In the Grim Darkness of the Future, There Are Only Ponies

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Versuvius said:
I would just like to say, whatever invalid besmirched 40k with this drivel needs to be shot into the sun.
I find this objectionable for several reasons:
1) The implication that physical infirmity has some effect on a person's value.
2) The apparent belief that 40k is some sort of holy text that is not to be mixed with anything or parodied.
3) Friendship is Magic is not drivel. It is brightly colored and lighthearted in tone but I think that as a culture we really need to move past the idea that adults can't like happy things.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
ManThatYouFear said:
The Escapist also likes to report non-gaming news that relates to general nerd or internet stuff. Like the more current news article about the guy posting Facebook messages during his standoff with police.

Mrrrgggrlllrrrg

Jun 21, 2010
ManThatYouFear said:
Why cant the pony love, you know.. fuck off to a website based on ponies.

it is like going on gamersyde to talk about fucking football.

And how is this news.
There are many sites dedicated to pony love but restricting the discussion of certain materials(besides ponies even) to certain websites is well plain silly and frankly impossible since communities are made up of people and people have things they like and want to share. As for how its news, beats me but its popular so its related to culture and culture does get press attention from time to time.

Now about gamersyde, they have an off topic forum dedicated to threads not about video games so I'm pretty sure discussions of football happen there as much as here.

Now to quote a pony and many other people throughout history "Oh you."

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Dragonsoulq said:
And now photographic Proof that Magic the Gathering R&D has fallen to the pony hoard!

...It depends on which ponies, because there are only some you really need...

Fluttershy could take out Optimus easiler with her stare. Or just by saying "Pretty please."

hotsauceman

Jun 23, 2011
Seeing this made me happy. The fact that grown men can enjoy the show w/o irony(ok maybe a tid-bit)is something i can see as a great thing in a society. and the fact that many ar'nt ashamed it a step closer to society where people can enjoy things without being insulted.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Ive read all 22 pages of this thread.
I have ingested enough pony to sate the thirst of 100 Bronies,
and i think im a better person for it.....