm really unimaginative :p)

Also, Team Dashie!

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
hmmm, I wonder how many trolls there are in this thread already. Let's find out

Quoth said:
All I see in my imagination of this scenario is police arresting 20 year old men who've come to the movies to play with 8 year old girls.
Jazoni89 said:
I'll line all the Bronies up and shoot them in front of their families!

What, it works for Jeremy Clarkson....

SnakeoilSage said:
All the screaming fangirls scared silent by the horde of screaming, overweight, over-thirty bronies.
Sparrow said:
SnakeoilSage said:
All the screaming fangirls scared silent by the horde of screaming, overweight, over-thirty bronies.
Yup, this makes the most sense to me. Small children horrified at the sight of overweight men in their 30s screaming the names of fictional ponies. Can life really get any weirder than that?
overall there were only 4? Weird, I thought there would be more

Oh, and an honorable mention because this one made me laugh hysterically

MrDeckard said:
I imagine it would be rather similar to the opening of another overhyped thing loved by a group of overly obsessive creepy people who love it no matter what despite it being inexplicable to those who don't.

[image/]http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8500000/Breaking-Dawn-poster-twilight-series-8571910-650-850.jpg[/IMG]
I just couldn't resist.
edit:

I missed one for the honorable mentions

orangeapples said:
I think it would be a little something like this.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
Chefodeath said:
will be the first time the show's two core demographics will mix; male counter-culture 20 somethings and 8 year old girls.
also this:

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
It would just be a lot of little girls who are excited to see and their parents (most liekly the moms) staring at the 18-25 year olds who also are excited to see the movie with some people bringing MLP merchandise and probably even some dressing in character.

you know, typical twilight/harry potter midnight release. The kinda stuff we who work at the theatres love to point at and laugh and mimic and insult when they arent looking.

EDIT: i feel someones going to see that and be insulted, so i guess I should put up a disclaimer that only a few people at the theatre I work at do that kinda stuff.

me though? I'd see how much it costs to hire a chris hansen and have him say to every guy over 18 why dnt you have a seat over there.

Or maybe funnel in all the male MLP fans over 18 into a select few theatres and have some impersonators walk out before it started. You know, cause its too good to pass up.

jacilon

Aug 8, 2011
A huge line of men whispering "One ticket for my little pony the movie"

Unfortunately a season after the movie the show would start going downhill. Movies bring bad luck for tv series. Then we would have to wait for Movie Bob to review it.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
BoredDragon said:
We were doing really well about not feeding the parasprites, and then you went and fed them all at the same time. Maybe not the best idea...

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
All I know is, fox would have a field day.
But yeah it would be very odd and a lot of parents not aware of the massive adult fanbase might be a little disturbed at all the 20 somethings turning up.
I personally would compare it to any harry potter opening night ever, many kids mixing with the adult fanbase there =P

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Screw that, I'm on Team Fluttershy!
zama174 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
FLUTTERSHY IS THE ONLY RIGHT ANSWER!

OT: It would be awesome, and I would probably be to embarrassed to go see it unless I could take my little cousins to go see it..
You got that right!
Fluttershy is the only way to go! =)

OT: I'd go, but I'd definitely be embarrassed....I'd have to bring my sister.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Keepeas said:
You got that right!
Fluttershy is the only way to go! =)
*brohoof* Indeed.

And, because this is a video game site:

And that's just what I had lying around my ImageShack account already. I could summon more if I weren't so lazy.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
BoredDragon said:
It's not that I'm a troll, I just truly hate the whole MLP thing. People prattle on about hating it or loving it or even being indifferent to it so much nowadays that I've decided that jabbing at it with snide jokes are a much better course of action.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Well, an ordinary movie theatre wouldn't cut it, as everyone would be paired up with customized horse costumes.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
Me and my group of brony friends would go check it out on a Saturday, then probably go out for burgers and joke about the new memes it will spawn.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Sparrow said:
SnakeoilSage said:
Yup, this makes the most sense to me. Small children horrified at the sight of overweight men in their 30s screaming the names of fictional ponies. Can life really get any weirder than that?
"See that man, Jimmy? That's what you'll be if you make Santa give you ponies for Christmas. Now what did you want again?"

"A Football and the Batman Animated Series DVD's!"

"That's better."

Ah well. As long as we're all having fun, who cares if one out of five of us shows up dressed like his five year old sister? If he can take the ribbing, he's earned the right to wear it.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I'm imagining me arguing with a twelve year-old girl about why Applejack is best pony. And it's hilarious.