In Regards to Wild West

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Leg End said:
Welp, that's the last thing of value gone.
Silentpony said:
When was the last time someone signed up and got a membership just to post in the Wild West?
DontWasteMyTime [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/dontwastemytime]
Signed up in March, made a thread in R&P and even if its closed, it had 48 replies over 1500 views. That's more than the Wild West ever did in its entire blighted existence.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Silentpony said:
Leg End said:
Silentpony said:
When was the last time someone signed up and got a membership just to post in the Wild West?
Signed up in March, made a thread in R&P and even if its closed, it had 48 replies over 1500 views. That's more than the Wild West ever did in its entire blighted existence.
A: Where are you getting these stats from?

B: The Wild West garnered more tha 48 replies in its lifetime.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Silentpony said:
Leg End said:
Silentpony said:
Dead wrong, but a moot point now.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
chocolate pickles said:
Silentpony said:
Leg End said:
Silentpony said:

A. The stats are from the views and replies columns in the thread counters.

B. I meant the new member. 1 new member to post in the R&P matters more for the site than the same 15 people posting in a secret subform.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Silentpony said:
chocolate pickles said:
Silentpony said:
Leg End said:
Silentpony said:

B. I meant the new member. 1 new member to post in the R&P matters more for the site than the same 15 people posting in a secret subform.
It really doesn't. Look man, this site is dying. Bar an actual miracle - or, at least some actual content - the site is gonna die. It's not about getting new people anymore; it's about persevering the site for as long as possible with the members left. Once those are gone, this place is toast.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
chocolate pickles said:
Silentpony said:
chocolate pickles said:
Silentpony said:
Leg End said:
Silentpony said:

It really doesn't. Look man, this site is dying. Bar an actual miracle - or, at least some actual content - the site is gonna die. It's not about getting new people anymore; it's about persevering the site for as long as possible with the members left. Once those are gone, this place is toast.
I disagree. Granted the site is dying, I wont dispute that. But I feel that getting new members, however few, will do more than the wild west. That place I'd argue did more to alienate users than it brought them together or brought new blood in.

The wild west was started with the best of intentions, sure, but it's been a long time since it brought any value.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
chocolate pickles said:
Silentpony said:
chocolate pickles said:
Silentpony said:
Leg End said:
Silentpony said:

And having all discussions be productive and moderated will ensure that this site's remaining days will be better.
It's easy, just don't be bad person. I see no downside.
Now that the West is gone, I can unmute the site.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
And the change happened one day before the one year anniversary of one of the game threads. That's unfortunate.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Can I post hot takes about movies and whatever else I find worth complaining about here now?

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Can I post hot takes about movies and whatever else I find worth complaining about here now?
Yup, as long as you provide some discussion value and ain't an ass to other people.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Gethsemani said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Yup, as long as you provide some discussion value and ain't an ass to other people.
Also isn't there an entire subforum dedicated to user reviews, or is that for video games only?

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
First my stall closes last week, then the place I spent most of my time whilst working at my stall closes?

Coincidence? I think NOT!

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Silentpony said:
Also isn't there an entire subforum dedicated to user reviews, or is that for video games only?
It is for anything you care to review. Marter used to do his movie reviews there before he became a proper staff member, for example.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Silentpony said:
Gethsemani said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Sure, but noone ever goes there.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Bobular said:
First my stall closes last week, then the place I spent most of my time whilst working at my stall closes?

Indeed, first we remove the taint of Weeb from Tealand, then we remove the taint of WW from the 'Pist.

Let's see what other taints can be removed.
Johnlives said:
Call out thread against the Wild West.
I can't think of a more deserving target.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Souplex said:
Bobular said:

Indeed, first we remove the taint of Weeb from Tealand, then we remove the taint of WW from the 'Pist.

Let's see what other taints can be removed.
Don't remove my taint, I need that! D:

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Finally, the cesspool has been quarantined.
Many succumbed to it's toxicity.

I hope Bobular will keep posting somewhere. His threads were pretty interesting.