In the Grim Darkness of the Future, There Are Only Ponies

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
wouldyoukindly99 said:
Ponies in the news section of the Escapist? Our hegemony of the internet is almost complete...
Yes, we'll have to start working on the next step.

I now like The Escapist even more. I hadn't seen all of those videos before.

I think this is relevant. I'll be sad until Applejack and the others return.

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
While those are all wonderful, I do believe there's another good one you forgot good sir...
Although it may not technically count since it changes the lyrics of the Freakazoid theme...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
The Pinky and the Brain one was my favorite of the bunch. Not that the others weren't good.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Blindrooster said:
wow, this pony thing is really getting popular eh? So many videos..... they remind me of my 4 year old cousins bedroom. Well, peace out yall, i'ma vegatate a month and see if this is gone by the time I awake.
[img/]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/Fezzelfoxie/PONIES/haters.gif[/img]

It will not end till the internet is consumed and it moves onto real world domination. You will awake to find the world looking like your little cousins bedroom.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010

Don't get the channel it comes on.
Don't get why there's so much attention.
Don't get why so many BETTER animated series have been cancelled while this is so popular.

Time wasted on this series could be spent watching Invader Zim.

Satosuke

Dec 18, 2007
Oh no...the infection has reached its tipping point here.

You don't get it. Hasbro is a front for the Solar Federation! Their ponies are bringing you euphoric joy with a minimum of substance, seducing your minds and stripping you of your free will! It's only a matter of time until the war comes, driving us free-minded peoples to the colonies on the distant planets. The prophecy of 2112 is coming to fruition! Resist them, or be subject to the Brave New World of the Priests of Syrinx!

Now, I must be off to lock my guitar in a cave somewhere in the hopes that some curious soul finds it and breaks the shackles of this false, corrupt friendship they are cultivating.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
Ended up watching an episode or two (or three...) while I was babysitting my niece. I'll admit it: I liked watching it with her. Anybody has a problem with that, they can take it up with the Ponies. EDIT: Though I will say that Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Invader Zim, Animaniacs, the DCAU, and Spectacular Spider-Man are way better cartoons.

You know what else? That Inglourious Basterds mashup was far more awesome than the actual Inglourious Basterds movie. Yeah, I said it, bring it on Tarantino fanboys!

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
gphjr14 said:

Don't get why so many BETTER animated series have been cancelled while this is so popular.

The animation in MLP is top-notch. It may be simplistic but it's damn good and can be extremely expressive.

Oh and on the subject of 40k and MLP...

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
gphjr14 said:
Well, for the first one, every episode is on Youtube. I don't have the HUB either yet I've seen every one.

And maybe the other 2 are because you havn't watched it *shrug*

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Wow. That is A LOT of pony trailers.
And I'm not really into this pony stuff, but still, i watched most of those videos.
And i have to say, there were very well done. Made me smile.
And made me realize how good the original film trailers were, too.

-Drifter- said:
Right in the jewels. Pure gold.

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
gphjr14 said:

But I already watched Invader Zim, it was good but why would I rewatch it over and over again when there are new shows to watch and what would give you the idea that other people who watch My little Pony never watched Invader Zim?
And to answer the why this is popular thing, even though there are plenty of shows as good or better than My Little Pony there's a few things My little Pony has that they don't, for one thing a good cartoon like Invader Zim (which you mentioned) isn't based off a toy-line meant for young girls, and not as many people would be very shocked, disturbed or dismissive towards a grown man for watching it but they would for someone who watches My little Pony, then there's also the obvious memeablilty/memeticness of it.
Also for me I just can't get over the fact that I'm now able to say with an honest straight face that I like My little Pony, which is something I thought would never happen.
So yeah a lot of the popularity is based on the humor and lulz of the whole thing.

Captcha: Parish, iepir Apparently Captcha wants to murder Mr. ieper! We must warn him!

I don't type walls of text, I type large barriers...