Infinity Ward Pokes Fun at Bobby Kotick

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
This would seem to suggest that Kotick isn't quite as draconian as he appears through his press statements, if he allows devs to get away with stunts like this.

I said it back then, I'll say it here: the whole Skepticism, Pessimism, and Fear deal was Kotick attempting to pull the gaming companies under his thumb away from the rosy viewpoint that they're in a recession-proof industry: attempting to get them to realize that job security does not mean you can be lazy with your work.

And he's right.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Infinity Ward, clever bastards. Not only are they at the right hand of the devil rather than in his path, but the devil can't afford to lose them from his side.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Amnestic said:
Donnyp said:
who exactly is Kotic? i've seen people talk about him but have no clue to who he is.
Robert "Bobby" Kotick is CEO of Activision Blizzard and an incarnation of Satan.
Nah, I don't think Satan would roll like Kotick does. Satan would at least make enjoyable games accessible to all so that he might brainwash us. Kotick seems more like a fascist dictator intent on purging all fun from the video game industry.

RyuGaiden

Nov 20, 2008
Unless there's something beyond amazing coming out (by that I mean Modern Warfare 2), I'm boycotting anything Activision, and anyone who cares about gaming should too. Activision is the anti-Capcom, and even the anti-EA. We have ourselves a successor to EA's throne as the Evil Empire of gaming. At least EA is making an attempt at innovation, and the developers who are in their EA Partners program speak glowingly about it (BioWare and Valve are prime examples). Infinity Ward themselves said that they had to fight Activision every step of the way to make Modern Warfare a reality.