Infinity Ward Heads Found New Studio - UPDATED

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
juvemisfit said:
Pending the Activision trial, this would mean EA would have hands in the 3 biggest FPS franchises. A bit scary for one publisher to have that much power tho.
I don't think that Activision is gonna lose the rights to CoD that just doesn't seem possible.

However i still think a lot of people are gonna take this as a sign of what the next CoD game is gonna be like. Its suprising how many people will completely change their mind on games with a little developer Drama like this. They are probably gonna lose a bit of their market with this.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
juvemisfit said:
Pending the Activision trial, this would mean EA would have hands in the 3 biggest FPS franchises. A bit scary for one publisher to have that much power tho.
MUAH HA HA HA! EA is all powerful and you will bow down to them! Now take off your pants and bend over!

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
*as darth vader*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Althoughm, i did like Mirror's Edge.

James Hueick

Feb 8, 2010
Sweet! Although I went into this thread praying that they would call their new studio Sledgehammer.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
The sad part is 60% of the CoD players won't even know about tis, and if and when those two make a game that challenges MW2 you can expect those 60% to start bashing the shit out of them.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Dudemeister said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Woot!

EA!

I adore each ever since taking a risk with Mirror's Edge. And even more with this DLC plan.
Agreed. I hope they create something that makes Call Of Duty look foolish.
They already did, it's called Battlefield.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Good on them.
With those awsome creative rights I could not see them doing any better.
As long as EA dosn't loan them to DICE for BF3 I will be fine with this. They can touch the BC IP. Just never let them near the BF IP.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
Echolocating said:
This probably won't help their court case.
This is exactly what I thought. I mean, Activision's whole argument was they we're about to do this..
Yeah but would they have done it had they not been fired? The effects and the causes don't quite match up.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
hehe. Saw this coming. Well, at least they have been able to keep doing what they love.

I wonder whats going to happen with them now with there new firm and what they will create. EA looks like its been more human with than the former...

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
It's funny, Activision drove away their money makers because they were worried they'd go to EA... making them go to EA.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Let them do what they want to do; I've seen their results, and they are good.

Though I honestly cannot blame Activision entirely for their previous efforts to control Infinity Ward's IP; when you catch the Golden Goose, you don't kill it, you cage it.

The only good news in this case is that Respawn will retain control of their Intellectual Property. I'm just waiting and wondering how EA will cock this deal up; probably by inserting something unpleasant into the customer's nether regions (metaphorically speaking) when the company does produce something profitable.

Good luck with that lawsuit boys; hope you can prove Activision breached contract before you did.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
http://kotaku.com/320762/infinity-ward-to-ea-chicago-were-hiring

Somebody help me out. Is this irony? Poetic justice? Karma?

Or just another day in the life of big business?

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Hmm. I approve. This doesn't necessarily mean that West and Zampella were planning to do this, but that once they were fired, they had no other choice. Regardless, with any luck EA will be able to release even more of a competitor to CoD than BF:BC2 now that these guys are on board, which will help reduce CoD's chances of becoming a monopoly-esque franchise. Variety is good, mmmkay?

What do you think, Captain Falcon? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeAx3igk8QE&feature=related]

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Can we really say these two guys are the masterminds behind COD4&6, i mean their is chance it was a group decision.

OT:Well i guess many of us knew this would happen.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
This sounds like a good thing.Since most IW games have been good.Sure none of them are masterpieces,but they do entertain for the most part.So I don't see what could be so bad about it.

hansari

May 31, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Echolocating said:
This probably won't help their court case.
This is exactly what I thought. I mean, Activision's whole argument was they we're about to do this..
Yeah but would they have done it had they not been fired? The effects and the causes don't quite match up.
Exactly.

I mean read the lines in this article about them "owning their ip this time around".

Infinity Ward doesn't own Call of Duty or Modern Warfare. They could of just as easily flipped Infinity Ward off

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
This is interesting, since the main focus of Activisions lawsuit is their deals with EA

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
It's funny, Activision drove away their money makers because they were worried they'd go to EA... making them go to EA.
Thats a self fulfilling prophecy right there.

Hopefully they make a great new game together and make Activision regret this.