Indie Devs Mistaken for Marijuana Thieves

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Aztek463 said:
Enigmers said:
tkioz said:
Good on the coppers for being professional and reasonable, and good on the developers for understanding that mistakes happen and that you shouldn't get your panties in a twist over what will a funny story to tell once the shock wears off.
That's true. Everyone, including the police, make mistakes, and this one could have ended much, much worse.
Agreed. A bit of an inconvenience to both parties, sure. At least the situation sorted itself out pretty quickly.
I'll throw my support behind tkioz's post as well.

Anyway, wonder how these games will turn out?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well. At least they were cool about it...heh.

One hell of a mistake though, but, I suppose gave them something to laugh about

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
They'll have a heck of a story to tell their children and grandchildren someday. "This one time, whilst developing games, I was arrested on the charge that I tried to steal drugs!"

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Hey! I've played Nexuiz! It's a UT clone.

I honestly can't think of anything else to add to this discussion, so I'll just be off now. Bye!

Bureaucromancer

Jan 28, 2010
How, precisely, was this in any way professional behavior? Ignoring for the moment the initial mistake itself (which would have been quite easy to avoid), they aimed loaded weapons at unarmed, compliant civilians. WTF? In all seriousness, whatever happened to not aiming a weapon at anything you don't intend to kill? For that matter, why did it take another cruiser turning up to determine that they had the wrong address? It would seem pretty clear that was the case once the officer who entered the building came back out, what exactly were they doing in the interim (on the video it looks like not much of anything, with the civilians, now clearly innocent of any wrongdoing, remaining handcuffed).

Hardly an extreme incident, but in no way up to the standards most of us would expect of professional officers. That we congratulate them for figuring out their own, very simple, and very easy, mistake says more about low expectations of police than the quality of the officers involved.

viciouspen

Dec 23, 2007
Lol
Me and one of my partners were in the office. He was fiddling with code on a casual game and I was working on this god awful contract proposal for another game.

When we spotted this we very thuroughly LOLed.....and then become paranoid that the police would raid our office....