Insane Super Mario World Music Video Proves Androids Are Among Us

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Insane Super Mario World Music Video Proves Androids Are Among Us

The ultimate automatic Super Mario World music video has been discovered, but there's no way it was created by a human being.

Someone, or something, likely an android with similar capabilities to that of Star Trek: The Next Generation's Data, has re-created Queen's Don't Stop Me Now using a Super Mario World mod that plays automatically from beginning to end. These mods are nothing new, but the thing that makes this one so amazing is that it uses four levels playing in tandem. Don't Stop Me Now was represented well by this Super Mario Galaxy music video [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89561-Dont-Stop-Mario-Now], but the SNES version has trumped it with technical ability.

I can understand how a regular human could spend lots of time assembling a single Super Mario World level that plays a song, but four levels that work perfectly together and even coincide with each other for the purposes of video, such as writing words with coins between the four screens, are beyond human capability. Putting aside the impending doom that the video heralds, the video is quite artistic, with the mural at the end topping everything off perfectly.

Seriously though, whoever created this video needs to be interrogated as to how far along the infiltration of human society has progressed. Likely, it's already too late, and now the androids are just having fun with us. I guess it's also possible that someone from Japan (the video's apparent origin) spent all of his free moments over a long stretch of time creating a Queen song using Super Mario World, but it's much more probable that we have been infiltrated and will soon be destroyed by beings beyond our comprehension.

(Via: Topless Robot [http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/11/dont_stop_mario_now.php])

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
WHAAAT!!!

I never liked these kinds of videos, but FOUR OF THEM!!!...to the music OF QUEEN!!!

Forget androids! Somewhere out there, there's a gigantic nerd who hates us all!

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Wow. Just amazing..

If they were using that version, maybe Bill wouldn't have crashed the damn bus!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
This isn't really a new thing.

Still, it's the first time I've seen someone use four concurrently running games to do something like this, and it helps that I can understand the language being spoken :D

Thanks for sharing, Tom.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
That was so awesome, to get all four levels working simultaneously is just spectacular.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
This has a good precedent. I think I might prefer this one simply for sheer length and complexity of sound.

http://kotaku.com/387830/this-hands+free-super-mario-world-level-plays-sweet-sweet-music

Admittedly it doesn't use four levels simultaneously but both are well within human capabilities. It's similar to singing 4 parts of a song on your own then splicing them together.

EDIT: Ah, scott got in before me.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
scotth266 said:
This isn't really a new thing.

Still, it's the first time I've seen someone use four concurrently running games to do something like this, and it helps that I can understand the language being spoken :D

Thanks for sharing, Tom.
I've seen that video before on CollegeHumor, but not with the voices added.(which IMO makes it slightly better)

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Too. . . much. . . awesomeness to take in at once. Wow, androids is right. This was hard enough to watch, I can't think of the amount of time this must have taken to make.