Insanely Difficult Blaster Master Coming to Wii Virtual Console

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
Greg Tito said:
"What? You turned off the Nintendo and erased 8 hours of my life just so you could watch Gummi Bears? Are you kidding me?"
*little girly voice*
Yeah, and what the **** are you gonna do about it? *gets slapped in face* OH THAT IS IT, I'M CALLING CONSTABLE TIDDLES! *runs screaming to pink coloured room*

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Spiner909 said:
Like it won't be hard enough to get the blaster to point straight.
I don't think you understand what Virtual Console is. Suffice it to say you play it as if it were on an actual NES.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
That game was beast and I think I'll have to pick this up. Though even if it doesn't make sense...

Greg Tito said:

"What? You kicked the Sega MegaDrive by accident, froze The Lion King and erased 8 hours of my life just so you could watch The Notebook? Are you kidding me?"
Fixed. Bear in mind however this was two years ago and I was in my first year of University and I nearly spat acid. That game was hard.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I must admit, the first thing I thought of was "Awesome! Can I do a quick-draw contest with Greedo?" (not that that's that hard, but as a training level) So honestly, I'm kind of disappointed.

Can't say I'm all that excited about this. Sure I love retro-gaming, but no save codes or any means of saving? That's not difficult, that's just cheap.

ima420r

Aug 14, 2008
I don't remember having to playthrough the game with no saving or codes, but I do remember finishing the game. It may start out tough, but once you get some upgrades you should do fine. It's like Metroid in that regard as well.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Fortunately it has a suspend to storage feature on the VC so no saves isn't an issue.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, I can see my friend dissapearing into his home for a good month now...I played it once, and to be is still one of the most difficuly games ever made!

Wonder what they will do with it in the remake...

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
One thing that drove me insane in Blaster Master: Level 5 crab boss.

That bastard ended so many of my games. It took me a long time, like months or years, before I managed to beat that bobble blowing SOB and progress through the rest of the game. I believe I even beat it, too, once I finally got past level 5. I may pick it up on my Wii just to see if I could beat it again.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Some of the bosses are glitched so that if you toss a grenade at them and pause the game they take damage while its paused and you can kill them in no time.

Unfortunately it only like 2 of them and after reading this article I'm flashing back to those killer box thingys....evil.

I did finish the game once tho. The final boss isn't the one they tease in the manual/on the cover. Its a weird red thing.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
The game is hard, but it's no battle toads.
Agreed. I wish Rare would dislodge the stick from their ass so they could make money off classic gamers like me who are hungry for Killer Instinct, Battletoads and even Blast Corps.

I do so love Blaster Master, however.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Doug said:
Am I the only one who thought "Who runs Barter Town?" "Master Blaster" when they saw the title?
2 man enter, 1 man leave.

Sorry for the double-post.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
MetaKnight19 said:
This game is sweet, especially the tank driving segments. Definite purchase.

Eric the Orange said:
The game is hard, but it's no battle toads.
True words of wisdom. I can't even get past the third stage on BattleToads.

Rented this 3 times, bought it, then spent more than 2 weeks trying to get past this level. And it only gets harder. God, I wish I could get this for VC...