Indiana Senate Bill 167: Holy crap, what a mess.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
While it may have been past it's heyday, the satanic panic has never really left conservative circles. Harry Potter and Pokemon were both considered satanic by large swathes of US Christians; Obama was literally called the anti-Christ regularly. Hell, I'd even argue we're smack dab in the middle of its second coming (ironic) with how mainstream Qanon is becoming in the GOP.
True, though I personally associate Satanic Panic with a more specific form, but now that I think of it I don't really have a good reason for that.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
True, though I personally associate Satanic Panic with a more specific form, but now that I think of it I don't really have a good reason for that.
I used to as well, but after taking a second look, there really wasn't any reason to continue doing so. While it certainly began with a giant spike in the 1980s ("coincidentally" around the time the religious right was starting to exercise its burgeoning power), it never really left society.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Huh, thought the Satanic Panic faded away earlier than that. At my school we weren't allowed to play it in the library because our librarians were weird and though all card games were gambling, but that's it.
There was a bunch of occult symbols and demons that were particularly offensive

a) 14 or 15 is different than 13. This was a middle school they are deciding curriculum for, not a high school.
b) You shouldn't be allowed to play Magic: the Gathering at school. I say this not as a conservative, but as a Magic player. That game feasts on people's time and money, and definitely should not be encouraged at school.
Well, I'm not going to disagree with the money thing. While I have a bunch of dual lands, lion's eye and mox diamonds locked away that are worth a heap... it'd only worth it now, not back then

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Well, I'm not going to disagree with the money thing. While I have a bunch of dual lands, lion's eye and mox diamonds locked away that are worth a heap... it'd only worth it now, not back then
The only card in my favorite deck to hit triple digits is Time Spiral, and people ask what they should do if that's out of their price range and they want to play the deck, and I do give suggestions, but I got mine for like $10 so the best solution might be time traveling.