In Defense of Bobby kotick

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Jim Sterling did a video about firing Bobby kotick, I think everyone has forgotten how Vivendi almost Bankrupted the Company and Bobby kotick saved Activison. For a second we thought Vivendi was going to try to buy Ubisoft and run it into the ground.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
What is your defense? Just because a criminal saved a puppy once doesn't negate the fact that he is still a criminal.

To be fair the #firebobbykotick thing is just a joke, he is a scumbag CEO just like 99.9% of them. Expecting someone to behave like a Japanese developer/CEO like Iwata is just silly. The Japanese have a very strong sense of duty and honor as part of their culture and America doesn't have that....we have Budweiser.

Frankly Bobby is just doing what major companies do. It's all about the immediate dollar. With record revenue, they've put themselves in a position to continue to grow profits, but with the microtransaction backlash thanks to ATVI and EA, they are probably seeing that this MT growth boon is over. So how do you continue to make it look like profits increased? You cut every possible expense including services, entire staff departments (like E-sports that has been basically canned), marketing will most likely also step back. Because if they cant increase revenue to a new level, then they have to cut costs.

The bottom line is that they only see in $$$ and personal means nothing to them. His job is to make the numbers go up, and he will do it regardless of the human impact.

Frankly the AAA-game industry needs to crash. That's the only way things can reset and game development can go back to being just about the games and not about sucking every penny out of every player possible.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
"In defense of Bobby Kotick"

No. The End. He is not some misunderstood anti-hero or pragmatist, he's a scumbag who is running the company into the ground. What he did in the past does not matter, it's what he's doing NOW that's important.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
One right doesn't make everything they do right. Just becuase Jobs made a fancy phone, doesn't excuse his mistreatment of friends and staff. Just because Musk is doing some good stuff with patents, being green and going to space, doesn't excuse his mistreatment of workers.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Aiddon said:

No. The End. He is not some misunderstood anti-hero or pragmatist, he's a scumbag who is running the company into the ground. What he did in the past does not matter, it's what he's doing NOW that's important.
I get that but Jim was bringing up old problems he has caused

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Watched Jim's vid. I don't get how this guy isn't behind bars. Like if that stuff with him lying to and defrauding a Sheriff looking to collect on a debt it true, that's a pretty serious crime. How has that not been charged, especially considering the guy is bragging about it?!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Silentpony said:
Watched Jim's vid. I don't get how this guy isn't behind bars. Like if that stuff with him lying to and defrauding a Sheriff looking to collect on a debt it true, that's a pretty serious crime. How has that not been charged, especially considering the guy is bragging about it?!
Because money talks...or in those cases, keeps mouths shut and heads down

kilenem said:
Jim Sterling did a video about firing Bobby kotick, I think everyone has forgotten how Vivendi almost Bankrupted the Company and Bobby kotick saved Activison. For a second we thought Vivendi was going to try to buy Ubisoft and run it into the ground.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
You talk about Kotick rescuing Activision as if it were some act of heroism, as if he somehow put all of his wealth on the line in a grand show of magnanimity. It was a business transaction, nothing more.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
CoCage said:
Silentpony said:
But he's not even paying people off. He's just out there saying he defrauded the Sheriff, Lulz, YOLO and I right? #Free
Billionaire aside, actively admitting to crimes it pretty good evidence, regardless of how many lawyers he can hire.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
kilenem said:
Aiddon said:

I get that but Jim was bringing up old problems he has caused
That's because it's a history, a pattern of behavior and those FAR outweigh any past glories. In fact, relying on past glories is how mediocre, incompetent men like Kotick remain in positions of power.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
Silentpony said:
CoCage said:
Silentpony said:
But he's not even paying people off. He's just out there saying he defrauded the Sheriff, Lulz, YOLO and I right? #Free
Billionaire aside, actively admitting to crimes it pretty good evidence, regardless of how many lawyers he can hire.
There's no eyes on him. In fact there basically aren't any eyes on the industry as a whole. Hell, the wealthy aren't looked at in general. Have you seen what some billionaires have bragged about in their books and in public? These idiots literally admit to this stuff all the time, and nothing happens to them. It doesn't matter. The wealth gap is too great to matter.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Yeah, sorry mate, I don't think you have a single real defense here. If anything, I don't think Bobby doing a business transaction to keep Activision together was doing anything I'd consider good. Seeing how things are going with them, maybe they should've just fallen apart. He's not some hero that did the world a favour. He did a thing that got him in a good place of power and started fucking everyone else as well. Don't you dare look at this kind of person and tell me he deserves to be defended. He doesn't, end of

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
You'd better hope the time never comes when you'd want someone like Bobby Kotick to defend you. Because the silence would be deafening. People like Kotick will likely be the reason you'd want a defense in the first place.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
If anybody is in need of a voice to stand up for their poor downtrodden plight, it's a selfish, out-of-touch billionaire who has sold out every possible standard for their chase to the top and is so cushioned by their wealth and status that they literally cannot fail no matter how badly they perform; unlike the average human, and is not held to the same legal standards by the police we are neither, who doesn't give a damn about their own worker's job security and actively avoids paying corporate tax while the world's richest country they live in struggles with extreme poverty the UN compares directly to 'third world' issues. Who else would bravely stand up to protect this poor, oppressed soul? Who, damnit?? This is God's work, son. The kind of god prosperity gospel preaches for. The only god that matters.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I'll admit I almost complexity forgot he existed. I remember a good 5-6 years ago he was in the news on here quite a bit but after awhile news on him dried up and I never saw any more info on him.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
In defense of Bobby Kotick...it sure is hilarious to hear him complain about women don't want to date him because they google him and get images of him with devil horns. You can't make up that kind of comedy.

That's all I got in his favor.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
hanselthecaretaker said:
kilenem said:
I know it?s beyond stereotypical that Jews know business, but sometimes they take things too far. There will always be intangibles more important than how black the ink is.
When did this become about Jews?