Indie Developer Showcase, Day One: Captain Forever

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Indie Developer Showcase, Day One: Captain Forever

Today's indie game is a lesson in creative destruction.

Read Full Article

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Just played ROM CHECK FAIL and it's surprisingly fun. Growing up playing those games probably helps, but it surprisingly worked.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
TBH, I don't like Captain Forever. It seems to suffer from what amounts to poor design to me, but meh. It attempts to do something different, and I can't really give it flak for that.

I also played ROM CHECK FAIL. While fun, sometimes it's downright unfair. And choosing to limit the movement of the Space Invaders ship to just left and right was, again, poor design choice. Especially on the levels with those damn ghosts....*shudder*

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
I like this feature; I hope to see more of it in the future. ROM Check Fail is a hilarious game. It was good to find out about some of the madness behind it.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
That game is awesome! the build your ship with a blown up ships parts is just genius. But that game is HAAAAAAAARD. Oh yeah, and what happend to makeing your character move with the arrow keys? That is so much better.! you get 4/5!

standokan

May 28, 2009
I really like captain forever, made me think about spore, you know like, climbing up the ladder of power (couldn't think of something better, sorry) anyway i like it

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
I like it a lot, but make it a mission based game, not a sandbox game. And sometimes it's very hard to control that ship.
I would like to see game like this in game shops. I could even imagine that someone bought the rights of this game and made Wii version of it.

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
Wow, this is a great concept for a game. I love the strategy of building your ship and salvaging your opponents, and I realize that having to do this on the fly can make things more intense, but sometimes I wish I could have a bit more of a breather to make a more effective design. Difficulty ramps up pretty fast too, nasty purple ships...