Impressive Hollywood Fan Film Brings Half-Life Alive

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Impressive Hollywood Fan Film Brings Half-Life Alive

Enter the Freeman cost these Californian fans only $3,000 to make.

Okay, that has got to be one of the best opening lines, but everything about this fan-made Half Life tribute film is fantastic. Atmosphere, effects, the lot; truly superb, but fair warning: you might not want to watch this one at your work station. Just saying.

What makes it all the more incredible is it only cost about $3,000, shot on location at a Hollywood cottage. Director Ian James Duncan and co-producer Berhard Forcher let a few secrets to low-budget success slip in three tips and tricks videos. One talks directly about action how-to plus commentary feature as well. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QmlnwCowio]

"In Hollywood it's probably a little bit easier," Duncan admits, but he tells those who want to do the same that they can do it anywhere. Preparation is key; Duncan's crew spent months putting this together, and their hard work really shows. Bravo!

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-10-short-and-tense-half-life-fan-film-well-worth-a-watch]

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Did Freeman just speak? YOU FOOLS!!! What have you done? Prepare for unforeseen conseqences.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I know there's a lot of work put into fan films like this, but whenever I seen them I can't help but find them very unbelievable and rather ridiculous.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
i really do not mind Gordon speaking... and i loved it! what else is there to say, but throw money at it

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It's pretty good for the most part but I suppose that is the bare minimum they had for Freeman to speak.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I started seeing this on my Tumblr Dashboard.
I'm very impressed and I really want more :/

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Wow, they certainly nailed the atmosphere, although the suit looked kinda cheap, kudos for the guy portraying as Gordon Freeman, he does look a lot like him and I certainly didn't minded him speaking.

Also, Gman :D

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Shouldn't have made the suit shinny, but other then that it's bloody brilliant work, even Gordon speaking is fine.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This was cool.
Wouldn't want to watch 1h15min thou, shitting my pants from just this tension :p

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
Great impressive work there. I would let those guys do a full blown HL movie anytime. Gordon Freeman looked spot on (besides the cheap looking suit).