Infinity Ward: Modern Warfare 2 Will Be "Best F**king Experience We Can Possibly Deliver"

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
pigeon_of_doom said:
Telling us fans what we want to hear without being too specific. Not reading too much into this, but I'm already confident it'll be a great experience, which Treyarch will parrot in a WW2 setting in their game's release the year after.
They could be doing Vietnam [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91428-Rumor-Next-Call-of-Duty-In-Nam], to be fair.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
They could be doing Vietnam [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91428-Rumor-Next-Call-of-Duty-In-Nam], to be fair.
Never saw that news article. Good news I suppose. While I think their games have been decent, maybe a fresh setting will help them find the originality they've always seemed somewhat lacking in to me. Although I doubt they'll be able to pull off the kind of morally ambigous, disturbed game that may be able to do that war justice.

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
as long as they don't have another War Room level on Veteran. Difficult's one thing, but that level was just bad

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
At some point, quality cannot make up for quantity anymore.

No matter how amazing the game is, if it only lasts for a couple hours, it's not going to be worth 50 bucks.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
If they cut story mode's length below 10 hours, then it isn't worth my buck. I only play console games for non-online story modes.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Mirroga said:
If they cut story mode's length below 10 hours, then it isn't worth my buck. I only play console games for non-online story modes.
Eh with any FPS though it is kinda hard to drag out the game because you move so fast though the environment. Unless it's a story based game with artificial stops along the gameplay(ie forcing you to look for something or wait for an event) then most FPS's are doing good to get 5 hours gametime. Halo1-3 HL2 goldeneye, fear, timesplitters1-3, star wars battlefield, doom, quake, and the CODs all come in under 5 hours(halo 1 being 2 1/2 hours long) So if this comes in at 5-7-10 hours I'll be happy.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
It might be the most amazing experience since being healed by Jesus, but if it's only 30 minutes long, people are going to feel robbed.

That said, I do understand why they're going for a shorter game. The A-130 Spectre mission was great fun, but it'll loose whatever novelty it had when you've done it three times already.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Flap Jack452 said:
Jonny49 said:
As much as I loved cod4, I can see this bieng a disapointment.
Explain?
Over-hype any game and people get unrealistic expectations and get disappointed. Game companies generally over-compensate their game with hyping. It happens a lot.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
And now, to poke fun at the ambiguities of the English language: Notice that "best f**king / experience" and "best / f**king experience" are two completely different things. I wonder what else IW has in store for Modern Warfare 2, eh?
I sense another Hot Coffee incident. Jack Thompson will love this.
Too bad no one cares what the disgracefully disbarred Wacko Jacko thinks anymore, eh? At least, we can only hope.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Flap Jack452 said:
Jonny49 said:
Explain?
I just don't think it can live up to the first one. Cod4 was fresh, mind blowing and long lasting. I still think MW2 will be good, just not as good as believed. How can they top the nuke going off in cod4?

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
I don't see a giant revelation in the MP, but SP is definitely being revamped. MP will probably be changed in the same way as CoD2 change to CoD4.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Jonny49 said:
Flap Jack452 said:
Jonny49 said:
Explain?
I just don't think it can live up to the first one. Cod4 was fresh, mind blowing and long lasting. I still think MW2 will be good, just not as good as believed. How can they top the nuke going off in cod4?
Like this

Yes.. That is Earth exploding

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Jonny49 said:
Flap Jack452 said:
Jonny49 said:
Explain?
Hardcore interactive sex scenes?

sharks9

Mar 28, 2009
Jonny49 said:
Flap Jack452 said:
Jonny49 said:
Explain?
2 nukes?

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
sharks9 said:
Jonny49 said:
Flap Jack452 said:
Jonny49 said:
Explain?
2 nukes?
Cliff_m85 said:
Jonny49 said:
Flap Jack452 said:
Jonny49 said:
Explain?
Hardcore interactive sex scenes?
Two nukes having sex!

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
sneakypenguin said:
Mirroga said:
Eh with any FPS though it is kinda hard to drag out the game because you move so fast though the environment. Unless it's a story based game with artificial stops along the gameplay(ie forcing you to look for something or wait for an event) then most FPS's are doing good to get 5 hours gametime. Halo1-3 HL2 goldeneye, fear, timesplitters1-3, star wars battlefield, doom, quake, and the CODs all come in under 5 hours(halo 1 being 2 1/2 hours long) So if this comes in at 5-7-10 hours I'll be happy.
Halo 1 was definitely not 2 1/2 hours long. It wasn't huge, but it was a damn sight bigger than that. And Half Life 2 had a good 7-10 hours depending on skill and difficulty level, probably a bit more.

Grassassassin

Jun 21, 2009
Stylish_Robot said:
as long as they don't have another War Room level on Veteran. Difficult's one thing, but that level was just bad
That level took me weeks to complete.I got like 2 checkpoints through the wholething.
Anyways,as long as the game has a 7-10 hour story with good multiplayer I'm happy. I'm most looking forward to Borderlands and Bioshock 2 this year though.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
And now, to poke fun at the ambiguities of the English language: Notice that "best f**king / experience" and "best / f**king experience" are two completely different things. I wonder what else IW has in store for Modern Warfare 2, eh?
Oh, you

[http://photobucket.com/images/awesome%20face]