Infinity Ward Heads Found New Studio - UPDATED

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Well this is good. EA is one of the only major publishers left who haven't made me hate them.

It's going to be interesting to see what they come up with.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
johnman said:
This is interesting, since the main focus of Activisions lawsuit is their deals with EA
As if there's some third major publisher willing to fork over a few million bucks that they could have gone to...

hudsonzero

what I thought I'd do was,
Aug 4, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
Echolocating said:
This probably won't help their court case.
This is exactly what I thought. I mean, Activision's whole argument was they we're about to do this..
]how exactly does this damage it either

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
VanBasten said:
johnman said:
This is interesting, since the main focus of Activisions lawsuit is their deals with EA
As if there's some third major publisher willing to fork over a few million bucks that they could have gone to...
Activisions main case is that they were talking with EA before they were fired. This deal having been sealed so quickly kind of supports that theroy, giving weight to Activions accusations of insubordination.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Who would have thought EA, one of the msot hated gaming publishers not 2 or so years ago are now easily one of the best.

Good job guys, you've escaped the best that is Activition. I hope we get some great stuff from this new studio.

johnman said:
VanBasten said:
johnman said:
Activisions main case is that they were talking with EA before they were fired. This deal having been sealed so quickly kind of supports that theroy, giving weight to Activions accusations of insubordination.
Yeah...I wondered about this too. Whether Activitions argument is ligament or not it probably would have been safer to wait after the whole lawsuit was finished before announcing this.

blanksmyname

Aug 2, 2009
Sure, it seems like Activision's claims may have just been proven to be true, but let's not jump to conclusions. If a publisher had the opportunity to get the two heads of the developer, owned by their biggest rival, that made the best selling game of all time, I would certainly think that they would.

I think Respwan is a pretty poor name though.

Sevenfest

Mar 10, 2010
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
The sad part is 60% of the CoD players won't even know about tis, and if and when those two make a game that challenges MW2 you can expect those 60% to start bashing the shit out of them.
I'm not so sure, I work in a game store and even the knuckle-draggers can tell the difference between IF and Treyarch.. If whatever they make does come out with the tagline 'made by ex Infinity Ward employees' I can see people making the leap.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
johnman said:
Or, like any successful company, EA acted quickly when they saw a potentially lucrative acquisition.

As I've said, it's not like there is any other major publishers with anywhere near that level of income like EA and Activision that can fork over a few million at the drop of a hat for a new studio with no projects in development and for guys that ask for complete independence with making games.

SomeBritishDude said:
Whether Activitions argument is ligament or not it probably would have been safer to wait after the whole lawsuit was finished before announcing this.
It's gonna take years for those lawsuit to be settled, and it's gonna take years for something to come out of this new studio as well once they start working. If they waited to start working till after the lawsuits were finished everyone would forget about them.

Duncreek

Apr 2, 2010
Activision likely said that they were making talks with EA because, like us, they could make the really painfully easy prediction that EA would pick up the two well known game designers. And even if they did have a reason for the firings, it is too convenient that they would do so right before having to pay Zampella and West the huge sum they were due for MW2.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Shaun Johnston said:
This goes to show that Activision was right to sack these guys. It is to 'convenient' that they ended up working for EA as Activision said they were planning to do. I knew from the start that Activision were telling the truth. No way would you sack the main guys on Infinity Ward without some knowledge of their deceit. These two guys were greedy and trying to do Activision over without a doubt.
that makes no sence, they "sacked" them because they wanted to take COD in a new way, and they dident like that, and maybe they where rumored to go to EA, but heres my two cents, they could hate done it to piss them off, either way, Activision lost bigtime.

OT, i just hope Respawn doesent go down like Pandemic did...

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Shaun Johnston said:
This goes to show that Activision was right to sack these guys. It is to 'convenient' that they ended up working for EA as Activision said they were planning to do. I knew from the start that Activision were telling the truth. No way would you sack the main guys on Infinity Ward without some knowledge of their deceit. These two guys were greedy and trying to do Activision over without a doubt.
that makes no sence, they "sacked" them because they wanted to take COD in a new way, and they dident like that, and maybe they where rumored to go to EA, but heres my two cents, they could hate done it to piss them off, either way, Activision lost bigtime.

OT, i just hope Respawn doesent go down like Pandemic did...
If Respawn makes 20% the money IW does, I think EA will be happy.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Hurm. What do you know? Activision was at least half right. Now we wait and see if they were actually dumb enough to steal from their employees in an attempt to make them loyal. Because... [http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3836257]