Infinity Ward: Modern Warfare 2 Will Be "Best F**king Experience We Can Possibly Deliver"

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Infinity Ward: Modern Warfare 2 Will Be "Best F**king Experience We Can Possibly Deliver"

Acclaimed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward doesn't know how long the upcoming sequel will be - they're just hoping the game will blow your socks off.

Speaking with VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2009/06/17/infinity-ward-modern-warfare-2-is-the-best-fucking-experience-we-can-possibly-deliver/] at this year's E3, Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin said that the team wasn't going into Modern Warfare 2 with the intention of making a game that was longer than its predecessor: "It's really hard to say, because it's not done yet, it's not balanced yet."

That's not to say he doesn't seem enthusiastic about the project, it's just that they're not concerning themselves with the game's length. "We don't go into it saying we need to build a 20-hour experience or a ten-hours experience. We say, 'What's the best f**king experience we can possibly deliver? ... (a)nd we craft it around that."

Whether longer or not, though, Rubin apparently added that the game's levels would be bigger than those in CoD4.

I see what he's saying, but at some point I think developers do have to take time into account, no? The difference between a 10-hour game and a 15-hour game is one thing (at least there you're getting roughly enough bang for your buck). The difference between a 10-hour game and a 5-hour one is another thing entirely.

And now, to poke fun at the ambiguities of the English language: Notice that "best f**king / experience" and "best / f**king experience" are two completely different things. I wonder what else IW has in store for Modern Warfare 2, eh?

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
And now, to poke fun at the ambiguities of the English language: Notice that "best f**king / experience" and "best / f**king experience" are two completely different things. I wonder what else IW has in store for Modern Warfare 2, eh?
I sense another Hot Coffee incident. Jack Thompson will love this.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
A very odd hot coffee?

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Bugger, ninja'd by a minute...

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Hey if they can balance the multiplayer this time then I'll be happy. But I'm not holding my breath for this one.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
The only interest I have in the Call of duty franchise is the single player, and since they are making the single player campaign shorter in favour of the crappy multiplayer, then i'm giving this a miss.

Edit: What a waste of my 1000th post... talking about a game I won't buy.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Bugger, ninja'd by a minute...
I told you, we're posting twins.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Infinity Ward haven't let me down yet - every game they've created has been quality so I'm looking forward to this game.

Symplify

Jun 13, 2009
The screenshot looks pretty, but I'm concerned that they are saying they don't care for game length. I don't care much for the way CoD4 plays online, so if they focus this one on the multiplayer I think it'll be a lost cause for a lot of us.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Meh, good for the fans I guess but I'll pass on this. CoD4 I felt was too average and stock, the footage they have showed have not swayed me either. They gotta pull off something really damn good to garner my attention.

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
Oh hey look! That's (supposedly) my city in the picture! Oh wait, I shouldn't be happy about how they depicted it, right? :p

I loved CoD4 - yes, especially the single player campaign - and I'm definitely excited for MW2, but I'm also eager to see the results regarding the Rio de Janeiro level.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Telling us fans what we want to hear without being too specific. Not reading too much into this, but I'm already confident it'll be a great experience, which Treyarch will parrot in a WW2 setting in their game's release the year after.