Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

MaTT2011

Feb 25, 2010
All done and submitted!

Super excited (see: paranoid) about the competition! I REALLY hope all my images transferred ok =)

Looking forward to seeing what the competition brought to the table as well as what the judges thought of my work.

Good luck to everyone, thanks for the fun and the opportunity, Escapist, you guys rock tha house!

Io-T

Feb 26, 2010
I'm really setting a record for late to the game, but I just found out about the contest last night, saw the deadline and automatically figured "No way in hell I have a shot." Then I starting thinking, which led to planning which led to scripting and I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm gonna try to push my luck and submit something even though I don't stand a chance. The question I have is on the deadline, is the deadline midnight on the 27th or will entries submitted on the 28th count? Basically trying to gauge the level of coloring I should do based on if I have 2 or 3 days. Sorry for the stupid question ^^;.

pooryohei

Oct 22, 2008
Io-T said:
I'm really setting a record for late to the game, but I just found out about the contest last night, saw the deadline and automatically figured "No way in hell I have a shot." Then I starting thinking, which led to planning which led to scripting and I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm gonna try to push my luck and submit something even though I don't stand a chance. The question I have is on the deadline, is the deadline midnight on the 27th or will entries submitted on the 28th count? Basically trying to gauge the level of coloring I should do based on if I have 2 or 3 days. Sorry for the stupid question ^^;.
You have until 12pm(noon) on the 28th to submit. I believe that is Eastern time.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Oh THIS SUCKS!!!!
I never saw this!! I've been working on a webcomic idea for a few months now, planning it out and such, and I never EVER saw this.. now it's too late.. no way I can have anything done for show on Feb 28th. well maybe I can start working on it now and enter into the 2nd Annual Escapist web comic yada yada yada.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
time.[/quote]
Io-T said:
Yup, ET = EST. You have until noon on the 28th. Good luck!

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Yay I managed to get mine in. If I win i won't have to eat top ramen anymore... Then I can get the good stuff. "passes out due to hunger"

did I win yet?

Io-T

Feb 26, 2010
Thanks for the clarification! Time to go rob the corner store of all their Monster Javas since they don't have caffeine IVs to pump it directly into the blood stream. Already have my pencils done and 1/4 inked so it's not impossible, just crazy, kehehehe.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Just submitted mine as well, thus concluding a month of dedicated work. The odds are stacked so high against us all, though. Best of luck to everybody! I'm sure the winner will be someone who deserves it (although I wish it was me...theres always hope).

verschnupft

Feb 27, 2010
Just submitted mine too, at the very least it gave me a nice little project to work on for the last 2 weeks.

Good luck everyone.

Talthos

Feb 27, 2010
Ours is submitted now, too.

Yet, now I am worried there might have been a glitch. Any way someone could check to make sure ours went through? Just so I am not scrambling at the last minute to correct the issue.

Good luck to everyone who submitted. I already feel as if we are in great company in this competition.

deano_inabiskit

Nov 13, 2009
Yeah, chucked in my comic too. I can see a few first-time posters jumping into the forums, so I thought I'd get out the shadows and say hi too.

pooryohei said:
Space Jawa said:
Anyone got any suggestions on how the pass the time till we know who's getting the big prize?
You could work on your comic so if you do end up winning you have some backup pages. That's what I plan on doing.
Totally second that.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
Almost done, I have to finish painting a couple of things, fix the logo and I'm good to go! I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time with ME2 and AvP, the final quality would have been better...

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
deano_inabiskit said:
Yeah, chucked in my comic too. I can see a few first-time posters jumping into the forums, so I thought I'd get out the shadows and say hi too.

pooryohei said:
Space Jawa said:
Anyone got any suggestions on how the pass the time till we know who's getting the big prize?
You could work on your comic so if you do end up winning you have some backup pages. That's what I plan on doing.
Totally second that.
Me too and practicing my action drawing skills. I became so motivated by this I think i'm still going to make it even if I lose.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Talthos said:

Yet, now I am worried there might have been a glitch. Any way someone could check to make sure ours went through? Just so I am not scrambling at the last minute to correct the issue.

Good luck to everyone who submitted. I already feel as if we are in great company in this competition.
Images came in fine.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Talthos said:

yeah i worry about that constantly. i just hope mine worked, too.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I can write, but can't draw to save my life.
We have a great community here and there may even be people who can draw and can't write. You never know until you ask. :)
Doesn't look like the creators of xkcd can draw, but that comic is one of the best out there. Great contest btw.