In the mood for some off-road racing. What's the craziest PC title you can recommend?

ninja666

May 17, 2014
What I'm looking for, in a nutshell, is an off-road racing game with Motorstorm levels of craziness: diverse tracks, with an environment that can completely change several times during one race, huge, nitrous-powered speeds, enormous jumps, lots of crashing, and, if possible, multiple vehicle classes to choose from.

I've already played FUEL and all the FlatOut games.

Anything you can recommend?

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Baffle said:
I'd go for Super Duper Pooper Scooper Off Road CaliFragiLocious Mega Wheel Crazy Frank Loop the Loop Stuntcar-arama.

It isn't a real game, but it was the craziest title I could think of

Oh, you're so punny.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Baffle said:
In fairness, I was going to suggest Stuntcar Racer, but I had an inkling you wouldn't like it.
Yea, I'd really prefer something a tad bit newer than that. Like, at least 15 years newer.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
I remember playing the second one some while ago. The cars were so fast I couldn't go into a turn without smashing into a wall and bouncing off of everything. Is DD1 any better?

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Baffle said:
I don't know, I haven't played DD2. You could always brake before the turn though.
Except braking would make opponents catch up, smash into you and then pass by you, leaving you on the last position without any chance of recovery. At least that's what always happened to me in DD2.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Split Second
1nsane 2 (its actually very fun even if it was some random game by russians inspired by the original 1nsane, Codemasters then sold it as 1nsane 2 since they were so similar)
Wreckfest
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Nail'd
Blur
Burnout Paradise
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

ninja666

May 17, 2014
josemlopes said:
Split Second
1nsane 2 (its actually very fun even if it was some random game by russians inspired by the original 1nsane, Codemasters then sold it as 1nsane 2 since they were so similar)
Wreckfest
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Nail'd
Blur
Burnout Paradise
Well, not all of these are offroad, but all of them look extremely fun nonetheless, especially the budget ones, like 1nsane 2 and Nail'd. Some of them I've played already, but they're worth a revisit, methinks. I'm gonna get to them right awa--

josemlopes said:
Oh my god, you don't mean the Big Rigs, do you? Please tell me there's an another game bearing the same title.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
josemlopes said:
Oh, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing! I was wondering when someone was gonna mention that one!

ninja666 said:
Oh my god, you don't mean the Big Rigs, do you? Please tell me there's an another game bearing the same title.
Yes, that Big Rigs! I could totally recommend it! It's very... relaxing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6DtVHqyYts

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Spintires? That's all I can think of. You drive big trucks around in mud. Not really a racing game.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Dead Century said:
Spintires? That's all I can think of. You drive big trucks around in mud. Not really a racing game.
Nah. I'm not looking for simulators. The thread is pretty much done, though - josemlopes nailed it with his suggestions.