Inadvertently disgusting moments in video games

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
So I'm playing through Bioshock Infinite and I realised that I'd just eaten a sandwich I'd found in a bin.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
All that grass you eat in Demon's Souls. Isn't grass supposed to induce vomit?

EDIT: Also when you eat freshly-laid eggs in Resident Evil.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I've always thought it's really gross in any RPG when you loot dead bodies for equipment and items. Especially armor. I just can't get past the fact that in real life your bladder and bowels release when you die.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Just recently I was hit by the realisation that the Apocalypse most likely puts a stop to all toilet paper production...

Yeah, think about that.

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
On a similar subject, I developed a habit of drinking water out of radioactive toilets in Fallout New Vegas.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Casual Shinji said:
Just recently I was hit by the realisation that the Apocalypse most likely puts a stop to all toilet paper production...

Yeah, think about that.
Not only that, but people also stop bathing as well. Imagine all this stench around.

As for me, I think the Blighttown's "swamp" is pretty disgusting - God knows what's in there (and I'm pretty sure this isn't mud, considering it literally poisons you) and you have to walk through there knee-deep in it to get to the boss.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Not only are you getting food from trash in FO3 but some of that food is apparently 200 years old. Damn they must have had some effective preservatives.

A lot of the random items used as vendor trash or that you have to collect for quests in MMO's. You want me to come back when I've killed these things and gathered 10 tumours? Why am I carrying around shit like globs of gloop, congealed blood and spittle and why the hell are they buying it? Even with usefull item wearing something striped off a corpse is rather gross. Then of course there is the loot and gold from monsters thing. Where is the loot coming from? presumably you are cutting them open and removing it from their stomach.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Alchemy in Elder Scrolls. What? You want to tell me that making, and then later drinking a potion made from a yokel-looking plant, fish scales, grinded antlers, and a big toe cut off from a giant's foot isn't disgusting?

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
ninja666 said:
Alchemy in Elder Scrolls. What? You want to tell me that making, and then later drinking a potion made from a yokel-looking plant, fish scales, grinded antlers, and a big toe cut off from a giant's foot isn't disgusting?
Oh yeah, I remember eating a giants big toe in Skyrim to see what it dose and then realising how disgusting that would actually be.
Morrowind has Corprus Weepings as an alchemy ingredient which is much worse. You're making potions out of or just eat secretions from the wounds on corprus plague victims. In addition to being disgusting that is just a really stupid idea. You can buy or sell this shit too.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Sewer levels and having your characters wade in them happily with little consequence, at best initially going "ew" then seemingly developing immunity to the conditions after 2 minutes.

IRL you probably really wouldn't want to take a stroll there, especially in your every day clothes.

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
The poo monsters in the Depths of Dark Souls are pretty foul, especially the one that drops on your head when you first enter the sewers.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Saya No Uta

Like, everything about it.

Yea, human meat taste great, doesn't it? Also you've been having sex with a monster.

Still, love that game.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Breakdown said:
So I'm playing through Bioshock Infinite and I realised that I'd just eaten a sandwich I'd found in a bin.
Probably not the same thing, but it reminds me of this:

OT:
Hmm...
There are a lot of these fringed moments like these in video games.
And I say this without giving an example myself...yeah.

The_Dee

Jul 8, 2014
VincentX3 said:
Saya No Uta

Yea, human meat taste great, doesn't it? Also you've been having sex with a monster.

Still, love that game.
I wouldn't say that it was inadvertent...it was most definitely on purpose.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Johnny Novgorod said:
Yea, cause vomiting's surely gonna help for a stab wound, or blood intoxication.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
VincentX3 said:
Saya No Uta

Still, love that game.
And then there's the lovely bit where someone rapes the eldritch abomination, which.... How? Try doing that to a tiger and see where it gets you.

And I know this has been brought up before, but where does meat come from in Pokemon?

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
The_Dee said:
VincentX3 said:
Saya No Uta

Still, love that game.
I wouldn't say that it was inadvertent...it was most definitely on purpose.
Well, if it's your first time playing the game and dont catch on to things then it's still a big surprise.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
ninja666 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Yea, cause vomiting's surely gonna help for a stab wound, or blood intoxication.
I know dogs usually eat grass to instigate vomit when they feel they've swallowed something that doesn't suit them, I figured it would have about the same effect in humans.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Fox12 said:
VincentX3 said:
Saya No Uta

Still, love that game.
And then there's the lovely bit where someone rapes the eldritch abomination, which.... How? Try doing that to a tiger and see where it gets you.

And I know this has been brought up before, but where does meat come from in Pokemon?
Also how would you feel a tigers breasts? I mean your still touching a monster, no matter what you see.
let's get back on track

Wasn't there an episode of Pokemon where they showed a cut-up Magikarp?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much looting any dead animals in MMORPG like eg getting an animal hide. It seen such a waste to skinned it and to only leave the corpse behind unless you are also looting the meat aswell. Still getting the animal claw, did you chop off its claws to get it or how about the posion sac, did you reach its inside to get the sac out?