Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
Just Submitted.

Special Thanks to Scout Kubin, the artist who made it all possible. Your work is amazing.

Wish everyone luck. May the best comic win :D

gnarwhalstudio

Feb 4, 2010
PHEW FINALLY DONE. Just submitted all o' muh stuff.

I can't tell if I'm cold, sleep-deprived, or super-pumped. Either way, I'm shivering uncontrollably. I can't wait until the winners are announced.

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Ritzbot said:
It seems to me that telling stories of how long we spent on our comics can be very detrimental to our success. Saying, "I didn't start until yesterday" is like having a big sign on your chest that says, "Procrastinator." Claiming to have worked the entire month and not have something ready may be a sign that the contestant will not be able to produce two comics per week. All I'm going to say is that I had a blast working on this, and I will have my entry in on time no matter what. My reasons for submitting on the last day are my own, but I meet my deadlines.
It didn't take me all that long to write and draw the comics. What took the longest was using photoshop for the first time. It took me a week of failed attempts to realize I should just color by hand but I was too poor to buy copic markers.

gnarwhalstudio

Feb 4, 2010
Just to double-check, can a mod be wicked-awesome and see if mine made it through? I didn't get any error messages, but just so that I can finally go to sleep.
Thank you in advance!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
gnarwhalstudio said:
Just to double-check, can a mod be wicked-awesome and see if mine made it through? I didn't get any error messages, but just so that I can finally go to sleep.
Thank you in advance!
It's fine.

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
Up loaded mine. wish I had learned about this earlier, but got pretty good work in. It's called SH00T TO W1N if a mod could be so kind to check it came in ok for me. (see all the other people asking got me all worried!)

So yeah, when are winner(s) announced? :D (if that hasn't already been asked a billion times...)

Any who, guess I'll just go to sleep then. Good luck everyone! May th best comic win!

Io-T

Feb 26, 2010
Well mine was submitted on time if unfinished as per my usual standards. I was crazy to think 2 and a half days was enough for 4 strips plus a logo but I'm actually proud I got it as far as I did. Somethings better then nothing and I'm glad I tried, hehe Look forward to seeing which of you all wins!

boybokeh

Feb 27, 2010
HAHA! Finished by the skin of my teeth. Rushed, certainly, but I'm pleased for at least getting something in before the deadline (by 30 mins :D). Elated enough to cancel out how bummed I was that I only saw this competition a day and a half ago. Lame.

In any case, since I'm not overly optimistic about my chances, does anybody know if we get to scope out the other entries when the deadline has passed and the winner has been announced? I'm interested to see what people have been cracking out.

Good luck to all.

Vatman

Feb 21, 2010
Gah, I just finished. And in my rush to submit it, I think I had like two spelling errors. Internet grammar ftw?

Daigerus

Feb 24, 2010
I just submitted here my entry and text description 5 minutes before the deadline, without any technical problems. Here's to hoping there really is no error and my entry is valid somehow. And good luck to everyone as well!

Satoshii

Feb 7, 2010
Could one of the mods please check to see if my entry has got through? I literally got uploaded it at the skin of my teeth, but it's still loading and hasn't sent me any confirmation yet (either error or success). I'm a little worried that it's gone past the deadline now (9 min past) and it won't count. I suppose it's my own stupid fault for doing it right up until the last minute, but if someone could check i'd be really grateful.

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
wow alot more last minute entries then I thought. looks like there were more in the past 24 hours then rest of the month combined

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Well guys, this was fun. I hope I win, and good luck to everyone else. May the best comics win :3

Ritzbot

Feb 12, 2010
aeroz said:
wow alot more last minute entries then I thought. looks like there were more in the past 24 hours then rest of the month combined
I expected this to happen. As long as there is time to make improvements, it might as well be used to do so. Next time a contest like this comes around, though, I'm going to make sure my comic is mostly done before I start experimenting with new techniques.