Indy Dev Calls Zynga Out Over Plagiarism

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Indy Dev Calls Zynga Out Over Plagiarism

Zynga is well-known for ripping off game concepts and styles, but one developer isn't going to sit quietly while this happens.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh, this is brilliant.
Developer fiiiiiiight! *Throws discs at passerbys*

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if this is what they meant when they said they were looking to go into the online gambling business.

Sep 14, 2009
haha wonderful link of the word "burn"

but really, this is just awesome.

The_root_of_all_evil said:

Genius. Utter utter genius.
in the case of sounding incredibly stupid, who is that in the picture that makes this such "win"?

ShaneGunWolf

Jul 6, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
haha wonderful link of the word "burn"

but really, this is just awesome.

The_root_of_all_evil said:

Genius. Utter utter genius.
in the case of sounding incredibly stupid, who is that in the picture that makes this such "win"?
Chris Hansen from How to Catch a Predator, I believe. XD

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
vansau said:
Chrono212 said:
Page 2 404'd

Regardless, how does Zynga not get sued?
I mean, it's not like they're in a place where people don't like to sue other people for the dumbest things imaginable .
It's working just fine over here. Try re-loading?
I'm on an iPhone, which may be the issue.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/.2

That's the page that opens from the page two link in the article.
For me the, admittedly ammusing, 404 page comes up.

OT: Zynga's a plagiarist.

Psychemaster

Everything in Moderation
Aug 18, 2008
Second page for those who get 404'd [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115475-Indy-Dev-Calls-Zynga-Out-Over-Plagiarism.2]

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Chris Hansen. He's the host of "To Catch A Predator" (a TV show that busts pedophiles)

Feb 13, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
vansau said:
Chris Hansen. He's the host of "To Catch A Predator" (a TV show that busts pedophiles)
When you're less well known than Pedobear (does he have the Brit. Spelling as well?), then you really have to question whether your show made an impact. ;)

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Considering Zyngas attitude they'll probably just ignore this unless Nimblebit decides to press the issue legally. Which if they do, Zynga will just draw out the court case till there tiny studio runs out of money to fund it. Rampant capitalism at it's best gentlemen.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
These kind of ripoffs happen on a weekly basis. The only difference between those devs and Zynga is that Zynga is pretty big, whereas the other devs are small fries that try to fly below radar.

Nothing surprising here...

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Chrono212 said:
vansau said:
Chrono212 said:
Page 2 404'd

Regardless, how does Zynga not get sued?
I mean, it's not like they're in a place where people don't like to sue other people for the dumbest things imaginable .
It's working just fine over here. Try re-loading?
I'm on an iPhone, which may be the issue.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/.2

That's the page that opens from the page two link in the article.
For me the, admittedly ammusing, 404 page comes up.

OT: Zynga's a plagiarist.
Not the phone. On my Win7 pc here, same 404. Thanks to the guy who gave us the working link. :)

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Dexter111 said:
I never heard of either games before this, but how the hell do they not both plagiarize Sim Tower from like over a decade ago?

I was actually thinking it'd be more like the indie stacking game on XBLA at first. But after seeing it, you're right, it is more like Sim Tower. I think the main difference is that it seems a bit more 'simmish' (as in The Sims) then Sim Tower. The similarities are still there though to the point I don't think it could be called coincidence.

And I'm surprised that I remember actually playing that game way back when.

Also, while this burn is slightly interesting, I don't think it's a big deal. They should really sue Zenga and hard. While it might not be the easiest of things to do, it still really needs to be done. Because that's seriously something that should not be allowed to go on. I'm really starting to think that the apps really need a 'Nintendo Seal Of Quality' type of thing. All these blatent rip-off apps and junk apps really seem to be flooding the market. In fact, all games really need that again.