Interactive Scale of the Universe will blow your mind.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
Reminds me of that thing from Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

I already had a fairly good idea about the size of the universe, so my mind remains intact.
I have to agree with this. It's amazing, but it's nothing I haven't seen before. I was kinda amazed at the size of the Minecraft world though.

Ignuus66

Sep 23, 2010
Not to boast, but I knew of most of the things here. except the giant earthworm *shudder*

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Vegosiux said:
Yes, the universe is quite a big thing, yet you only need about 40 decimal spaces of pi to calculate its size to the precision of the size of a proton, how mind blowing is that?
Not at all....?

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
Mind you the observable universe is only part of the entire universe at large, which seems to go on forever.

May 29, 2011
The only part of my mind that wasn't allready blown years ago was protected by the distance of voyager 1 from earth, the total size of the minecraft world and the total human height. All oddly comforting in their own way.

Imagine that in a relatively short time, we'll be able to create a virtual world that's bigger than the estimated size of the universe.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Already saw it. On Newgrounds.

And wasnt that impressed due to the fact that i already saw its predecessor. On Newgrounds.

Also it was uploaded nearly 2 weeks ago. On Newgrounds.

Now ill go see it again. On Newgrounds [http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/589217].

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
-sigh- I found this the day it came out. On Newgrounds.

Yeah, it is interesting, but I don't really think it's discussion worthy.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
They forgot to add a nebula - you know, the one made up of the combined Tyranid hive fleets coming to devour every last scrap of what's depicted in that impressive little animation.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
Take an Astronomy class. I've done the math myself, and the universe is about 14 billion years old. Our sun has been around for only a third of the existence of everything ever, and it has been around FAR longer than we have. We're nothing. It's pretty terrifying.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Reminds me of the Johnny Test episode where they are shrunk to the size smaller than an atom and come in an alternate dimension.

Otherwise, Mindblown.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
I give you the history of the universe!!!!! [http://chronozoom.cloudapp.net/firstgeneration.aspx](requires Microsoft Silverlight plugin) The entire human history is in the upper right-hand corner. Keep scrolling, you'll eventually find it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Blunderboy said:
Well it certainly blew mine.
Interactive Scale of the Universe [http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/scale_of_the_universe_2012]
Isn't this how they tried to kill zaphod Beeblebrox?

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Officially coolest thing I've seen today, thanks for sharing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go play with this thing some more, this is cool!