InstaDoom Adds Instagram Filters, Selfie Stick, to Doom

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
InstaDoom Adds Instagram Filters, Selfie Stick, to Doom

There's a special place in hell reserved for those who use selfie sticks...

Have you ever played Doom and thought "this game would look much better with a shitty overly bright filter plonked on top of it?" How about, "killing demons is fun, but I wish i could take a selfie of myself standing over their corpses?" Well, good news! InstaDoom [http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/71767-instadoom-screw-nofilter-rc1/] is the mod for you, adding 37 real Instagram filters to the game, as well as the ability to take in-game selfies with the new "selfie stick" feature. Turns out there really is a special place in hell for selfie stick users.

Check out some screenshots of the amazing mod in action below:

[gallery=3826]

The mod is available as a free download [https://www.dropbox.com/s/enxo9i3oiznc637/instadoom.zip?dl=0] for anyone who owns a copy of Doom. It's hilariously superfluous, but it is quite incredible to see that new ideas are still being breathed into id software's classic shooter, which is now over two decades old.

God bless the PC modding community.

Source: Doomworld [http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/71767-instadoom-screw-nofilter-rc1/]

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Not even going to lie, this is awesome.

At least there's some fucking DOOM neAAAAARRGHGRDFSF$()*&^&*@#!$@#$

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
And people say that the PC is dead, this is the greatest mod ever!

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Lol, on picture 3 DOOM Guy is about to be punished for making that selfie.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Almost convinced me to take my first ever selfie. Almost.

[sub]I'm still not that narcissistic.[/sub]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
#NotAllMartians?

#WhatIsThisIDon'tEven?

I mean, WTF is this crap?

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
And people say that the PC is dead, this is the greatest mod ever!
I thought that people had the opposite problem where PC Gamers never seem to stop bragging :p

Neat idea I suppose but I am still anti-social media. Henceforth, I shall state "it's okay".

Liquidprid3

Jan 24, 2014
People are hating in this? Freaking nerds, this is the GOAT right here.

This mod is actually pretty funny though. I know what I'm making my Faceboook profile pic.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
...and that's enough Escapist for today...

I'm actually conflicted on this one. On the one hand, it's a selfie mod. Why in the hell do we need a selfie mod?
On the other, the selfie with the Icon of Sin is HILARIOUS, and I'm kinda curious as to what else there is to it.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Bwahahahaha @ picture three!

I wonder if you can choose your expression when you use the Selfie stick?
Bored, LOL-ing/mischievous etc. could make for some fun pics on Twitter ;)
Especially after some good Photoshoppers take notice and take that to the next level (Would that be Duke Nukem 3D? :p )

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
I took a few later in that thread, the ones inside a DM map I made of my friend's house.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
The selfies kinda reminded me the selfie feature they added to the Picto Box in Wind Waker HD. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKmqFjYkwk]

Notshauna

May 12, 2014
I want to go on the record I officially supports the ability to take a selfie in games, I think it's actually amazing. Like seriously I like it a lot, it'll eventually feel overdone but for now it's amazing.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
The main question on my mind is weather or not this is compatible with Brutal Doom or not. Because as awesome as the Icon of Sin selfie is I'd like to be able to do that pose in the game with a hall that's just completely repainted in blood and gore.