Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

Hainted

Jul 27, 2008
Hainted is in with an idea.I hope,it said done but I didn't get a confirmation for the art.Can someone double check or would it be OK for me to upload again to be sure?
Oh and Good luck to everyone.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
Well, I'm done...
Good luck everyone.
Best of luck to all!

I keep checking my entry... you know when you submit something, and you know it's too late to change it, but you keep checking it anyway... just to make sure it's all correct...

Or is that just me...

I'll go sit over there...

pooryohei

Oct 22, 2008
Clankenbeard said:
Clankenbeard's Estimate for Total Webcomic Contest Entries: 63
Clankenbeard's Estimate for Total Webcomic Contest Entries That Still Fail the Format Rules: 2
I would be willing to bet that there are going to be a great many more rules violations than that.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Cory and I are finishing up our entries and we have a quick question. Language. Specifically the foul kind. One of our characters drops an F-bomb and while, yes, we could change it to something less offensive it would take away from the line in my opinion. I understand we won't be disqualified for using the term but would it count against us from a judging perspective?

Thanks.

folmerkelly

Feb 24, 2010
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Cory and I are finishing up our entries and we have a quick question. Language. Specifically the foul kind. One of our characters drops an F-bomb and while, yes, we could change it to something less offensive it would take away from the line in my opinion. I understand we won't be disqualified for using the term but would it count against us from a judging perspective?

Thanks.
I can't imagine it being a problem if you look at the amount of foul language Zero Punctuation unleashes. One of my entries is riddled with naughty words. Good times!

LACKT

Feb 17, 2010
Man,can't wait to see what I am up against.The anticipation is killing me with either way with the wait in submitting early or getting finished before the deadline.

Daigerus

Feb 24, 2010
LACKT said:
Man,can't wait to see what I am up against.The anticipation is killing me with either way with the wait in submitting early or getting finished before the deadline.
I was wondering...the rules said that we're not allowed to put up our entries online, but what about sharing them privately via messengers or e-mails to get feedback from others? If that was allowed, then technically we could see what we're up against, if we're also willing to share.

LACKT

Feb 17, 2010
Daigerus said:
LACKT said:
I was wondering...the rules said that we're not allowed to put up our entries online, but what about sharing them privately via messengers or e-mails to get feedback from others? If that was allowed, then technically we could see what we're up against, if we're also willing to share.
Lol,I am a bit paranoid about PM'ing submissions,a healthy alternative is just posting similar published works like what others did linking to their art sites.Here is a sample of my old stuff.

happyelf

Feb 24, 2010
I have a question, should the four strips be in sequence, or could the winner arrange to insert additional strips into the sequence if they end up doing the strip?

So say I have 10 strips that are meant to run in order, and I entered strips number 2, 5, 7 and 8 for the contest, because they included stuff I wanted to show off. Could I then finish and add in strips number 1, 3, 6 and so on in the unlikely event that the strip was accepted?

My idea isn't a super-serious continuity story, but it does have continuity, and I wanted to show off some of the variety of the idea.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
I guess I can count me and my teammate as in, now. And boy, am I feeling jittery and anxious on the inside (he says he feels the same way - or words to that effect, at least).

Anyone got any suggestions on how the pass the time till we know who's getting the big prize?

pooryohei

Oct 22, 2008
Space Jawa said:
Anyone got any suggestions on how the pass the time till we know who's getting the big prize?
You could work on your comic so if you do end up winning you have some backup pages. That's what I plan on doing.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Just a reminder: if you've uploaded your images successfully, don't forget the text summary of your comic (see the main Webcomic Contest page). Doesn't have to be an essay, and this is also a good place to list who you may have collaborated with if you're working with others.

Also, I've gone through and found entries that uploaded 5 images, but had some(or all) that were garbled/incomplete. Check your PM inbox, or just to be sure, check the upload page - if you're able to upload again, then go ahead and re-upload. If you're making your 2nd attempt at uploading, and would like it checked to make sure no gremlins got in the way this time, PM me (make the subject: Webcomic Check) after you finish uploading and I'll check on it as soon as I can and get back to you.

If you've already entered, haven't received a message from me, and the upload page says you've already entered, then you're good to go (at least from a purely tech standpoint) and don't need to PM me.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
i was asked to go to the contest page to put in a description of my comic but i dont see a link or anything HELP!!!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
interspark said:
i was asked to go to the contest page to put in a description of my comic but i dont see a link or anything HELP!!!
The box under "Special Information" on the contest page is where you enter your description. It's right above Legal Stuff.

shefyg

Feb 21, 2010
Already finished and submitted mine. Very pleased with it.

But I actually have more ideas I like. Is there a way to submit more than 4 strips.

BTW, do I break the nudity rule by submitting strips... :0

Regards, Shefy

folmerkelly

Feb 24, 2010
Submitted! Too bad I didn't find out about this contest until a week ago, but I had fun with it regardless.

Good luck everyone!

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
folmerkelly said:
Submitted! Too bad I didn't find out about this contest until a week ago, but I had fun with it regardless.
Some people work better under tight deadlines. Obviously, you are turning your webcomic in three days early. Becuase you did not work up until the very last possible second to submit, you are hereby disallowed (as is everyone else whose comic is "in") from saying later that you didn't have enough time. :D Good luck!

Silkyn

Feb 25, 2010
Almost done:)

Good luck everyone really looking forward to seeing your entries, all entries will be displayed right?