In one session, how long do you think you could game for?

WonderWillard

Feb 4, 2010
My record so far is probably only like 5 or 6 hours, but if I had all my food in front of me, I could probably game all day and all night until I was too tired to stay awake. At least 24 hours.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
My record was 12 hours on GTA: San Andreas, and that was alternating with another person every time or every other time we died. And with all the jackass ways to kill yourself in that game it's actually pretty often. Jumping off the walls of buildings on a bicycle with the super jump cheat was awesome. But still, that was with another person alternating. By myself I think the longest I've played a game in one sitting was maybe four or five hours with Oblivion and Fallout 3. After that I physically can't do it, in a contest setting maybe I could muster up eight hours, but that would be stretching it. I get tired of staring at a screen, my eyes get sore, and I'm getting bored with a game, no matter how great it is after an hour or two. Not the game overall, just playing it for the time being.

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
I can cope with a maximum of 18 or so hours in one sitting. I have other stuff to do tbh :/

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
24-32hrs but I was trying to see how many days I could stay awake for(I got to day 5 but once I started seeing shadow people in the corner of my vision I called it quits). Once you get a certain amount of sleep deprivation, your ability to game is severely stunted.

scyther250

Jun 7, 2010
I could probably do 40 hours pretty easily. I think the longest I've ever actually gone was 20 or so, but I was well out the far side of tired by then.

Alien Mole

The Quite Obscure
Oct 6, 2009
If bathroom breaks count as stopping... two, three-something hours? I like to keep hydrated. Otherwise I could probably swing comfortably over 24, especially if I could switch games. And have coffee.

Sharpiez

Jun 9, 2010
Constant gaming but with bathroom/food breaks and chatting in between: Somewhere around 20-24 hours when I played SC:BW on ICCUP.

In just one legit sitting: I think 8 hours might be my tops thus far.

I think I could do 30 if the game/games were fun enough. I've been having trouble really investing in games lately.

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
Around 18 hours I guess.Maybe more but I guess I do get up to get coffee,grab a bite and I have some breaks.I've frequently played rpgs from 10 in the morning till dawn the next day.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
I did 24 hours for charity. I wouldent recomend it unless you have a huge supply of coffee, diet coke and popcorn.

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
Once several years ago I spent three days strait playing Warcraft 3 only stopping to get myself a snack or another Dr Pepper. (Does stopping to get a snack or use the bathroom stop the gaming run?) Though I could, and very likely will, go longer without stopping.

For me playing a game can be like reading something on tvtropes.org. Meaning I could go several days playing and then suddenly ask "Is it a Friday or a Saturday?" and then someone will tell me that it's Tuesday. This is helped mostly because I don't have any windows in my basement, which is were I have my computer.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
The longest I have gamed in my life was with Ultima Online ... I racked up 70 hours, before I literally fell asleep infront of the computer and woke up with a horrific aching neck from sleeping in my chair. I definately would not recommend it. Even on a bet. The mind starts to do some strange things after about 50 hours. Its a situation I do not recommend or would wish to repeat.

Malrock

Dec 18, 2010
Not as long as some of you by the sounds of it. Back in collage, I had a 48 hour WoW session, but after that I slept for like 20 hours. Can't imagine doing that now...

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Probably only about 16 hrs...

I played KOTOR for 8 hrs straight and decided to turn it off...I could've easily kept going for the rest of the day but decided that I should take a break. Sleep outweighs gaming so yeah...only about 16 hrs.

You guys saying 30 hrs plus...you guys are CRAZY!

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
My longest straight run is about 14 hours. However a friend and I played Monster Hunter for about 4 days straight, taking shifts to play and sleep/eat/shyte.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
I know for sure I've done a 52 hour Skies of Arcadia run in one sitting, a close to 72 hour co-op session of Gauntlet Legends on Dreamcast (which ended with my friend telling me I was on spikes for about 15 minutes before i moved off that set of spikes, onto another set and we both fell asleep). WoW has held me for 72+ hours as well at times.

It should be noted at those times I had no obligations, and that I do have an insomnia problem.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Me and a couple of friends 24-houred WoW a few weeks ago just to see if we could. It was easy but we discovered that some people really can't handle sleep deprivation and not moving. He was crying while stuttering the name Phillip and had only faint memories afterwords. We don't know a Phillip.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Well, that depends; Am I just playing one game? If I was allowed to play multiple, then I could probably go for 40-50 hours straight. However, if I was just playing one game I think I could go for maybe 30-36 hours before tanking. You know, I don't actually know how long I've gamed for at one time. I remember living and breathing Morrowind for a week, but I never actually had a non-stop play session of the game.

EDIT: As for asking about multiple games, I have a HUGE backlog of games, so I believe that would encourage me to go another 14 hours or so.