Indie Devs Mistaken for Marijuana Thieves

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
I personally, would be livid. Not all cops are incompetent, but those guys sure were. All they had to do was look at the sign on the front of the building. It's sad.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Maybe it's my British sensibilities, but it scares the fuck out of me to see cops approaching a suspected robbery guns drawn. Just so much potential for something to go wrong - especially if you've not got the right address ;)

Of course they're trained n all that, but still... one finger movement and someone dies.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
I guess its a good thing they werent enjoying a little smoke during their late night work efforts.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Hmm, this reminds me of some of the stats one of my characters has in a Tactics games. All speed, no accuracy.
Goo job for understanding the situation, on both sides.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Well, that's an interesting way of getting unintentional publicity for your upcoming game, it's no wonder they weren't upset over the incident.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Ghetto Golf? Is that where you can shoot your opponent's caddie to hamper his progress to the next hole, or perform drive-byes out of one of golf carts? Ok I'm listening.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
So I wonder if the police realized that a shitload of computers and an absence of pot made that building an unlikely medical marijuana distribution center.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Canid117 said:
So I wonder if the police realized that a shitload of computers and an absence of pot made that building an unlikely medical marijuana distribution center.
Nah, no way.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
tkioz said:
Good on the coppers for being professional and reasonable, and good on the developers for understanding that mistakes happen and that you shouldn't get your panties in a twist over what will a funny story to tell once the shock wears off.
That's true. Everyone, including the police, make mistakes, and this one could have ended much, much worse.

Music Mole

Apr 15, 2009
crazyjay321 said:
I do'nt understand why they tried to arrest the guy's.

They turned up at the (wrong)address to find some guy's on computer's and reach the conclusion that the robber's stayed at the crime scene to use the computer's?
\

Did you watch the video?
The cops didn't go inside, they obviously heard them when they opened the door and saw one of them.

Aztek463

May 4, 2008
Enigmers said:
tkioz said:
Good on the coppers for being professional and reasonable, and good on the developers for understanding that mistakes happen and that you shouldn't get your panties in a twist over what will a funny story to tell once the shock wears off.
That's true. Everyone, including the police, make mistakes, and this one could have ended much, much worse.
Agreed. A bit of an inconvenience to both parties, sure. At least the situation sorted itself out pretty quickly.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
cops went to the wrong address?

boys, I think we found where all the medicinal marijuana went.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Now we know where their 'inspiration' comes from. We all know the artsy type like the bud.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I wonder if the real perps shit themselves if they were still at the facility and saw the fuzz. If that was so, even if the cops did go to the wrong spot next door, I have to wonder if that place gets broken into tonight.
Props to the cops for being cool about it, and not getting overreactive during the apprehension. And to the devs. Just five minutes of confusion and a small inconvenience in the end.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I played Nexuiz.

Maybe weed would have improved the experience. Was that a suggested System Requirement?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
They went in with weapons drawn looking for marijuana thieves?

That's like trying to use an M16 on jaywalkers!

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
The cops over there are rather porky aren't they.

On second thought i'm sure its the extra Kevlar padding on the stomach.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
What's so great about the response time if they arrive at the wrong address?