Indie Developer Showcase, Day Five: Meat Boy

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Indie Developer Showcase, Day Five: Meat Boy

Will you help save Band-Aid Girl from the clutches of the evil Doctor Fetus?

Read Full Article

GuiltBlade

Nov 6, 2009
n+ anyone?
its a nicely made plat-former for the most part with nothing bad to say about it, I liked N+ and can cope with this as a game in a similar vein .

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
I remember playing that on Newgrounds a little while back. It was fun and clever...but a little fiddly and frustrating at times.
It might just have been me, but the controls seemed a little unresponsive and I did what I often do with platformers: I ragequit-ed, much to my shame

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
GuiltBlade said:
n+ anyone?
its a nicely made plat-former for the most part with nothing bad to say about it, I liked N+ and can cope with this as a game in a similar vein .
Yeah, I saw that too. Pretty cool though

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I just spent about 15 minutes with the flash version and I'm sold.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Time Fkcu is awesome! Flash game of the year! (Of the last year!)

I played Meat Boy, though, and... uh. Not sure what's supposed to be so awesome about it. The idea of putting characters from other indie games on its "official" version is great beyond words, though. There are few communities in which such a thing would work.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Oh wow, I remember playing Coil a while back. I was impressed with how it's controlled purely through mouse movements, no clicking or keyboard inputs at all. I never knew it was a McMullen game though. My actual first McMullen game was Aether a couple years back, but I didn't really know of him at the time. It wasn't until Time Fcuk that I really started taking notice of him, making that feel more like the first game of his that I had played.

Should be interesting to see where he goes in the future now that he's breaking into the console scene.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Time Fcuk is amazing. Everyone who hasn't played should go play now.

I played the Meat Boy flash game, also excellent.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I was gonna link to The C Word a while ago but I chose not to 'cos I thought it might be juuuust a little bit too NSFW for The Escapist. But since you're linking it, I'll recommend everyone go and play it because it's really quite funny and it introduced me to what is now one of my favourite songs [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60rdsRWw45Y].

But yes, I've thoroughly enjoyed every game I've played by this fella. Good times.