In Her Image: a Pokémon RP (Interest/Sign-up Thread) -------CLOSED---------

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Shakomaru said:
There seems to be a lot of people eager for this... Is there still room?
I'm astonished to be honest. This came to me as a half-baked idea from lack of sleep.

I'm going to be blunt: It's looking booked. Read the rules carefully and post a sheet. There are some sheets here lacking polish so you might still make the cut.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Here we are: the second character from Unova, for your perusal.

-Character removed due to my withdrawal-

Matthias's shared background with Viola has been approved by Lambi and he will edit his character accordingly.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Character sheet accordingly edited, as CA mentioned.

-le removal of character sheet due to withdrawing from RP-

You can edit my sheet in your post to fit with what it looks like now, JdaS.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Lambi said:
Character sheet accordingly edited, as CA mentioned.

Name: Viola Summers

Region: Unova

Appearance: Viola's got long, black hair that reaches all the way down her back. She usually keeps it in a ponytail so it doesn't go just everywhere. On rare occasions does she have it braided all the way, but usually just in a ponytail. She's also got green eyes. Viola stands at about 5'9" and doesn't have a big chest. Her skin is a bit pale from staying indoors a lot. She typically wears a pair of black jeans, red t-shirt with small sleeves and sneakers. She will put on a sweater if it gets cold, but usually never aside from then. She's got a scar on her right cheek from a slash from Voltra when she met her. She wears a red Xtransciever on her left wrist.

Personality: Viola is a friendly person, but competitive. She likes to make friends and get to know others, and will help if she can. She also likes to compete and get better, if only for herself. She does think she's good at what she does, but woe be to the one who shows they are better, because that's when her spirit fires up and her competitive side shows. Mostly, it's in Pokemon battles where she gets competitive, but there are a few other things she get competitive in as well. But that shouldn't scare anyone away from her because she's really a nice person and wouldn't hurt anyone.

Biography: Viola was born and raised in Driftveil City, Unova. Her father traveled around the world and her mother was an archaeologist, which meant that she was often alone at home or just with her mother, though there was the rare time when all three of them were together. She would sometimes go with her mother to Twist Mountain where she would dig up fossils, but that didn't happen often. One time, when she was around 12, she thought to take a walk, Viola went to the Celestial Tower because she had never been there before, but she had heard that it was a graveyard tower for Pokemon. She thought it was sad, but she wanted to check it out. Once inside, she went up to the second floor of it and was spooked by a Litwick in there. She screamed from having been scared and hid behind a tombstone. The Litwick felt sorry for scaring her and tried to apologize to her. Viola was still spooked, but felt that the Litwick didn't want to do her harm. She returned to Twist Mountain where her mother was with the Litwick following her. She named her Zora, which was a name she'd seen somewhere and sounded cool.

Since her mother dug up so many fossils sometimes, she thought to give her daughter one of them as a birthday present for Viola's 18th birthday. Viola liked the fossil she'd been handed, a Dome Fossil, and they both went to Nacrene City to have it revived. A Kabuto was brought to her and she liked it just like the fossil it came out of. He and Zora didn't really like each other at first, but learned to with time. She wasn't really feeling creative when she named him Kabu, but he seemed to like it, so she wasn't going to change it. Neither Pokemon had seen battle as of yet, but around the time she turned 19 she started to take interest in Pokemon battles. Zora she'd put in a Dusk Ball, since it seemed fitting, and Kabu got a shiny Premier Ball. For a while after, Viola battled a lot of trainers. She didn't always win, but worked towards becoming better with the help of Zora and Kabu.

On her 20th birthday, her father came home from his travels and all three of them celebrated Viola's birthday together, going to the amusement park in Nimbasa City. Even though she was this old, she still enjoyed it, even if it was with her parents. The whole day was spent with them three hanging out, which was a happy day for them all because of how rarely her father was at home, even though he kept contact with them regularly on his travels. Once the day was at an end and they all went home, her father gave her a present. It was an Ultra Ball, but the real present was inside and, as her father said, from Sinnoh. She released the Pokemon inside it and a Bronzor appeared. Happy with her present, she hugged her father and named the Bronzor Bronze. She wasn't feeling creative, but it was good enough for her and the Bronzor, who liked this new trainer.

Her travels for battles brought her to Chargestone Cave when she was around 21. With a decent amount of Dusk Balls in her pocket, she traveled through it, fighting some of the trainers she found inside there. She was also attacked by one vicious Joltik, getting a slash on her cheek, and called upon Zora to handle the situation. The two Pokemon battled, and after a nasty Flamethrower from Zora, the Joltik was beaten. Viola threw a Dusk Ball at it and after a few shakes, the button clicked and it was caught, making it the first Pokemon she had actually caught herself. She named the Joltik Voltra, which seemed fitting. Voltra grew to like her Trainer after that and became a great Pokemon on her team. A man named Matthias A. Delaque came up to her and asked her if she was alright, then took care of the cut she had gotten from Voltra. After that, they both talked for a while, finding that they had some things in common and knew around as much about Pokemon. Before they went seperate ways, Viola gave Matt her contact details and got his in return. Maybe one day they would meet again. It would certainly be interesting, since he looked cute to her.

Now at the age of 23, Viola's travels brought her over to the Johto region. She'd spent most of her time traveling and battling, having spent some time in Sinnoh and Hoenn. She'd liked Sinnoh, but Hoenn wasn't to her taste. She wanted to see if Johto would be and if it'd have any interesting Pokemon. Once there, she got word of a tournament being held in Goldenrod City. This interested her and she set out to go there and partake in the tournament, which would most likely give her a chance to really show how competitive she is.

Pokemon:

Litwick (nicknamed Zora), level 30, Female
-Minimize
-Confuse Ray
-Night Shade
-Will-O-Wisp
-Hex
-Flamethrower (TM)

Joltik (nicknamed Voltra), level 28, Female
-Thunder Wave
-Fury Cutter
-Electroweb
-Bug Bite
-Slash
-Thunderbolt (TM)

Kabuto (nicknamed Kabu), level 27, Male
-Scratch
-Leer
-Mud Shot
-Sand Attack
-Endure
-Rock Slide (TM)

Bronzor (nicknamed Bronze), level 27, Genderless
-Confusion
-Hypnosis
-Confuse Ray
-Extrasensory
-Iron Defense
-Earthquake (TM)

You can edit my sheet in your post to fit with what it looks like now, JdaS.
Done.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
JdaS said:
Just a couple of heads-ups. First off, there's too much text in the list of characters; mine doesn't fully show up. Second, I note the broken accents on the e in Pokémon and suchlike. Might want to look into that.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
CounterAttack said:
JdaS said:
Just a couple of heads-ups. First off, there's too much text in the list of characters; mine doesn't fully show up. Second, I note the broken accents on the e in Pokémon and suchlike. Might want to look into that.
Yes, I've been wrestling with it for a while. I'll leave it for now. The RP thread will have ample space for all our sheets. For now all that matters is we know who's playing.

In addition to the names in the second post, nuba km is joining us. I have room for two more. Read the rules carefully and give me a nice, polished character.

Siegreich

Jun 24, 2008
Well I figured I'd give this a shot here's my character sheet.

Name: Siegfried (Sieg) Havel

Appearance: 6ft even and an average build with shoulder length straight blonde hair. Grey blue eyes with deep rings under them resulting from a tendency to study rather than sleep. Pale skin, and a general dislike of hot weather. His clothes are well cut and expensive looking he wears a red shirt and black slacks with a leather belt, most distinctive though is his long coat, fine and black it hangs down past his knees, he also wears a pair of heavy buckled leather combat boots. His most notable accessory is the pair of large headphones he perpetually keeps around his neck.

Personality: Sieg is defined by a heavy dose of misanthropy he prefers to spend his time traveling alone with his pokemon, rather than in the company of other people. He is generally defined by his level of deep calm which makes him come off as cold and isn't helped at all by his tendency to be very brief in his speech. He was raised in a wealthy family which is reflected in occasional moments of arrogance. He is generally very guarded with a frown on his face and his headphones on blasting what ever music he's obsessing over, but he cares deeply for his pokemon, and takes great care to train them as well as possible.

Biography: He was raised in Saffron city his father a senior executive of Silph Co. and rarely present, and his mother generally lost in a haze of alcohol to cope with her husband's absence. On his tenth birthday he asked for a pokemon and received a murkrow that had been caught nearby on the edge of city. With his new companion he set out knowing that money would not be an issue for him and began traveling and seeing as much of the world as he could in an attempt to distance himself from his family, though occasionally his families wealth did come in handy as it made it easy to procure items such as evolution stones since many of his pokemon do evolve by the power of such stones. In recent years he's made a living with the money he's won in battles and hates to draw on his family's wealth. He's also known to occasionally spend his winnings in bars drinking himself into a mild stupor on vodka, even when on the road there's generally a bottle in his pack for cold nights.

Pokemon:
Murkrow ( Salem): Lvl 30 M
Ability : Prankster
Brave Bird (Egg)
Pursuit
Substitute (Tm)
Roost
(Though he holds the stone that is the key to it's evolution Sieg decided to wait believing it to be wise to wait until his oldest companion learned sucker punch)

Froslass ( Descoe) Lvl 28 F
Ability: Cursed body
Spikes (Egg)
Ice Beam (Tm)
Bite
Confuse Ray

Arcanine ( Sif) Lvl 29 M
Ability: Intimidate
Flare blitz (Egg)
Close Combat (Egg)
Wild Charge (Tm)
Reversal

Prinplup ( Kirijo) Lvl 27 F
ability: Defiant
Surf
Iron claw
Stealth rock (tm)
peck

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Name: Tom Relict
Appearance: Tom is a 5'2'' boy with medium length dark brown hair and oval glasses. his skin is light, but not stark white and has a bit of a tan to it. He usually wears a light blue shirt with a cloud on it, along with brown pants and shoes. He usually wear his backpack, which is also light blue.
Personality: usually very upbeat and happy, but can't stand the sight of trainers hurting their pokemon, and trying to remedy this almost always gets him in trouble. Hates the use of weather-changing moves, loves to evolve pokemon.
Born in Johto, in Ecruteak city, Tom was one of those kids who tried to become a pokemon trainer as soon as possible, and once he was the right age, he did everything he could to get his favorite pokemon, chickorita, as a starter, but living so far away from new bark town meant that by the time he got to professor elm's lab, he only had a few totodile and cyndaquil left. Tom had to settle for totodile. Soon afterwards however, he was told that his family was moving to the Sinnoh region. As a parting gift, his friends gave him an egg that they had found one day. Tom moved to pastoria city, where life was uneventful until he was twelve, when his egg finally hatched into a houndour. With totodile's help, he quickly trained it close to totodile's level. Tom made frequent trips to the great marsh, mainly just to see different types of pokemon. However he was not very good at capturing pokemon without help from his own. One day when Tom was fourteen, he witnessed a man training with his magmar. It was ordered to use sunny day, along with fire blast, but the increased power of the attack set the marsh on fire. Tom tried to get totodile to put out the fire, but it wasn't strong enough to begin with, and the sunny day just made its water gun even less effective. Luckily, the local gym leader showed up on time, and used his pokemon to completely extinguish the fire. Tom then realized that he had left his backpack lying open on the ground and there was a badly burned skorupi inside. He took it home and cared for it until it was well enough to be released back into the marsh, however it did not want to leave tom, and he decided to capture it. This event made Tom hate the effects of weather changing moves, and he vowed never to use them himself. Two years later, while on a school trip to Oreburgh city, he tripped over a strangely shaped rock. Because of how interesting it looked, he took it with him. While inside the Museum, Tom noticed that the rock he had picked up looked exactly like an armor fossil, and asked one of the scientists if it could be revived. One year later, in the present, Tom has learned of the grand tournament back home in Johto, and has traveled there to try to win, and maybe meet up with some old friends.
Feraligatr (Aeolus)
lv.30
M
Water Gun
Rage
Bite
Ice Fang
------
------
Houndoom (Kalmia)
lv.27
F
Thunder Fang (egg)
Ember
Bite
Smog
------
------
SKorupi (Kusari)
lv.26
F
Bite
Pin Missile
Acupressure
Poison Jab (TM)
------
------
Shieldon (Trapic)
lv.25
M
Metal Sound
Dig (TM)
Take Down
Protect
------
------
Notes:
Tends to carry Kusari on his shoulder, as she is very attached to him (think ash's Chikorita)

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
As I have stated in this role-play's usergroup, I am withdrawing my character for a number of reasons. I wish everyone else luck with In Her Image. It looks promising, for the most part, but I will pass.

Thank you for your time.
CA.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
JdaS said:
toobie said:
I skimmed through, but I can still join right?
We're getting quite popular... Put up a sheet. I'll be adding you in order of submission.

ThatLankyBastard said:
Hope I can still join!
Name: Alexandria Hutchison

Appearance: Medium length, curly red hair, brown eyes and just a few too many freckles. Body of a runner and a bit shorter then she'd like to be (around 5'5)

Personality: Prefering to go by Alex (hating when people use her full name), Alex is outgoing and optimistic. Tries to give off good first impressions and takes her first impressions of others seriously. Doesn't think things through as much as she should ad usually ends up running blindly into situations she ought to analyze first

Biography: Growing up outside of Mauville City she knows the joys of the peaceful countryside and the bustling city life. She currently lives by herself in a small house on the outskirts of the City, close enough to walk there and back in a day but still far enough away to retain some privacy. She enjoys running with her Pokemon and can usually be seen training for the next competitive run. She doesn't like to keep her Pokemon in pokeballs (preferring to just walk with them in a big crowd) and only puts them in when absolutely necessary.

Pokemon: *Note all these pokemon are just gonna be based off of actual pokemon I have...
-Shiny Vulpix named Piper, female. Alex's first Pokemon. Level 30 and knows Quick Attack, Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Energy Ball, Swagger, and Attract.
-Zangoose named Psy (pronounced like "Sy", short for "Psycho"),male. Overprotective of Alex. Level 25 and knows Slash, Sword Dance, Pursuit, Aerial Ace, False Swipe, and Poison Jab
-Quilava named Cinders, male. Alex's main running partner. Level 21 and knows Quick Attack, Flame Wheel, Smokescreen, Toxic, Sand-Attack and Roar.
-Scyther named Trixie, female. Alex's newest addition to the team, caught on a trip to Kanto. Level 23 and knows Wing Attack, Agility, Protect, Double Team, X-Scissor, and Cut.

Note: Do the moves out pokemon know have to be ones they'd have an opportunity to learn in game? IE can my Vulpix know Extrasensory even if she isn't a high enough level to have learned that yet?
Hoenn again? And a Zangoose owner like me. It's okay but those movesets look a tad off at first glance. Check their movesets so they match their levels. Also you can only have one TM move/egg move on each one at the start.
One HM/Egg move each? Didn't know, editing now...

...and Hoenn is best region! ;___;

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Well, as you may or may not have noticed, CounterAttack and Lambi have left us. Thank you for your time and effort guys. That leaves 2 spots for two new members. I'll probably be making my final picks today.

As for questions concerning when we'll start: sometime this week. I still have some plot issues to figure out and NPCs to create. I'll PM all the participants when we begin.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
JdaS said:
Well, as you may or may not have noticed, CounterAttack and Lambi have left us. Thank you for your time and effort guys. That leaves 2 spots for two new members. I'll probably be making my final picks today.

As for questions concerning when we'll start: sometime this week. I still have some plot issues to figure out and NPCs to create. I'll PM all the participants when we begin.
As I said, you'll get a character from me at some point today.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
I have just submitted my character in my orgiinal post on the first page. any constructive critisism would be great

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Alternative said:
I have just submitted my character in my orgiinal post on the first page. any constructive critisism would be great
Growlithe and Cubone sure are popular! I won't penalize you for picking Pokémon you like, though. The sheet looks good. Only minor complaint would be some spelling errors, but that's it.

I'll let the ones that need polish edit their's as well as Evrant submit his. Then I'll make my decision.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
JdaS said:
Growlithe and Cubone sure are popular! I won't penalize you for picking Pokémon you like, though. The sheet looks good. Only minor complaint would be some spelling errors, but that's it.

I'll let the ones that need polish edit their's as well as Evrant submit his. Then I'll make my decision.
they are, damn i was picking pokemon that i didnt think would get picked, i might read throug heveryone elses sheets and change mine up a bit.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Polished some more. Defiantly saw one very conflicting issue with something. Can't believe I let that oversight through. *Rubs back of head in shame*.

I believe everything is in proper order now. I await the results of the draft.

Name: Sandra Le Blance

Appearance:

Personality: A firebrand with a passion for Pokemon and extreme stunts. She's either boarding, battling or hanging out somewhere. She slows down for no one and if you can't keep up with this skater girl she'll leave you in the dust. Known for her rude, crude take no prisoners attitude she'll dice you up like a stir fry and burn you. If you can ever catch her in a state of no motion, you may be able to strike up a conversation and get past the firewall, or just challenge her to a battle and test your steel.

Biography: Born in a giant city named Toronto, far to the west across the worlds largest sea than to the far side of the continent. This urban girl lived right in the downtown core for the younger years of her life. She picked up a board at 8 and kept going with it. Her exposure to Pokemon was mostly through media forms. In such mega cities the appearance of Pokemon (Other than bird types) is rather rare. (As bylaws force you to keep them inside a pokeball unless in a designated area. Citing public safety and other concerns). Her family moved when she was 13 to a smaller city west of Toronto. She received her first Pokemon for her 14th birthday, which seems late but western culture is different than the east. It was a Vulpix with a golden coat and she adored it, naming it Nova after a super nova. She raised it from a pup to what it is today. Once her Pokemon was old and strong enough she set out on her adventure, against the advice of her parents. To make it in the world of professional Pokemon trainers.

Pokemon:

Vulpix, 'Nova'. (Shiney) Lev: 30 -- Ember, Quick Attack, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray, Flame Burst, Roar.

Growlithe, 'Tiger'. Lev:27 -- Roar, Fire Spin, Ember, Bite, Fire Blast (TM).

Electrike, 'Blank'. Lev:22 -- Leer, Quick Attack, Spark, Howl, Thunder Wave.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
JokerboyJordan said:
Is this getting started soon or not? No offense
The way we're going, expect the first post to be up this Friday the very latest.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
JdaS said:
JokerboyJordan said:
Is this getting started soon or not? No offense
The way we're going, expect the first post to be up this Friday the very latest.
friday to tuesday isn't that good for me as I am (fri-sun) at a convention most of the day and (mon-tue) at work experience most of the day, I mean I could join into the rp a bit after it starts. Also I live in the uk so at least monday and tuesday I should be online by the time the american players are.