In Her Image: a Pokémon RP

Anayna

Aug 10, 2009
Quick Attacks. Double Teams. Aerial Aces. Matt and Jack's fight was being fought at such a blistering pace that Rupert could barely follow it. It was entrancing though, the way in which the two Flying-types battled. Ventus and Swell circled each other in the air, diving and turning, only stopping to trade blows at regular intervals. It was almost like an aerial dance. Rupert had never seen violence this graceful.

"Hoooooooo..."

Hoothoot cooed once again from her perch on Rupert's shoulder, but not in fear as when Charmeleon and Monferno displayed their awesome power. No, her face was clearly beaming with awe and admiration. Rupert furrowed his brow in concern.

Is she admiring those two bird pokémons? I guess that's sorta natural. She's a Normal/Flying-type just like those two... I think. And they are clearly her superiors, so... but still...

Rupert couldn't quite bear finishing the thought. It was a bit hard to admit to himself, but he wondered if Hoothoot was perhaps setting herself up for failure. Having someone to look up to was good; after all, Rupert tried to emulate the likes of Darius, Caleb, and Daria. As trainers he admired them hugely. But looking at the combatants in the arena, whizzing through the air almost too fast for the human eye, he couldn't suppress the thought that surely Hoothoot could never be like them. How could this rotund owl ever hope to keep up with them? She hadn't exactly shown herself to be particularly graceful.
Rupert didn't like this train of thought. It felt like he was betraying Hoothoot in a small way, and he was already really growing to like her too. If only there was something to distract his wandering mind with.

*RUMBLE*

Eh?

*BABABOOOOOM*

Pandemonium ensued. The arena seemingly exploded as Rupert fell over backwards, dust and debris flying though the air. Screams of panic could be heard everywhere while Rupert sat on the floor in a state of supreme shock, a vapid look of horror plastered on his face. His mind was reeling, just waiting for something to snap it back into action. The enormously loud metallic roar that then blasted the stadium did just the trick.

"STEEEEEEELIIIIIIXXX!!"

H-h-h-h-h-h-holy honkering haunters!!! What the hell just happened?!

Hoothoot swooped down and grabbed Rupert by the arm, flapping wildly. She was desperately trying to get her trainer back up again, because as bad as the situation was she sensed something more coming their way. Though Rupert seemed to have momentarily forgotten the primary functions of his legs, he was emboldened ever so slightly by seeing that the Owl Pokémon was unharmed and got to his feet.

Standing at the railing Rupert could only stare at the destruction and chaos that the stadium had descended into. Still in a state of shock he couldn't understand what Hoothoot was screeching about until he sensed it too. Rupert turned around only to see that he was surrounded. Four angry-looking men in dark suits were eying him with malice in their eyes. The young trainer knew instinctively what they were after and backed up against the railing, terrified. He was frozen with fear. Was this where his pokémon journey would end? At the hands of these unknown pokémon gangsters? It hadn't even really begun. Were these bandits going to steal his pokémon for who-knows what purposes? It couldn't end like this. Rupert couldn't imagine his life without his team. He couldn't imagine himself without Cubone and Haunter.

The bright red light from the pokéball snapped Rupert out of his despair. The small Ground-type had come out on his own accord again. Cubone didn't even offer a glance to the terrified trainer. He simply stepped forward, wagged his bone club at the goons and assumed a battle-ready stance.
The message was clear: If you want me, come and get me.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Lee watched the matches pass by, though he remained unsurprised for the most part, entertaint and impressed, but unsurprised except for daria's surrender, which in his opinion was both not the kind of person he thought she was and a stupid move, as for the best plans are born out of necessity.

*RUMBLE*

Out of nowhere what was a standard tournament turned into chaos, having sensed the danger duskull stayed in his shadow and proceeded to place will-o-wisps under the seats of people who had gotten up as the cloaked men burst in, that and under lee's seat. Feeling the warmth lee quickly got up from his seat, out of the corner of his eye he could see's duskull's falmes, what is he planning? well duskull won't go down so easily, he's got permission to mess with these people as much as he wants, no way he is going to waste that chance. Lee raised both his hands to signify surrender. As he did duskull set the plastic seats on fire, causing thick black smoke to rise form them, duskull rose out of his shadow, next to lee, and quickly used ominous wind to wrap the black smoke around the two grunts, cackling as he did so.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY, YOU SICK BASTARD?!?!?"

Sav's attention was drawn to the now yelling Remy, short of assaulting the strange man he now gripped by the lapels.

The arena floor began to move beneath Sav's feet, the very earth shifting with a rumble. The man's smile slowly grew as Remy's grip slowly loosened.

Anton, now freed from the near throttling he'd received, dusted himself off with a maniacal laugh, as two black suited men joined him.

Suspicious activity!

Zangoose gave this Anton fellow a death glare, as if he was staring down his serpent adversary.

"Ah yes, yes. That's right! We're not exactly men of good social standing. That there's the sign I've been waiting for. Now I get to have some fun!"

"Sprig!!! I need you back here!"

Savannah surveyed the arena for a sight of her companion, with little luck. In a haste, her hand reached to the pokeballs on her belt, and brought out in a flash of light Sutekh.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
"I came here because"

Tom was completely panicking at this point and tuned out to what Ada was saying. Instead he just nervously looked at His food.

RRRUMBLE

Startled by the noise, Tom leap up out of his seat.

"AH!"

Blushing he frantically said, " I gotta go check this out... Uh,.. Secret mission sorta thing! Nice to see you again! Bye!" and tore off into the distance with the last of the pizza crust sticking out of his mouth. He arrived at the stadium just in time to see the largest Steelix he had ever seen burst out of the ground of the arena. He couldn't find Rupert or Lee anywhere until he saw Haunter surrounded by people in weird clothes. There was obviously a mass panic, and it seemed that the weirdos were the cause.

"Alright guys, this is an emergency, so I'm gonna need all of you!" He shouted as he threw...
One, Two, THREE?? I'm missing a pokemon? Did I drop the pokeball again? That must have been what Ada was trying to tell me! Stupid!

As Aeolus and Trapic materialized, Tom realized that Kalmia was his missing party member. His teammates were just as confused about the disappearance of their dark-type companion. Deciding that there was no time to run back to Ada, Tom, Kusari, and Aeolus charged into the ring of creeps surrounding Lee and Rupert, with Trapic close behind.

"'SCUSE ME! COMING THROUGH! AEOLUS! GET READY TO DEFEAT THESE CHUMPS!"

"GATOR!"

Bursting through into the center, he ended up back to back to back with Rupert, Lee, and their own pokemon.

"Rupert! Quick! Tell me whats going on! Who are these guys? What's with the Steelix over there?"

Anayna

Aug 10, 2009
Although still utterly terrified another emotion snuck its way to the forefront of Rupert's mind: shame. He'd done it again. He had been unable to handle the situation, leaving Cubone no choice but to deal with things on his own. This was exactly what he'd promised would never happen again; he'd vowed that he would never again leave his team hanging. But looking at Cubone's back Rupert just couldn't bring himself to take charge. He just couldn't do it. The steel monstrosity screeching in the arena, the men in black stealing everyone's pokémon, the chaos, the screams in the air. Rupert just wasn't made for this. He felt oncoming tears of shame stinging his eyes.

"GATOR!"

Rupert looked up at the sound of the roar. Behind the men surrounding him, who had also turned round in confusion, he saw something stomping towards him. Something big. Monstrous, in fact. Hoothoot fell quiet in her terror. Was it possible? Were things actually going from bad to worse? The monster charged into the goons who stepped back, leaving Rupert (whose jelly-like legs could barely hold their owner, let alone propel him) face to face with the creature. The Kanto trainer's eyes were big as saucer as he first took the sight of it in.
It was a giant blue alligator.

I don't even know anymore.

Rupert's stupor was broken by the appearance of Tom and his entire team, right behind the alligator monster. Was it Tom's pokémon? No matter, the bespectacled boy was a sight for sore eyes. Rupert had never been happier to see him. Tom rushed to Rupert's side.

"Rupert! Quick! Tell me whats going on!"

I don't know!

"Who are these guys?"

I don't even want to know!

"What's with the Steelix over there?"

What's a Steelix? Hang on, is that...?

Rupert's eyes had followed Tom's hand when he had referred to the giant metal snake, and that's when Rupert suddenly noticed the tiny figure standing beside the Steelix. There was something eerily familiar about him. Was he talking to Matt? The distance and the dust in the air from Steelix's jack-in-the-box routine made it hard to see, but Rupert was sure that had seen this guy before. It was only when Rupert noticed the Garchomp tattoo that everything fell into place, along with his heart which felt as if it fell down somewhere next to his colon. It was Eres.

... Oh dear.

"Tom! I-it's them! These are the guys L-Looker is searching for! I recognize... i-it doesn't matter right now. W-we're all in danger. We need to... we need to..."

The men in black were back. Aeolus's appearance had only fazed them and they were apparently ready to counter him now with their own pokémon, a prospect the Feraligatr seemed to relish. However, next to him, not even reaching his knees, stood Cubone who hadn't moved an inch since declaring his challenge to the goons. He looked somewhat incredulously at the Water-type. How dare he steal the thunder here? Well, there were quite a few opponents. Cubone didn't actually think that he could take all these guys. Not that he would ever admit that.
The Lonely Pokémon and the Big Jaw Pokémon both gave their best battle cry, and facing the opposition side by side they were ready.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
"Tom! I-it's them! These are the guys L-Looker is searching for! I recognize... i-it doesn't matter right now. W-we're all in danger. We need to... we need to..."

Through Rupert's stammering Tom caught the gist of what the trainer was trying to say.

"CUBONE!
"GATOR!"

"We all get it Rupert, we gotta battle our way out! I'm ready, Aeolus is ready, Cubone is ready, Let's do this!" Looking up at Aeolus, he smiled and said,"Alright buddy, its finally time to stretch those legs! You ready?" Getting a nod from Aeolus, he suddenly realized. "OH! Aeolus, this is Rupert and Cubone, Rupert, Cubone, This is Aeolus! Alright! Now we can beat these goons!"

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Kayla spouted some nonsense before moving to attack Anthony with both her Pokémon and her own person. It wasn't going to go her way.

"Not so fast, ya crazy lil' wench!"

A burly man with crazy, spiked blue hair stepped in with his Pokémon.

"What you forgot about me?! HUH?! Bruiser Frankie from that time in Hoenn? You did a number on my Pokémon that day... It's time you paid fer that!"

This Frankie character was apparently going to be Kayla's opponent. Something was off about the man's Pokémon though. Kayla had noticed it before. It seemed... Lifeless, somehow.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I GOT A PROBLEM WITH YA! I GOT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR FACE, I GOT A PROBLEM WITH YOU BURSTING IN ON MY PAL'S MOMENT OF GLORY, AND I'VE GOT ONE HELL OF A PROBLEM WITH YA GOING AFTER FOLK'S POKEMON! THAT'S KINDA RUDE, SO WITH THAT IN MIND DRAGON RAGE!"

"Wooops! Not so fast, 'Pewter Fist'!"

Anthony said as he dodged Spiegel's attack.

"Don't get me wrong, I AM here to take those Pokémon away from you, but I ain't gonna just steal 'em. I'll fight ya for 'em!"

*FWEET*

Anthony's whistle called forth his first Pokémon, who came descending from the upper rafters of the stadium, sending forth a small shockwave as it landed in front of Daria and her partners. It didn't utter a word. It just stood there, swinging its arms and waiting for its orders.

"So then, gimme a good match... DARIA PACE!"
______________________________________________________________________________________________

In the West end, Duskull's diversion had worked. As the two goons harrassing Lee were busy coughing and struggling against their shadowy restraints. Unfortunately for Duskull, it wasn't the men he should've worried about. As a stream of water and a blob of poisonous sludge just barely missed the Ghost-type.

Both grunts' Pokémon were loose, both sharing the same dead eyes as the ones facing Kayla on another side of the stadium. As Duskull released the Grunts, he braced himself. It was going to be a double battle.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Rupert was surrounded by four menacing looking men, as Cubone valiantly stood in their way.

"Hehehehehahahah! Look at that wimpy kid and his Cubone."
"Hohoho, yeah!"
"We gon' make mincemeat outta yous!"
"You ain' stand a-"

"'SCUSE ME! COMING THROUGH! AEOLUS! GET READY TO DEFEAT THESE CHUMPS!"

Tom arrived in the nick of time, with a Pokémon that no one even knew he owned. Fast evolvers, Feraligatr reach their last evolution much earlier than other starters. So although Aeolus wasn't much further into its training than Rupert's Cubone, it had already achieved its impressive frame.

The thugs, however, shrugged it off.

"So now there's two of yous, so what?"
"One with a puny Pokémon and the other with an oversized lizard!"
"Hope ya guys don't mind we play a lil' Tag Team game with y'all!"

The first two men assumed their positions. A skinny man with a large pink mohawk facing Tom and a big, fat man with a mullet facing Rupert. They sent their first Pokémon out.

In the East end, Caleb stuck to the plan. No quarter. One of the goons however, just let out a laugh in response to the gentleman's bold claims.

"Two of us are more than enough for you Richie Rich, let alone three."

He said as his three other accomplices surrounded Darius, Daffy and Knuckles at the ready.

"Two of 'em out huh? We'll take that as an invitation to a double battle!"

Darius wasn't going to fight before he got some answers, though.

"Let's get it on then, boys, what'd ya want? Rockets went bye-bye years ago, so who the hell are you?"

The thugs' faces twitched.

"Rockets?!?! Don't put us in the same category with that sorry bunch. Defeat these, then make clever remarks, smart-ass!"

The other three grunts chuckled as they closed in on Caleb.

"Looks as though yer friend's got 'is hands full, Moneybags. I'll be yer first battle, then!"

"........"

There was a brief silence before the other two thugs around Caleb burst into loud guffaws. The owner of the flopping Magikarp was visibly outraged.

"DAMN IT! WHY DO I KEEP GETTING THIS DAMN REFUSE!!!"

The one remaining grunt engaged in battle with Ryan.

"Prepare to give up your pooch, country boy!"

At the South end Remy was sure he couldn't avoid a battle with Anton.

"Heheheh...HAHAHAHAHAH! Oh yes, it's time to have some fun with you two before taking your Pokémon and... well, ya know. Hahahahahaaaaaah. Oh, how I love this job."

This guy is seriously bad news. And no doubt he's got the goods to back it up, too...

In a best case scenario, Sav could've fled the scene to find Looker, but with those goons in the way, she'd have to stay and fight.

And stay she did. With Sutekh out and ready to go, Savannah was up against a single opponent. The silent type, the thug said nothing as he sent out his first Pokémon.

There was something off about the Heracross. It seemed dead inside. Just a husk of what it used to be. Anton chuckled as he continued his venomous speech.

"Something wrong? Heheh. Of course there is! That Pokémon is essentially braindead! HAHAHAHAA! See our boss REALLY doesn't like Pokémon. Says they're a threat an' all that. SO! We kill the lil' fellas dead. But see gathering 'em up with your bare mittens is a bit troublesome, so we brainwash some of 'em to use in the inevitable battles."

Anton kept talking with that toxic smile of his as he took out a PokéBall of his own.

"'Course me, some other elite members and the bosses don't have to brainwash theirs. Seeing as we're strong an' all. Anyways... I should really get started with the fun part. Guess I'll start with that Zangoose o' yours. TIME TO KILL, HABUNAKE!

"SPIKE! FIRE SPIN!"

Spike let fly a barrage of flames that went straight past Eres, who didn't even flinch, and entwined themselves around the gangster's Steelix. The huge Steel-type roared in pain as a vortex of flames trapped it, scorching its metallic body little by little.

"Oh?"

Eres was honestly a little surprised at the boy's courage. Few had stood up to him before. All had lost.

"You got more guts than I gave you credit for, kiddo. It's nice to see some people still have guts. Very well then! You wanna fight me? I'll show you the true power of the Dragon of Veilstone, ERES!"

"Steelix! SANDSTORM!!"

Eres' Steelix began spinning its sections at blinding speeds until a maelstrom of flames and sand was kicked up. Things were looking grim for Matt. He was already in over his head. Now? Now there was a thick veil of sand buffeting him and his Pokémon, while also rendering him and Eres invisible to his friends in the stands.

Somewhere in the storm he could hear a loud bellow.

"COME ON THEN, CHILD. YOUR TIME HAS COME!"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Caleb stuck to his original plan, which was met with laugh from one of the grunts in response to his somewhat bold claim. Not five seconds into the match, and they were already trying to taunt him, if one could call them actual taunts.

"Two of us are more than enough for you Richie Rich, let alone three." He said this as three other grunts went in supposedly deal with Darius. A couple joined up with the first one, and chuckled as they came closer to Caleb.

"Looks as though yer friend's got 'is hands full, Moneybags. I'll be yer first battle, then!" The grunt then pulled out a Pokéball, and from the red beam of light came... a Magikarp? This caused Caleb to mentally facepalm, as the other two grunts burst out loud into laughter. Caleb consider joining in with the laughter, but the man had already embarrassed himself enough.

"DAMN IT! WHY DO I KEEP GETTING THIS DAMN REFUSE!!!" All Caleb could do was sigh.

"You know, if you're trying to make a statement here about how threatening you are, this isn't helping your case." Caleb said in a mixture of sarcasm and insult as he looked at Raiden, both of them already knowing how to proceed with this battle. Auron meanwhile, curious about what was going on, had come out of his ball, and rested atop Caleb's shoulder.

"Still, you are providing me with a battle, so I shall duel you, regardless of your chosen Pokémon."

Ralts? He asked, confused as to what was happening.

"Ah, Auron, come to watch a battle have we?"

Ral-ra alts! Auron said happily.

"Very well then. Raiden, Thunderbolt please."

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"COME ON THEN, CHILD. YOUR TIME HAS COME!"

As he choked on a mouthful of sand and dust, Matt raised one of his arms upwards, desperately trying to shield his face from the barrage. But the limb's pitiful cover proved mostly ineffective against the onslaught of debris, forcing the trainer to squint his eyes to barely-open slits. This was bad. Really bad.

The Sandstorm had cut his visibility to almost nil; Matt had no way of knowing where this Eres or his Steelix were lurking. Hell, he could barely make out Spike's cringing form, and the Cyndaquil had flames pouring from his back!

"Spike!" The lad's frantic shout was nearly drowned out by the storm's roar, but there was no missing the desperation that stained his voice. "You okay?"

"Cynda... Quil!"

Matt couldn't help but cringe as the Fire-type's weak reply rang out. Spike may have been trying to put on a tough front, but the constant barrage of sand was clearly dealing a lot of damage. This was... This wasn't good.

Spike's not gonna last much longer... But who else do I have?! Ventus is out, Persephone wouldn't do much better, and it's not like I can just keep Spike alive on Potions the entire match! Wait, what about... Dammit, she's Ditzy, could she help? No, Water doesn't work against Steel, so what do I do?!

There was nothing to be gained by bemoaning his situation. Matt had to do something, and do it fast. Spike could do more damage against the Steelix, but Persephone could probably handle the onslaught better, and she could hopefully put the enemy to sleep.

Undoubtedly, the best thing to do was just to flee... But there was no way he could get out of here safely, especially with this storm raging.

"Spike..." he muttered. "Please, hang in there."

Then, in a louder shout, "Flame Wheel!"

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
"Rockets?!?! Don't put us in the same category with that sorry bunch. Defeat these, then make clever remarks, smart-ass!"

Darius looked at the pokemon before him, a Beedrill and a Rattata, this inspired nothing to indicate that the thug in front of him wasn't just one of the Rockets that got away.

"You sure about that? I know it's been a few years but I'm pretty sure you Rockets used pretty much the same pokemon as the ones you've got here."

He shifted the pipe over to the other side of his mouth, inhaling a minute before breathing out a cloud of smoke that concealed his face and the top part of his pink t-shirt. Still in the cloud Darius saw the dust storm rise up on the Stadium floor.

"Well, I never was one for long speeches, so here goes. Daffy you've got the Rattata, Knuckles, take care of that Beedrill. Number 8, both of you."

Knuckles' opponent was a Bug-type, so he felt a Crush Claw, following up with Rollout or however many times he needed to work off the momentum, and finishing the thing off with a Swift should do the trick. Daffy was a bit more complicated, seeing as there wasn't any type advantage/disadvantage with his buddy. The first step would be to lessen the headache a bit, so Calm Mind was first, followed by Water Pulse, and finishing that one with Fury Swipes. Not much else he could do, but he dropped into a fighting stance anyways, just in case one of them got any bright ideas. The Day-Care did more than just feed and throw balls for the Pokemon, they needed training just as much as the Pokemon on the outside. A few of them had been Fighting-types, and if you wanted to keep working with them, you had to know how to defend yourself. Well, that and staying alive. That had always been a plus.

"What're you waiting for? Fight."

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
"So then, gimme a good match... DARIA PACE!"

"Eh-heh... Fehehe--BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAW!"

The look in Daria's eyes was killer; all the enthusiasm that could sanely be contributed to any activity that wasn't fighting terrorists. "A good match?! Ya just asked me for a good, match, right? Not the other way around?"

The Pewter Fist stepped forward and punched the palm of her own hand, cracking her neck as Slagger stepped up beside her. "Pal, ya don't really know me too well. Lemme teach ya. There are three kinds of people that I hate. I hate bratty kids."

Spiegel stepped up next, joining Slagger on the field.

"I hate women with attitudes."

Gemini dropped its mallet and walked up beside its teammates. The three of them stood together and leaned forward, Spiegel and Slagger looking a bit too viciously eager for what was coming next. Gemini seemed as enthusiastic as ever.

"GOL!"
"CHARMELEON!"
"HYA!"

Daria stretched her arm out, hand balled into a fist.

"And I really, really hate jerks who break the law, and then expect me to play by the rules!"

She threw a thumbs-down with her fist.

"FIRE FANG, ROLLOUT, SWIFT! WRECK HIM!"

The trio charged, roaring their battle-cries as Slagger led, followed by Spiegel, and Gemini took to the air.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Lee was surprised the grunts where still able to get out there pokemon while choking on the smoke but it was far form an impossibility. Lee released octilery on swalots side 'use psybeam!' he commanded but octilery looked at the large and slow target at such a close distance and saw no challenge in hitting him, instead deciding to only shoot down any attack swalot might try to do. 'duskull confuse ray on poliwhirl and then use will-o-wisp to make a barrier of flames between you and him' duskull complied with lee's orders.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
"Something wrong? Heheh. Of course there is! That Pokémon is essentially braindead! HAHAHAHAA! See our boss REALLY doesn't like Pokémon.

Sav's eyes grew wide at this new found revelation of the groups methods, to do something so atrocious was unforgivable. From a young age, Savannah was taught to always treat her Pokemon with respect, as they each have their own thoughts and feelings. Looking upon the vacant gaze of the goon's Heracross made her uneasy, she was both pitiful and disgusted.

"What?! How dare you people do something like that to Pokemon?! They are not tools to be used against their will, especially not to destroy themselves!"

Sav could feel the fury building up inside her, the injustice against these Pokemon, was not something she could let go, she had to make these people pay. It wasn't going to be easy, the brainwashed Pokemon was in between her and the perpetrator, she'd hate to hurt the poor thing but there was no other way.

With a tightly clenched fist, Savannah shouted the command.

"Set! Blast 'em with Signal Beam after a Sand Attack!"

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Kayla looked at Frankie for a few seconds before recognition crossed her face.

"You! You're the one that taking those pokemon away from those toddlers. Man I thought those Dustoxs would never leave you alone. I guess you finally got away huh. Man you really know how to hold a grudge." Kayla started at Frankie's Venamoth. At it's lifeless eyes, the way it just floated with little energy.

"You abuse your pokemon don't you. I thought they seemed off back in Honnen but it seems even more obvious now. Your Venamoth doesn't have any energy and it doesn't seem to do anything on it's own." As if to prove her point Kayla's pokemon surrounded her. King stood in front of Kayla, Milian by her left and Adephle to her right and Skylar circled around her.

"I thought that just beating you was enough buts not the case anymore, Kayla curled her hands into fists, anger burning in her eyes, "now I know. A person like you doesn't deserve pokemon. Skylar use Aerial Ace!"

The Fearow circled around Kayla one more time before charging Venamoth, picking up speed and slashing at it with her wings.

Anayna

Aug 10, 2009
"We all get it Rupert, we gotta battle our way out! I'm ready, Aeolus is ready, Cubone is ready, Let's do this!" "OH! Aeolus, this is Rupert and Cubone, Rupert, Cubone, This is Aeolus! Alright! Now we can beat these goons!"

With Aeolus at hand Tom sounded like he was ready to take on the universe and a few alternate planes of reality too for good measure. This could not be said for Rupert. Having Tom at his side boosted his morale considerably; knowing that the bespectacled boy had Rupert's back let him dare to hope that they might actually get through this, but at the moment Rupert was afraid that the worst had already happened. When the attack happened he had frozen, leaving Cubone no choice but to stand up for him. Rupert had promised that he would never leave his team on their own again. Was that promise broken? Had he really failed them already?

"OH! Aeolus, this is Rupert and Cubone, Rupert, Cubone, This is Aeolus! Alright! Now we can beat these goons!"

With his thoughts focused on Cubone, Rupert didn't manage any more than a shaky hand wave to the Water-type and a "hello" that never found its way out of his throat. Cubone seemed unusually curt too, merely giving Aeolus a short, courteous nod before turning his attention back to the thugs. Actually, as Rupert just noticed, Cubone hadn't even looked at his trainer since stepping out of his pokéball.
I-is he really mad at me?

The aforementioned thugs didn't have much consideration for Rupert's mental anguish though.

"So now there's two of yous, so what?"
"Hope ya guys don't mind we play a lil' Tag Team game with y'all!"

After seeing the Feraligatr and Cubone making a united front they had apparently decided to respond in kind, as two of the men threw out their pokéballs. Rupert looked up from his own Ground-type to see the Ball Pokémon and Vine Pokémon materialize.

O-okay, pull yourself together, man! You can't afford to think about anything other than this battle. The stakes are as high as they get. Tom is relying on you. ... and you have to show Cubone that he can rely on you. You have to try to make this right.

The opponents were a Voltorb and a Tangela, which made Rupert silently praise his stars that these were pokémon he actually knew. He then cursed his fortune just as silently, because right now that knowledge merely meant that he could see how dire the situation was. That Grass-type spelled serious trouble for Cubone, but Aeolus had it even worse. Not only did the Tangela have a type advantage against him, but he was also weak against the Electric Voltorb.

This is bad. What do I do? I've never been in a double battle before. I have to consider Aeolus too. The guy has some serious bulk, but we can't afford to take too many chances. We're at a disadvantage, but maybe we can pull through if Cubone eliminates one of the threats. If Voltorb wasn't here maybe we could overpower that Tangela together.

"T-Tom! Cubone and I'll try to take that Voltorb out. W-will you be okay?"

Geez, listen to you trying to be all assertive and strategic. Tom is ten times the trainer you are.

"Right. Cubone, Focus Energy. W-we're gonna try to make quick work out of this Voltorb. Hit it with a Bonemerang... Cubone?"

Cubone looked like he was not so much facing his opponents, as he was showing his back to his trainer. He still hadn't looked at Rupert. For a moment it seemed as if all Rupert was going to get out of Cubone was a cold shoulder, but he then listlessly held up his bone club, flexing his throwing arm before firing the Bonemerang.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
"T-Tom! Cubone and I'll try to take that Voltorb out. W-will you be okay?"

"Okay? I dunno Aeolus, will we be okay? I dunno, but I think that that Tangela needs to cool off. That blank look can't be healthy! I prescribe three doses of strong undiluted ice fang. Aeolus, Get him!"

The giant blue pokemon rocketed off at a speed that seemed impossible for something of its size. Aeolus' teeth began to glow the same color as his scales while every breath sent out a puff of water vapor.

"Oh!" Tom called out, "Try to knock him straight into the creep with the voltorb! Pick up that viny thing and throw it as hard as you can once you fang it!"

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
As Daria spoke, three of her Pokémon joined their Trainer at her side.

"And I really, really hate jerks who break the law, and then expect me to play by the rules!"

She was about to take on Anthony's Electabuzz in a 3 v 1 battle. The mere thought of such an unconventional challenge made the young man shudder with excitement.

"FIRE FANG, ROLLOUT, SWIFT! WRECK HIM!"

"Ahhhahahahahahahahahahahhah! EXCELLENT! AWESOME! THIS IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF WHITE-HOT CHALLENGE I'VE BEEN NEEDING!! Electabuzz! Dodge that Fire Fang and counter with a ThunderPunch! Take the Rollout head-on but use Low Kick on the Golem! Take the hit from Swift and counter with a Thunder!"

Electabuzz didn't need to be told twice. As Spiegel came at him with his flaming maw ready to inflict some serious pain, Electabuzz deftly sidestepped, making the lizard-like Pokémon bite the concrete floor. As one of the stairs shattered under Spiegel's jaws' pressure, the Fire-type only had time to turn his gaze towards his Electric opponent before getting ThunderPunched squarely in the jaw, sending the Charmeleon flying into the bleachers below.

Slagger took this as his que to make a move. Retracting his arms, legs and head, the Rock-type spun around and rolled towards Electabuzz, his new, round body allowing him to move faster and hit harder. Slagger had also learned from his past battle against Remy's Primeape and instead of rolling straight into a devastating counter attack, jumped into the air, avoiding any suprise legs and slamming into an unaware opponent's upper body. He felt that one.

As their foe recovered from the 660 pounds of stone he had just taken to the face, Gemini assaulted him with Swift. Dozens of glimmering star-like particles connected with Electabuzz, further damaging him. But it was not over. Enraged, the Electric-type started spinning his arms at blinding speeds, before grinding them to a halt, bringing down a massive thunderbolt from the sky. Spiegel, having gotten up from where he'd been launched, tried to save Gemini. No use. Thunder came down in the blink of an eye, engulfing both of Spiegel's teammates.

As the dust settled, Gemini lie motionless in a crater with its gem dark. Slagger was in the same crater. However, being half Ground-type, the Megaton Pokémon just stood there, unscathed with an oblivious look on his face.

"Hhahahah! One down! C'mon little girl, I'm sure you can do better than that!!!"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Kayla was with her opponent, a grunt named Frankie, a few rows below from Daria and Anthony

"You! You're the one that taking those pokemon away from those toddlers. Man I thought those Dustoxs would never leave you alone. I guess you finally got away huh. Man you really know how to hold a grudge."

"Yeah, that's... GAH! WHAT!?!? How dare you! You runt!"

The thug had been busted. He was indeed one of the criminals Kayla had caught trying to steal Pokémon from some children in Hoenn. He had failed miserably and, when trying defeat Kayla for hers, got destroyed.

"You abuse your pokemon don't you. I thought they seemed off back in Honnen but it seems even more obvious now. Your Venamoth doesn't have any energy and it doesn't seem to do anything on it's own."

"No abuse here kid! Just brainwashing done by the brass to keep these things in line until they're no longer needed. Whacha gonna do 'bout it? Eeeeh?"

As her own Pokémon took their places, protecting their master, Kayla sent out her first Pokémon.

"I thought that just beating you was enough buts not the case anymore, Kayla curled her hands into fists, anger burning in her eyes, "now I know. A person like you doesn't deserve pokemon. Skylar use Aerial Ace!"

"Bah! Venomoth, use Psybeam!"

Kayla's Pokémon was the faster one. With a blinding swoop, Skylar slashed at the soulless Bug-type, before flying up, slashing it once more. The damage was massive, but the husk managed to fire a Psybeam at Kayla's Fearow, causing her to dip slightly before regaining her altitude.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Caleb's trial started with a promising sense of ease, as his first opponent grappled with his feelings of inadequacy over the meager Pokémon he'd been outfitted with. Auron, Caleb's most recent acquisition had joined the battle as a spectator.

"Very well then. Raiden, Thunderbolt please."

Raiden did not hesitate to carry out his Master's orders. He let loose a Thunderbolt that hit its target without a hitch. In its braindead state, the Magikarp was hardly even flapping about. As Caleb's Luxray ended his attack, the grunt's first Pokémon laid on the ground. It must've been a personal record for the team. The grunt was busy gripping his face with both hands, stifling a frustrated howl as his accomplices let out mocking guffaws.

"HNNNNNNGGGGHHHHH! DAMN IT ALL! YOU GOT LUCKY WITH THAT ONE! HERE, CHEW ON THIS!!"

Another Pokéball flew through the air, revealing the Pokémon inside.

As the laughter behind him became deafening, the thug himself seemed catatonic, no longer even bothering to yell. Another easy victory for Caleb, it seemed.

"What're you waiting for? Fight."

A few feet away from Caleb, Darius urged his opponent to defend himself. The thug complied.

"Feh. Rattata, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Bite! Beedrill, Focus Energy, Fury Attack, Rage!"

Rattata was first. Rushing towards Daffy, the blank eyed Pokémon tackled the Water-type. Darius' Psyduck seemed relatively unphased. The Rattata looked low level, this wasn't going to be too difficult.

Knuckles was up. He jumped towards the Beedrill, bringing his claws down, catching the Bug-type and slamming it to the ground, inflicting massive damage. A critical hit, it seemed. Beedrill buzzed faintly for a moment before giving up and fainting.

Daffy closed his eyes and meditated for a moment, calming his mind and raising his psychic abilities in the process, before opening his eyes. He could now concentrate much better.

"Damn, I'm down. These were my only two Pokémon. Only got that runt left..."

Rattata focused its energies and readied itself for attack. A futile attempt, however, as Daffy formed a ball of water inside his bill and launched it at the Normal-type. Defeating it in one hit.

"Shit. I'm out. Eres-aniki's gonna have my ass for this... Oi, you're up."

The next grunt came to the forefront and released his first two Pokémon.

"Show me what ya got breeder boy!"

Sorry guys, this is as far as I go today. Rest is coming soon. Pinkie promise.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Raiden let out a Thunderbolt that made its mark with ease, knocking out the Magikarp without much hassle. Auron looked at the battle with interest, curious to learn more about it. As the attack ended, the grunt was busy gripping his face with both hands; almost as if he was about to tear it off as he stifled an angered howl, whilst his comrades let out mocking guffaws.

"HNNNNNNGGGGHHHHH! DAMN IT ALL! YOU GOT LUCKY WITH THAT ONE! HERE, CHEW ON THIS!!" The grunt shouted, as he left another Pokéball fly, and out came... another Magikarp. Even Caleb had to admit that this was getting a little ridiculous, he was expecting a challenge. This latest setback didn't stop the other two grunts from continuing their tirade of laughter. Caleb let out a low sigh, almost to the point of pitying the poor grunt.

"How disrespectful. Here we are, two gentleman fighting it out on the battlefield, and these jokers are being rather disrespectful. No matter, we shall proceed regardless." Caleb remarked, referring to the other two grunts as the 'jokers' as he began tossing Raiden's Pokéball in the air with one hand.

"Raiden, return, you have earned yourself a respite." He then added as the Gleam Eyes Pokémon disappeared in a beam of red light.

"How about I give you a easier challenge." Caleb said as he turned his head to the Feeling Pokémon that was resting on his shoulder.

"Auron, care to play this one out for us?" He asked, Auron immediately tilting his head in confusion.

Ral? Auron asked, unsure by what his master meant.

"What I mean is, how about this be your battle début, show them what your capable of as a Psychic type."

Ral! Auron said happily, clapping his hands as he jumped off of Caleb, landing nearby and went into a fighting pose. He even managed a little growl. This little gesture caused Caleb to smile.

"How cute. Anyway Auron, begin with a Confusion."

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Spiegel stumbled over his own legs, disoriented, but in the process saved himself from a nasty Thunderbolt. The flashing yellow arc came down quickly, and without remorse. When the smoke cleared, Slagger stumbled out of the confusion no worse for wear. Gemini, on the other hand, was limp. The Staryu's limbs twitched a little, as the remnants of the electric discharge pumped through its veins. Slagger looked back, concerned, as Spiegel limped up to the crater. The Charmeleon shook off the pain in its joints, and looked down at Gemini.

"Char..."

"Gol Gol." Slagger agreed. They glared in unison at the Electabuzz. He was tougher than he looked. "Golem Gol Lem, Golem?"

Spiegel shook his head. That wouldn't work. The sole voice of reason was fresh out of ideas, and the both of them looked back at their trainer for some sort of guidance.

Daria was hunched forward, fists clenched as she saw the outcome of the battle... and all the while she had the biggest, most furious, terrifying grin on her face.

"...IIIIIIIINTERESTING!!"

Gemini's Pokeball snapped from her belt and recalled the Staryu, sucking it away in a red beam of light. As she replaced the ball on her person, Daria called out to her opponent.

"GOOD SHOW, SILVER!" she called, throwing him a thumbs-up and a smile that tiptoed the line between congratulatory and murderous. "Only things I've seen KO Gemini like that are a Fissure..."

She stopped to crack her knuckles and jam a thumb into her chest. "...And ME. You trained that Electabuzz well; where ya from?"

As if a conversation were not in any way contrary to a battle, she asked this question immediately prior to signaling her remaining Pokemon. "Spiegel, lay down a cover Smokescreen, then hit him from the air with Dragon Rage! Slagger, you go on a Rollout, zig-zag through the smoke and come out for a quick shot, and lay on the pressure until he goes down; got it?"

"CHAR!"
"GO-LEMM!"

Spiegel moved first charging up and down a pirouette of a spin into the air. From there, he belched out a thick cloud of smoke that choked over half a dozen rows of seats in darkness. Slagger was immediately on the move after that, yelling a battle-cry as he curled up and began to roll, shooting right and left, back and forth as he disappeared into the cloud. Above them, Spiegel launched a Dragon Rage from above, the emerald flames blowing down from above. At the same moment, to Electabuzz's right, Slagger shot from the cloud and cannonballed straight towards him.

But then, a second shadow darted through the smoke, aiming a kick coming in from his left.

This second object was Daria.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
"Show me what ya got breeder boy!"

"Good to see one of you Rocket wannabes at least knows something about the Pokemon world. A shame for your Pokemon though."

Darius smirked and belted out his Pokemon's orders.

"Daffy Confusion and Water Pulse on the Linoone, Knuckles! Sand Attack, Crush Claw on the Goldeen! Make 'em know they're still Pokemon!"

Darius stood back and watched his friends do their thing, Daffy a concentrated look plastered across his face as he reached into the center of that brain of his for his power, Knuckles running straight in, sawdust from the stands he'd dug through clenched in both claws, these grunts weren't Rockets, but they fought like them. Not to mention the looks on their faces as soon as he mentioned the name the last time.