Insane Fans Make Sony vs. Marvel vs. Capcom in LBP2

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Insane Fans Make Sony vs. Marvel vs. Capcom in LBP2

Would Marvel vs. Capcom really be better if it had Kratos and Nathan Drake in it - and they were both Sackboy?

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Marvel vs. Capcom 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105995-Storm-and-C-Viper-Zap-Into-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3], but as a fighting game fan I've always wanted to see Capcom do one of its crossover fighters with other companies. A Guilty Gear or BlazBlue crossover would be awesome, for one - and for another, it'd be nifty to see Capcom's fighters cross fists with Sony's proprietary characters like Kratos, and the other ones that aren't Kratos so nobody cares about them (okay, okay, we like Nate Drake).

A trifecta of Sony fans decided to use the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta to do just that. Sony vs. Marvel vs. Capcom is a fully-fledged fighting game built in LBP2, and it's - okay, I can't say it looks like a good fighting game, but it's an impressive work nonetheless.

In the video seen here, we see Sack-Kratos fighting a Sackboy whose Sack-identity I can't quite make out. I'd have liked to see how Nathan Drake, Cole McGrath and Solid Snake play too, as well as the Marvel and Capcom folks, but maybe that's just me being selfish.

Anyway, just the fact that you can make a 2.5D fighter in the LBP2 game creator is worthy of note - I foresee some amazing creations when the game actually comes out this January.

And they will all have penises in them.

(Via Capcom-Unity [http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/12/20/sony_vs_marvel_vs_capcom_in_littlebigplanet_2])

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Kratos vs Cole vs Spidey vs Mega Man vs Morrigan vs Chun Li...hmmm...wacky fun abound! I still want to see Alex Mercer show up in one of these games.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Ooh! Ooh! Next, can they make Valve vs. Nintendo vs. Sony vs. Marvel vs. Capcom vs. DC vs. Indie games (Meat Boy, Mr. Minecraft, etc.)?

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I don't think the opponent was a character, its wasn't on the character selection screen.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Awesome! I wish i had LBP now...

And i think the universe would explode if they did a Guilty Gear and Blazblue crossover.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Rigs83 said:
Fun until the devs pull out the ban cannon
Why would they?
thouse costume of characer are for sale in DLC... they are there to be used

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
Well, this sure seems different from the family friendly approach of the first game. The ending of the story campaign was so nauseatingly cute and happy I threw up rainbows.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Talvrae said:
Rigs83 said:
Fun until the devs pull out the ban cannon
Why would they?
thouse costume of characer are for sale in DLC... they are there to be used
Unless LBP2 has had new packs added to it Morrigan and some others don't have offical character skin pack. but yeah they havn't banned thing like this in the past unless it was offensive or slander really(At least it's like that in LBP1).

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Ratchet and Sly?

PLEASE!

Anyway, Youtube doesn't feel like working for me right now, so I can't watch the video.

:(

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Wow... having played the beta I have to say that making stuff like that isn't easy at all. Even something seemingly simple like the character selection screen would take a ton of logic.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
If only MUGEN could support 3D. You could make the ultimate Marvel vs Capcom vs SNK vs ASW vs DC vs Mortal Kombat vs Namco vs Sony vs SSB showdown.

Ryu, Dart Feld, Batman and Solid Snake versus Mario, Sol Badguy, Terry Bogard and Jin Kazama

[HEADING=2]THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE[/HEADING]

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
drisky said:
I don't think the opponent was a character, its wasn't on the character selection screen.
I think it was Chris Redfield, the rocket launcher was a giveaway.

OT: HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL, THAT WAS KICKASS!

I cannot wait to see what people will come up with when it's fully released, it's games like these that are breeding future game designers.