Injustice 2 Will Include Source Crystal Currency, Which Can be Purchased With Real Money

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Injustice 2 Will Include Source Crystal Currency, Which Can be Purchased With Real Money

Injustice 2 introduces a new in-game currency, called Source Crystals, that you can buy with real world money.

NetherRealm has announced that Injustice 2 will feature a new in-game currency, called Source Crystals, which the company stresses can only be spent on cosmetic features.

These Source Crystals are available to be purchased using real world money, and can be spent on Premiere character skins, cosmetic adjustments, and Shaders for costumes. You can also use them to change the appearance of Gear, which is earned through play and comes with individual stats that can confer bonuses to a specific character's strength, defense, and health, along with adding new visual effects and animations. The Source Crystals would not change the stats of the Gear itself, but would rather allow you to change the visuals in order to have it match another piece.

The announcement [https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Introducing-Source-Crystals-for-Injustice-2/m-p/1452873] stresses that the Source Crystals cannot be used in order to gain advantage in the game. "To be clear, we value our community and want to confirm that you cannot "pay to win" in Injustice 2," it reads.

While Source Crystals aren't designed to impact progression in the game, they do allow for a bit of a shortcut. If you have ranked one character up to level 20, you can use the Source Crystals to level other characters up to the same level. "This is optional," NetherRealm says, "and won't affect gameplay or game progression."

[gallery=7053]

Injustice 2 is slated to release on May 16 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
[small]Bahahahaehahahoohehehahah![/small] Totally saw that coming as soon as the armour system was introduced. Nice one, WB. Subtle as drunk swaggered sledgehammer.

I must stop procrastinating now. They'll start to notice. Sorry!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
*Insert picardfacepalm.jpg here*
*insert sarcasm here*
*insert genuine disappointment with WB's constant fumbling of the proverbial ball*

That pretty much sums up my feelings.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
*insert sarcasm here*
*insert genuine disappointment with WB's constant fumbling of the proverbial ball*

So basically "business as usual" for WB. :^)

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
RJ 17 said:
*insert sarcasm here*

The moment you realize you can't be angry anymore because its "business as usual" and you just find yourself just feeling detached, disappointed, apathy.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
And this is why I would only ever be buying the game for its singleplayer and arcade mode.

They had better let you earn gear in arcade mode.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Just keep it out of the next Mortal Kombat. I fucking defended you guys for still appreciating unlockables, dont betray that!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
RJ 17 said:
*insert sarcasm here*

The moment you realize you can't be angry anymore because its "business as usual" and you just find yourself just feeling detached, disappointed, apathy.
Well it seems you're already getting there since you can't be bothered to post the traditional facepalm pic followed by the sarcastic display of disappointment. :^)

Anyways, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should except this kind of BS as the new norm and stop getting upset about it, I'm saying that at this point we should expect for WB to constantly give us reasons to admonish them. It's what they do, just like how our reaction will always be disappointment at best, out-right anger at worst. Either way it's the justified reaction.

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
And this is why I would only ever be buying the game for its singleplayer and arcade mode.

They had better let you earn gear in arcade mode.
... Yeah... About that...

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Well it seems you're already getting there since you can't be bothered to post the traditional facepalm pic followed by the sarcastic display of disappointment. :^)

Anyways, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should except this kind of BS as the new norm and stop getting upset about it, I'm saying that at this point we should expect for WB to constantly give us reasons to admonish them. It's what they do, just like how our reaction will always be disappointment at best, out-right anger at worst. Either way it's the justified reaction.
I don't really get angry anymore, except maybe a minor flash of "what the fuck?" at particularly egregious customer abuse moments. I'm just at the point where I've realize that profit is the big driving force behind these corps, and like it or not it'll always be that way. And because the majority of gaming individuals out there tend to be the type to buy this stuff, hence the reason it makes money, nothing we scream about in the minority clique who actually care about fair consumer treatment really matters to most of these companies. The profit margins do not lie to the corps, and to be quite honest, they're fools not to take it. Why? Because if they didn't turn comparable profits to their competitors, the investors will complain and possibly ditch the company for more accommodating ventures.
I almost wish they'd teach kids/young adults in school a little bit about being smart consumers, but that's asking a bit too much from education systems that focus on rote memorization and not developing skills for general life as well as jobs.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Douche Bag 1 at WB/EA/Etc: Why do so many people buy used games? WHY DO THEY HATE US SO.
Douche Bag 1 at WB/EA/Etc: Say...what if we charged FULL PRICE for a HALF FINISHED game?
Douche Bag 2 at WB/EA/Etc: AND WE'LL BLAME IT ON THE PIRATES!
Douche Bag 1 at WB/EA/Etc: BRILLIANCE!